[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

That depends:
If you also have miscellaneous active, you need to research Tactical Computer.
If you doesn't have miscellaneous active, you won't find it, as it's not a part of Mai :)

Herc18

Yep that's definetley it! Gah howed I miss that!! >:) thanks!
What has been, will be again.

JaxxDeVulpen

So, just a suggestion to avoid colonists never completing any MAI; Perhaps make it like crafting itself where they have to craft the arms, legs, torso, head, etc before being able to assemble an actual MAI. Perhaps also allow for the creation of bionic parts as well. Sorry if this sounds dumb.

Commander Beanbag

May have found a bug: Tactical computer can force colonists who cannot eat (stomach/jaw destroyed) to eat.

Haplo

Thanks for the info. I'll have it fixed in the next release :)

And for the bionics ideas: I have dropped this idea for now, as I would need to build a bionic system applyable only for Mai. Maybe I'll do it someday, but not anytime soon. Sorry.

sorenson

Apologies if this has been covered in previous posts, but I wasn't able to find it by searching.

I'm trying to use the nano printer, but my colonists generally don't bother filling it up with metal reliably. They'll put some in and then just forget it exists, so I have to stop it and restart it, and then they'll put in more and forget again, etc. I end up having to babysit it, and usually just end up not using it because of that.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a way around this?

Thanks!

Haplo

Hmm normally it should automatically fill it up, until the required amount is received.
You will see that it is full, when something of the metal remains on it and has to be hauled back to an empty storage. It shouldn't half fill it, except when you have one of your metal storage set to critical.
But that doesn't explain, why it works shortly after restarting it.

It should work like this:
You start it
It scans the weapon/other stuff and defines the needed material
A storage field is created that accepts metal and silver (or is it only metal at the printer? )
It is filled, until one of it is full, then this one is deactivated and the other is filled up (if it needs 2)
It is full the storage is removed and the printing process starts
When it is done, you have a new weapon and the printer resets to start.

If it doesn't work like this, I need to look into it and try to find the problem..

Haplo

OK.. Then I really need to look into it.
And I need to address the stuff problem too, as I didn't even thought about that, when I updated to a7 :)
Thanks for bringing it up. I'll look into it as soon as I find my free time. I seem to have it misplaced somewhere..

sorenson

Quote from: Haplo on October 25, 2014, 04:06:02 AM
If it doesn't work like this, I need to look into it and try to find the problem..

Normally it starts to fill up and then hits a random number and stops. If I stop it and start it again, it'll usually continue to another random number and then stop. Sometimes it's a small change, like single digits, or tens, but I think I usually get about 85-120 metal per stop/start on average. Sometimes nothing, though.

I've tried things like disconnecting/reconnecting the power, saving/reloading the game, closing out and restarting, stopping all other colonist work, getting rid of all colonists except one, etc. I think it's been happening for me pretty much since the printer was added, so it's not anything specific to this release.

It's not a huge deal or anything, the only reason I posted was because I've been trying to print a gun that costs 3000 metal and it takes awhile :)

Wex

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Haplo

What do you mean? Which leftover brain?
Do you mean the BrainPal Implant?

Haplo

I think I've found the problem that it deactivated from time to time. And such a dumb problem too :(
Whenever you load, it deactivated the storage (an old safety to prevent errors). Unfortunatly I didn't integrated a check to see if the function was called while loading or while saving. Therefore right now it will always deactivate when you save your game (even when autosave is running)..
This and the stuff problem I've hopefully fixed in the 1.7.2a version. It isn't the next full number, as I'm still working on the new stuff.
Installation: Just overwrite the old version with the new one. Or only replace the Assembly/miscellaneous.dll.

Please try if these fix your problems or if there still is something I've not seen..

doujinftw

Cool mai i really like her but are there anyway to help fix her a raider shot one of her battery off but she got back up and pwn the noob ,in her thought section it have a text something about nanonite fixing but i dont see any different to her in the next few days.

Wex

Quote from: Haplo on October 25, 2014, 12:16:14 PM
What do you mean? Which leftover brain?
Do you mean the BrainPal Implant?
Yes that one. I have 5 brains sitting in my prothesis ward now. What can I do with them?
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

sorenson

Quote from: Haplo on October 25, 2014, 02:52:00 PM
Please try if these fix your problems or if there still is something I've not seen..

I grabbed the new Miscellaneous and replaced the files in my Miscellaneous w MAI folder (wasn't sure if I needed to replace MAI or not, but I figured not). Seems to be working perfectly now. Thanks!