[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Thanks haplo.

If you would use github like it should be used. :-))
You just needed to like to the release page of that mod project and don't need to change the download link for each new release.

Haplo

To be honest I'm not that experienced with GitHub, so I'll most likely do blunders like that more often.
But thanks for the info. I'll take a look and see if I can figure it out :)
(I think a big problem I have is, that I made ONE Project containing all the mods instead of several smaller ones.. :-\ )

Tenshi~Akari

Came across an issue with MAI: Apparently when drafted on generated event maps for caravans (enemy base, ambush, etc.) MAI pawns will break the UI... "break" in terms of nothing showing up when they're selected, no options or anything, you can't move them, you can't even undraft them, nor can you really click on anything else on the map or bring up any context menus when this happens. The only way to even get back to any other pawns and making things selectable for normal pawns is to go out of the world map or double-click switch back to the base map then choose a pawn from there.

Haplo

Most likely this has created an output_log entry.
Can you please provide that? Normally it can be found in the RimWorld-Subfolder RimWorldXXXXWin_Data
It will help me finding the reason for this error..

Tenshi~Akari

Nevermind, I think I figured out immediately what happened as soon as I saw the log.  :P

Seems like it's more or less a Run & Gun clash on that part... strange, because it works fine with Misc. MAI whenever the MAIs are on the main map. Might have to get Roolo in on this issue.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RunAndGun.Harmony.Pawn_DraftController_GetGizmos_Patch.Postfix (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Gizmo>&,Verse.Pawn&) <0x000ff>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.GetGizmos_Patch3 (object) <0x00056>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor_Patch0 (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<object>) <0x00148>
at RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect.DrawInspectGizmos () <0x0003e>
at RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility.ExtraOnGUI (RimWorld.IInspectPane) <0x00062>
at RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect.ExtraOnGUI () <0x00014>
at Verse.WindowStack.WindowStackOnGUI () <0x00065>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x000d7>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x000c6>

Haplo

Thanks for the info. It is strange though, as MAI is effectively a relative normal colonist.
Especially in regards to drafting what seems to be the problem..

But for now:
A new Update is live
Robots
   - Robots will now slowly be repaired whenever they are in their recharge station.
MapGenerator
   - Not much changes that are seen but these are needed for the next update:
MapGenerator Xtension 'Urban Biome'
   - This provides randomly urban biomes. These are abandoned city ruins that are reclaimed by nature.
      You can settle here, but watch out, some buildings may still contain active guardians!

Harry_Dicks

I think the slow auto repair is perfect. I was thinking earlier how you would just have to hope that a pawn goes to repair a bot when it is recharging, and that is after they run and get the supplies. I like this way better, at least for any light damage.

Also looking forward to the reclaimed by nature urban biomes!

Jan2607

Since it is not possible anymore to get AI cores from psychic ships, are there other ways to get them for my MAIs?
I know I can get them from these quests, but that will make the cores much rarer than prior B18. But... I like enhanced MAIs...

Canute

Jan2607,
you are right with the new system how AI cores get droped, enhanced MAI's are very hard to create. But haplo didn't play rimworld for a while and just update the mods.
So i think he isn't aware of this situation.

I suggest to use
[B18] Sparkling Worlds - Glittertech on the Rim
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35373.0
to craft own AI cores.
or
[B18] Trading Economy
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35551.0
to call a Walkblem Technologie Caravan which sells 2-5 AI cores.

Jan2607

Thank you :)

Haplo, maybe you could add these cores to robot traders?

Haplo

Thanks for the headsup. Yes I think I'll add them in low quantities but high prices to the trader :)

Update
- I've updated Robots
   --> You can now repair the robots via the station (Still a float menu!)
   --> You can search for your robot from the station (New button)
- I've added the persona core to the trader.
   But it is not every time available and it is not cheap :)
- Small changes to Incidents

wwWraith

AIPersonaCore has <tradeability>Sellable</tradeability> in Core, so you probably need to remove it to make it buyable also?

<Operation Class="PatchOperationRemove">
<xpath>/Defs/ThingDef[defName = "AIPersonaCore"]/tradeability</xpath>
</Operation>

Also I think it'd be ok to add it to random quest rewards:

<Operation Class="PatchOperationAdd">
<xpath>/Defs/ThingDef[defName = "AIPersonaCore"]</xpath>
<value>
<itemGeneratorTags>
<li>SpecialReward</li>
</itemGeneratorTags>
</value>
</Operation>

Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Haplo

I've totally forgotten about these.
Thank you. I'll add it immediately :)

laokangz2

Hi  Haplo
as you know ,there is a mod called: robot++, add some more bots in this game ,now you robot mod updated. so is it also compatible this your?