[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vastrix

Quote from: Canute on July 11, 2017, 01:42:06 PM
Look, MAI can wield weapons and use them against any other attacker. Wouldn't that against the 1. rule you mention ? With that rule all MAIs need to be pacifists.
When a MAI should operate a patience he need to hurt the patient. Yes sure at the end the patient might be at better condition then before. But the fact is he need to hurt before, which is against the 1. rule.

Thats why a MAI is a true AI, and don't got any restrictions.

Huh, yea, forgot about that, good point ;)

gaultesian

Looks like I got this error in my latest game.  I researched all the requisite techs and when doing the bill order for the MAI, and it completes, the message that an enhanced MAI is posted, but it still remains dormant, and I do not get the MAI in my colonist list.  Here is the error:

Error while creating AIPawnE.
Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
STACK:
  at AIPawn.AIPawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request, Verse.Map map, Int32 tries) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AIPawn.AIPawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (System.String kindDefName, RimWorld.Faction faction, Verse.Map map, Gender gender) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AIPawn.Building_AIPawnCreator.CreateAIPawn (System.String pawnDefName, IntVec3 position, Verse.Map map, RimWorld.Faction faction, Gender gender) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AIPawn.Building_AIPawnCreator.CreateAIPawn (System.String pawnDefName, IntVec3 position, Verse.Map map, Gender gender) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AIPawn.Building_AIPawnCreator.Create () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AIPawn.Building_AIPawnCreatorEnhanced.Create () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AIPawn.Building_AIPawnCreator.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
AIPawn.Building_AIPawnCreator:Tick()
AIPawn.Building_AIPawnCreatorEnhanced:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I have tested this error with the Psychology mod on and off (had to start a new game, otherwise it will give me a continuous error dialog when I inactivate it on a current game.  On a new game, without psychology on, the MAI work like a charm.  When psychology is activated, it will not allow the MAI to activate.

Cheers,

Dexios_Divine

So i got all the research for mai and tried building her, got the bench required but none of my pawns are putting the resources into it, turned it on and everything, not sure whats the bug, I did install the mod in a save I already had so maybe thats why its broken? Do i have to do a new save to have mai work properly?

Canute

No.
So long you don't have stockpiles with critical priority for Steel/silver your hauler will slowly fill the assembler.
The jow to fill the assembler got low priority, so when your hauler are busy with other work, maybe you should create a special area to include the assembler and your stockpile and assign a hauler to it.

You can't force to fill the assembler. Don't forget to press Start each time you load a safegame.

Warforyou

Quote from: gaultesian on July 13, 2017, 05:30:01 PM
Looks like I got this error in my latest game.  I researched all the requisite techs and when doing the bill order for the MAI, and it completes, the message that an enhanced MAI is posted, but it still remains dormant, and I do not get the MAI in my colonist list.  Here is the error:

Error while creating AIPawnE.
Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
STACK:
  at AIPawn.AIPawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request, Verse.Map map, Int32 tries) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AIPawn.AIPawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (System.String kindDefName, RimWorld.Faction faction, Verse.Map map, Gender gender) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AIPawn.Building_AIPawnCreator.CreateAIPawn (System.String pawnDefName, IntVec3 position, Verse.Map map, RimWorld.Faction faction, Gender gender) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AIPawn.Building_AIPawnCreator.CreateAIPawn (System.String pawnDefName, IntVec3 position, Verse.Map map, Gender gender) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AIPawn.Building_AIPawnCreator.Create () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AIPawn.Building_AIPawnCreatorEnhanced.Create () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AIPawn.Building_AIPawnCreator.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
AIPawn.Building_AIPawnCreator:Tick()
AIPawn.Building_AIPawnCreatorEnhanced:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I have tested this error with the Psychology mod on and off (had to start a new game, otherwise it will give me a continuous error dialog when I inactivate it on a current game.  On a new game, without psychology on, the MAI work like a charm.  When psychology is activated, it will not allow the MAI to activate.

Cheers,

The same there for me.

EDIT

Nevermind, just updated Psychology and everything works perfect now!

abracadabra

Quote from: Warforyou on July 17, 2017, 05:26:07 PM
The same there for me.

EDIT

Nevermind, just updated Psychology and everything works perfect now!
I updated Psychology and MAI still does not activates.

FurtherV

I am playing with a big modset right now, including Combat Extended A17 and EPOE 2.0 and, well, when I try to deactivate a MEI it gives a job error. https://pastebin.com/PiixtCw3

Im not sure if the error is based on EPOE or CE. Can anyone help me? Also it would be nice if it could get fixed ^^

abracadabra

Quote from: FurtherV on July 27, 2017, 04:10:45 AM
I am playing with a big modset right now, including Combat Extended A17 and EPOE 2.0 and, well, when I try to deactivate a MEI it gives a job error. https://pastebin.com/PiixtCw3

Im not sure if the error is based on EPOE or CE. Can anyone help me? Also it would be nice if it could get fixed ^^
QuoteNote: With this patch the following parts are definitely compatible with Combat Realism: 'CORE', MapGenerator, MapGenerator FactionBase.
For the other parts I can't guarantee that they will work with CR!
Definitely NOT working are: Training, Objects, MAI

Valor

Quick question: What counts as flower for Beehive? I use Hardcore.SK, And have my hive between cotton, coffee and wheat fields. Also some random green grass etc. Still 0/50.

Thank you

Canute

Flowers are mosttimes these things you can plant and don't give anything to harvest.
Daylily,Dandelions,...

Valor

One more strange thing, I have several beehives together. One has 254/50 flowers in range, and two others, directly next to it have 0/50.

Haplo

Let a few ingame hours pass without using speed 3 and they should update

carpediembr

Not sure if something happened or a RNG fucked me over, but Anomaly event created a new "World map", when I sent a caravan over, there was nothing on the map.

I had both computers.

Canute

These encounter got a timelimit, you are sure you arrived there before the time went up.
Or did you enter the encounter map, and nothing special was there ?

carpediembr

Quote from: Canute on August 02, 2017, 09:55:24 AM
These encounter got a timelimit, you are sure you arrived there before the time went up.
Or did you enter the encounter map, and nothing special was there ?

I did arrive before the time went up and on the encounter map there was nothing special there.