[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Haplo on January 11, 2018, 06:56:52 AM
The robots tab is finished. I had a bit of free time yesterday which resulted in a looong night doing it..
It is uploaded to GitHub and Steam, but I forgot the direct link, sorry
Will fix this later on when I'm home. Until then you can get it from the GitHub Mod Collection :)

Hellllll yeah, you're the man, man! So will it also show Misc. Robots++ bots as well? I'm starting a new game so I won't be at bots for a bit, was just curious in advance. You don't know how happy you've made me!

Also I am now accepting donations for my totally awesome and unique suggestions that I never, ever saw anywhere else and thought up of out of the blue all by myself...  :P

Haplo

It should show Robots++ also, as they are just XML variants of these robots.
As long as there isn't an assembly there that changes the robots codewise, it should work, as I search for pawns of type X2_AIRobots.
Hmm on second thought there may be a different approach, that doesn't have this incompatibility.. but..
Whats done is done.. for now.. :)

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Haplo on January 11, 2018, 12:08:50 PM
It should show Robots++ also, as they are just XML variants of these robots.
As long as there isn't an assembly there that changes the robots codewise, it should work, as I search for pawns of type X2_AIRobots.
Hmm on second thought there may be a different approach, that doesn't have this incompatibility.. but..
Whats done is done.. for now.. :)

From RPP_Races, "<ThingDef Abstract="True" Name="RPP_Bot_IV" ParentName="RPP_Bot" Class="AIRobot.X2_ThingDef_AIRobot">"

Also, no assemblies. Haven't checked it out ingame yet, but I'd bet my money that you got it right the first time!

Haplo

Update
I just found out that I accidently reactivated the Party bug with the B18 update. :-[
The BugFix for this is uploaded (0.18.6)

TerrorThomasCao

I think i found a problem with the MAI's, it might've gotten patched but I haven't seen any mention of it. My normal MAI is fine but the advanced MAI I activated with my AI core it permanently stuck down. He took damage and got downed so I healed him but when I healed him, he got up and instantly downed again, this went on for 3 quadrums before I went into dev mode. I restored his torso which healed all the parts but he just got downed again. I tried deleting the injuries themselves but he just got hurt again, he's dead now because I got frustrated but when he was still up, he had a permanent pink tinge, as if he was stuck taking damage. It only fixed once I killed and revived him, but after that he took damage and got infinitely down again.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: TerrorThomasCao on January 11, 2018, 09:48:08 PM
I think i found a problem with the MAI's, it might've gotten patched but I haven't seen any mention of it. My normal MAI is fine but the advanced MAI I activated with my AI core it permanently stuck down. He took damage and got downed so I healed him but when I healed him, he got up and instantly downed again, this went on for 3 quadrums before I went into dev mode. I restored his torso which healed all the parts but he just got downed again. I tried deleting the injuries themselves but he just got hurt again, he's dead now because I got frustrated but when he was still up, he had a permanent pink tinge, as if he was stuck taking damage. It only fixed once I killed and revived him, but after that he took damage and got infinitely down again.

I think it's okay now for you to spawn a new one with dev mode ::)

TerrorThomasCao

Lol, I'll just revive him once I figure out if I'm missing something or if the bug is fixed, I'm not gonna risk having to deal with this again :P

EDIT: In hindsight,  it could possibly some freak of nature weird mod conflicts but I doubt it.

stamasd

The Mediafire downloads aren't working. It shows "generating new download key" over and over again. When it's supposedly finished, it goes back over to the beginning again.

Canute

I just tryed to download the Misc. Core, and i don't got any trouble.
Maybe you got trouble with your adblocker and/or script blocker ?

coldcell

The link to Misc Robot is not working for me. Anyone else having the same problem?

Canute

I think that is that link stamasd mention too.

Yes Robots arn't working for me either.

Haplo

Yes, sorry. I think I accidently cleaned up too much there :)
Please download the latest Versions from GitHub for now. I'll fix this later (not home atm).

Edit: Is fixed now.

Evillevi

So the mod is real great. That said Imma be blind and can't find out how to repair damaged robots

Canute

Once a robot is disabled, someone with construction skill 6+ can repair the robot.
He will carry the disabled robot to the base station, gather some steel and component and fix the robot.
When a robot is just damaged i don't found a way to repair it.

Haplo

I've added the repair option of slightly damaged robots just yesterday.
Also a 'Go Recharge' button to the robots themself.

The repair will happen whenever the robot is in the recharge station, but the robot will not go there just because it is damaged.
It is just a simple robot and doesn't watch its health :)
It will go there whenever the battery is low or you send it to recharge manually -> therefor the new button.

Currently this update is available via Steam or GitHub.
I was too tired, so the forum link comes sometimes later :P