[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Haplo,
just notice the weapon repair thing ignore the forbid of any item.
I order a pawn to repair a weapon, but forbid these weapon afterwards to cancel the job.
But the pawn carry the forbidden weapon to the workbench, get another and repair it. The weapon is still repaired and forbidden on the workbench.

faltonico

Hello there!
Do the expedition incidents have the same long, long (LONG!!) time to complete as in A15?

Haplo

The expedition incidents don't work like in a15 anymore.
Now they create targets on the map where you can go to.

faltonico

Thank you for your reply!
I'll eventually give it try one more time.

Dima_

seems my hauling bot just spends more time wandering than hauling anything. it might have something to do with it trying to haul certain things, but not being able to or not wanting to, because i've noticed when i set a bunch of colonists to haul and they start hauling, the bot then eventually starts hauling again.

Canute

Do you use maybe a storage mod ?
When someone haul from/to a stockpile tile/storage this storage becomes locked until the hauling process is finished.
In example you got skully's pallets/skips and just assign 1 for steel. But there are 3 hauler and many stacks of steel.
Only one hauler will haul to this storage.
Solution, build more even when the first isn't even nearly full, or create a small stockpile next to it with lower priority.

Dima_

Quote from: Canute on July 06, 2017, 04:54:30 AM
Do you use maybe a storage mod ?
When someone haul from/to a stockpile tile/storage this storage becomes locked until the hauling process is finished.
In example you got skully's pallets/skips and just assign 1 for steel. But there are 3 hauler and many stacks of steel.
Only one hauler will haul to this storage.
Solution, build more even when the first isn't even nearly full, or create a small stockpile next to it with lower priority.

that's not it. i have no storage mods, and plenty of stockpiles.

Sempius

Hi, I'm having an issue with this mod: when using EdB Prepare Carefully, upon arrival, one of my pawns will always turn into a MAI. Is this common and quickly fixable?

Vastrix

first of all, nice mod! :)

As for the bug, not much to clarify really..

You owe me a finger! ;(

If you have any further questions, I'd happily answer them! :)
cheers, o/

Vastrix

Also, they can marry?

Can we get little baby MAI's as well? :)

Canute

MAI's are Artifical inteligence not stupid robots. Ofcourse they start social fights, can fall in love and marry others like other Alien races too.
If you want dumb working robots, you should use the robots from Misc++.

Vastrix

Quote from: Canute on July 11, 2017, 06:05:36 AM
MAI's are Artifical inteligence not stupid robots. Ofcourse they start social fights, can fall in love and marry others like other Alien races too.
If you want dumb working robots, you should use the robots from Misc++.

You sir, just lied!

plus, every half decent developer who created a >= human level AI, hardcodes the three+ laws of robotics.. :/

Canute

Asimov's law, no not every developer and MAI's don't got these, or you couldn't use them to defend your colony or use them as doctor to treat/operate patients.

And about the "unable to feel anything" they still can run emotion simulation, and do you remember StarTrek TNG, Data and Tasha Yar ... or the 200 year man ? :-)

Vastrix

Quote from: Canute on July 11, 2017, 09:13:41 AM
Asimov's law,
A completely unnecessary correction but yes
unless you wanted to look smart? :/

no not every developer and MAI's don't got these, or you couldn't use them to defend your colony or use them as doctor to treat/operate patients.
I don't quite understand the red part..? :s
But you'd have to be a seriously irresponsible developer, or extremely curious. either way I'm fairly certain that I taught my colonists not to mess with entropy :/

And about the "unable to feel anything" they still can run emotion simulation, and do you remember StarTrek TNG, Data and Tasha Yar ... or the 200 year man ? :-)
I don't no :(
That's from before my time..

Canute

Quote from: Vastrix on July 11, 2017, 10:53:45 AM
no not every developer and MAI's don't got these, or you couldn't use them to defend your colony or use them as doctor to treat/operate patients.
I don't quite understand the red part..? :s
But you'd have to be a seriously irresponsible developer, or extremely curious. either way I'm fairly certain that I taught my colonists not to mess with entropy :/
Look, MAI can wield weapons and use them against any other attacker. Wouldn't that against the 1. rule you mention ? With that rule all MAIs need to be pacifists.
When a MAI should operate a patience he need to hurt the patient. Yes sure at the end the patient might be at better condition then before. But the fact is he need to hurt before, which is against the 1. rule.

Thats why a MAI is a true AI, and don't got any restrictions.