[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Sure, everything that reduces my update time for her is always welcome ;D
Thank you very much  ;D ;D ;D

themadgunman

Well i should thank you for writing all this stuff in the first place, its easy for ppl like me to stand on the shoulders of giants :)

Btw, i worked out why you didnt define ConstructionStation as Building_Storage, if you do it makes pawns just fill it up with stuff like a giant shelf, but its not counting it as received towards construction.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xldq8q0y3h821ln/Textures.rar?dl=0 here are the renamed MAI textures as well btw

I got MAI working btw, apart from the annoying stuff with the constructor its actually really not bad, apart from some PawnGeneration fixes cuz of the new story/bodypart changes its pretty much all good to go.

Haplo

Thank you very much. This reduces my update time for MAI extremely ;D

In between I've finished my tinkering on Misc. Core: Colonist Keys
I'm interested in what everybodys thoughts about these changes are.. ( Hopefully not too hatefull? ) :)

rawrfisher

Themadgunman  have you finished a port of ++ for 1.0?
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

themadgunman

i did one for 1.0.1964 which i posted here https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8ar3djecgfvmku/RobotPlusPlus1.0.rar?dl=0, i havent bothered to check it with .1974+ though cuz its annoying to check all the Defs by hand and tbh i havent even updated my own devtesting environment yet cuz its just an endless cycle with them pumping out new releases all the time,im working on a new Mod which will have just one buildable robot which you will then configure according to what you want it to do, hopefully this will not only make it a lot cooler but easier to maintain as well (1 robot def instead of the 25+ it has currently)

rawrfisher

Initial check seems fine but will have to wait for the brutal slowdown and error spam generated by wildlife trying to sleep in an urban biome lol

Mod seems to work fine on latest. 
Also I noticed that robots gets messed with by what the hack.

so far everything seems fine aside from the omnibot breaking when it tries to feed colonists
Professional jerk

NeoSono

hey, been using the training stuff and your robots for a few days now and suddenly I get an error message when loading my savegame. the robots still haul and clean like always but I wonder what the message is about.
I have a few mods installed and if its not yours maybe you can tell me which one it might be. I just thought its the robots since it mentions hauling and cleaning bot.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Expresso

Quote from: NeoSono on July 30, 2018, 01:50:34 AM
hey, been using the training stuff and your robots for a few days now and suddenly I get an error message when loading my savegame. the robots still haul and clean like always but I wonder what the message is about.
I have a few mods installed and if its not yours maybe you can tell me which one it might be. I just thought its the robots since it mentions hauling and cleaning bot.

Вы случаем на v 1.0 не проапались?

NeoSono

I don't speak russian, assuming that is russian. problem still exists and I get one of those errors for every bot I have in my base. I also have one station in my base that says robot destroyed but I don't see it anywhere so i can't repair it...

rawrfisher

When you cant find the bot with the button you need to use god mode to restore it
Professional jerk

Haplo

I've also experienced the error. My current problem is that I have absolutely no idea why it comes.. :(
Still looking into it, but have close to no time this week..

themadgunman

its a Thingdef error caused by the fact they changed the MeleeAttackVerb syntax i believe, it only occurs after a bot has tried to melee an object so its was annoying to trap, in RPP i  changed Verb_MeleeAttack to Verb_MeleeAttackDamage and it seemed fine

ChJees

Happened for me too. Wonder if its a existing save causing that.

NeoSono

I don't really mind the error if it doesn't do any real harm which for me it hasn't. but nice to know what causes it at least, explains why it hasn't happened immediately.

Quote from: themadgunman on July 30, 2018, 04:56:48 PM
its a Thingdef error caused by the fact they changed the MeleeAttackVerb syntax i believe, it only occurs after a bot has tried to melee an object so its was annoying to trap, in RPP i  changed Verb_MeleeAttack to Verb_MeleeAttackDamage and it seemed fine

so if I change those for the 2 bots it should go away? going through the xml files I found 2 entries for the robots like that.

edit²: ok, seems to work. I changed both entries in AIRobot_Races.xml and now the error is gone.

rawrfisher

Quote from: themadgunman on July 30, 2018, 04:56:48 PM

I asked about this error a while back. 
Professional jerk