[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbob_

Disabled my anti-virus, the zip downloads but i also get this. I'd try re-uploading that one

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Canute

I just download and unzip all B18 mod from mediafire without problems.
If Haplo didn't changed anything just before, the problem is maybe at your side.

Haplo

I haven't changed anything yet, but can confirm that I also can download it just fine..

SpaceDorf

thank you ..

100 boars are nothing compared to hauling and cleaning bots ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Haplo

Another day, another update:
Misc. MapGenerator and MapGenerator_FactionBase are both updated. ;D

ChaosChronicler

Thanks Haplo, always considered your map generator an essential when doing a play thru.  :)

kolto

I have a question about this awesome mod:
How many bots (all kind) can you build / would you build, before it impacts the games performance?

This is obviously depending on the CPU used, but for an older i7 4 Core + HT?

Canute

Bot are currently like animals.
You basicly could replace all your hauling animals you got before with hauling bots, and since bots got an improved hauling then animals you might less bots then animals.
But people report a hugh lag impact when the bots become idle and looking for work.
Then you should disable some bots, until you notice you will need them again (like after a raid).

Vane

Hey Haplo, are you going to be updating MAI and Robots++

Haplo

MAI will be updated last, as she is usually the mod with the hardest changes.
Robots is updated, Robots++ is not my mod :)

Update of today: Bees & Honey is updated

Haplo

Update for Misc. Robots:

- First I've updated the worker job to be close to the vanilla job handling, so hopefully this will address a lot of the issues.
- Additionally I've added a message + reset if the assigned area doesn't include the recharge station.
- And thirdly I've added that the robot returns to the room of the recharge station if it is idling.

frenchiveruti

Quote from: Haplo on December 11, 2017, 04:41:00 PM
Update for Misc. Robots:

- First I've updated the worker job to be close to the vanilla job handling, so hopefully this will address a lot of the issues.
- Additionally I've added a message + reset if the assigned area doesn't include the recharge station.
- And thirdly I've added that the robot returns to the room of the recharge station if it is idling.
It seems like the universe is laughing at me because my savegame got corrupted badly and now you update with this cool features!
Aw, it seems like I'll have to create a new colony ha.

Pichu0102

Where would I put <MoveSpeed>4</MoveSpeed> in the defs if I wanted to change the cleaner bot's speed?

EDIT: Whoops, sorry, thought it would be in the PawnKindDefs folder since there wasn't a ThingDef_Races folder, it's actually in the ThingDef folder. Sorry about that!

Harry_Dicks

Update for Misc. Robots:

I'm feeling really dumb, but where is the option to assign what areas bots can work in?

Pichu0102

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on December 11, 2017, 07:22:56 PM
Update for Misc. Robots:

I'm feeling really dumb, but where is the option to assign what areas bots can work in?
Select an active robot, and in their little info box on the lower left, click the area indicator (Unrestricted by default) to choose a new area.