[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwWraith

A little suggestion to Training mod: is it possible to allow using training dummies for pawns that have required weapon not equipped but in the inventory? It would be very nice to use with PeteTimesSix's SimpleSidearms mod, for example.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Rexaurius

Can someone make MAI compatible with EPOE? it would be cool to give MAI a better arm or leg

s44yuritch

What looks like a bug with MAI: if they ever catch fire, they don't try to extinguish themselves, and instead go on continuing what they were doing. If you draft them then they start running around as people on fire do, still not trying to beat the fire out. Other people can however put the fires out on them (will need to chase them first).

remtsoy

I don't get how MAI research works.

Steps I have done:
1. Researched ai production.
2. Researched ai mining.
3. Created ai building bench.
4. Created a MAI thing.
5. Activated with AI core.

I'we got a cool looking robot with lvl 7 skills at weapons, melee and intellectual, but no mining. (I haven't done research on AI intellectual btw)
rimworld v17b.v0.17.1557.

Got the same results without other mods (only misc.core and misc.mai)
misc.core was loaded before misc.mai

Canute

QuoteJob: Weapon Repair
   Do you have your best weapon in an awful condition, but various worse weapons of the same kind just laying around?
   Now you can repair your weapon with spare parts from similiar weapons (as long as you have a mechanic table)

Doh,di doh doh doh.
After looking long time for a any mechanic table, nothing to build, nothing to spawn with the dev. tool (could be an incident thing like the railgun) i looked at the XML and found
<li>TableMachining</li>
Machining table, not mechanic ! :-)

And maybe mention too, that you need to right click on the weapon you want to repair, there are no extra repair bills at the table.

lorebot

Is anyone else having/reporting any issues with Bees'n'Honey?

I just started playing with it a day or two ago and I finally did the research to build my own beehives. I built them immediately next to my crops thinking the crops would count as flowers for the bees to use to make honey, but the hives still said Flowers 0/50 so I put down some flower plots nearby with daylilies...still 0/50...tried all the other types of flowers, no joy.

I'm not sure how Bees'n'Honey goes about detecting flowers for the beehives, but it's possible that Vegetable Garden is interfering with it. As much as I love the idea of honey, mead, and apiaries, if I have to choose between VG and the bees, I'll be choosing VG.

EDIT: I moved Bees'n'Honey above Vegetable Garden in the load order and that seems to have resolved the issue. I can't say for sure it's a load order issue or if I just needed to restart/reload the game, but it seems fixed now so I'll just call it a win and keep an eye out for further trouble. :)

Haplo

Another possibility might also if you've checked it too soon.
The flower check is done rather rare, so that might also a possibility. Maybe, maybe not..

@Canute: Thanks for the info. I'll update my descriptions (haven't even noticed I wrote it wrong) :)

lorebot

Quote from: Haplo on June 29, 2017, 03:18:11 AM
Another possibility might also if you've checked it too soon.
The flower check is done rather rare, so that might also a possibility. Maybe, maybe not..

You could be right. I noticed that when I build new beehives they start at 0/50 instead of immediately matching their neighbor and it can take a while for them to check their area for flowers.

Canute

haplo,
i got an idea about a starting scenario's with only 2-3 MAI's and maybe 1-2 bots. But it isn't possible to create MAIs as starting pawns .
But then i realized too, starting with only MAIs it would be to easy too. They don't need food, allways good mood.

But the main question are, could you made it possible to start as or with MAIs ?

wwWraith

Quote from: Canute on June 29, 2017, 04:33:09 PM
haplo,
i got an idea about a starting scenario's with only 2-3 MAI's and maybe 1-2 bots. But it isn't possible to create MAIs as starting pawns .
But then i realized too, starting with only MAIs it would be to easy too. They don't need food, allways good mood.

Heh, I made such scenario for myself, too :) It semi-works, you start with 2 human pawns but at the moment of their arrival they disappear and became replaced by MAIs. Prepare Carefully doesn't help, even their genders are random. And because of that replacement it seems like some things related to start are missing and it may lead to strange errors later.

And it's not so easy as it seems at first. One of the problem is that you cannot force MAI to do anything when they want to recharge, so any raid or other incident may become quite dangerous if you have no human colonists. There are other special things, so actually it's enough interesting experience.

I put my scenario in attachment, it would be great if you or someone else will make some use of it. It isn't polished, but I hope you 'll excuse it now :)

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Canute

Thanks wwWraith,
that mod works well, to bad you need to have the MAI researched researched, or the MAI's are just armed researcher but can't even build their own research bench.

I modified it a bit, so no resources spawn, but many ship chunks, it it is like a ship crash.
And it is like i though, a perfect scenario for beginner pretty easy start even on extreme biomes.

wwWraith

I haven't added the MAI research to not allow them to start to reproduce immediately :) And because they know how most things work but still have to figure out how to make them from the scratch. And resources instead of ship chunks as they were not crashlanded but planned their landing... Just as they have some different logic and a little experience of what is survival in rimworld, their plan may look strange for us humans :) It was like "Why do these humans need that wood and cloth and whatever, we will build our new sweet home from shiny plasteel and our robots will do the most things for us as it was in our glitterworld, what could possibly go wrong with this..." But of course it was just my roleplaying idea, you are free to use it as you like :)

tobi1449

When I've researched the honey stuff, my base started to get filled up with randomly spawning honey, please help, I'm drowning in it x(

Jokes aside, this is the error:
Exception ticking Brown: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at BeeAndHoney.CompTimedRespawn.SpawnDefAndVanishSelf () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at BeeAndHoney.CompTimedRespawn.CompTickRare () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.TickRare () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingOwner.ThingOwnerTickRare (Boolean removeIfDestroyed) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_InventoryTracker.InventoryTrackerTickRare () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.TickRare () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

And here is the full log.

Edit: apparently this happens when a queen bee is held inside a pawn's or pet's inventory and dies. It can't despawn but every time it tries it spawns honey instead.

MercuryDoll

Quote from: tobi1449 on July 01, 2017, 07:26:33 AM
When I've researched the honey stuff, my base started to get filled up with randomly spawning honey, please help, I'm drowning in it x(

Jokes aside, this is the error:
Exception ticking Brown: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at BeeAndHoney.CompTimedRespawn.SpawnDefAndVanishSelf () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at BeeAndHoney.CompTimedRespawn.CompTickRare () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingOwner.ThingOwnerTickRare (Boolean removeIfDestroyed) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_InventoryTracker.InventoryTrackerTickRare () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

And here is the full log.

Edit: apparently this happens when a queen bee is held inside a pawn's or pet's inventory and dies. It can't despawn but every time it tries it spawns honey instead.
Can confirm this, a tradecaravan's muffalo had a queenbee in their inventory and kept spawning honey.
Exception ticking Muffalo1581619: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Haplo

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it when I'm home :)

Edit:
The Update of Bee'n'Honey is out.
Please try out version 0.17.8. This should fix the re-spawn error.