[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefinn

Any difference between "activate Mobile AI" and "activate Enhanced AI" ?

Haplo

Yes, the first indication is the difference in resources.
The second is that the enhanced is just that, she is an enhanced version of the normal Mai with a whole bunch of upgrades :)
She absorbs a bit more damage, she learns faster, heals faster and better, ...

Goo Poni

For me, the only initial indication was that it arbitrarily took an AI core and after activation, she has a burning passion in all skills. I thought that was kinda meh compared to selling the core and using the silver gained to build several MAIs instead. Wasn't aware it enabled her to tank more damage or anything like that.

Haplo

Yeah, ok, I didn't really explained it somewhere. And you can only find it out, if you compare them directly..
Maybe I should update the main description a bit..

Iwillbenicetou

Woah, so many updates... When do you think is a good time to update everything and play a game without being interrupted by and update when I just defeated my first mechanoid.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Haplo

This time, if you update from 1.7.5, you can just overwrite the old version.
There are no savegame breaking changes :)

Wex

I always did that... Nothing ever happened.
Or wait... oh.
That's what happened.  :o
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

giannikampa

I've been playing this mod with no others.
It is beautiful, gratz on the modders.
I find the most useful the "go sleep/go eat" feature.
MAI is a great add, expecially because its not exactly like other colonist.
Also the working locking doors (well this in a single situation: sometime visitors go kill my prisoners so i set "key only" the prison's doors)
I had too much difficulty to understand how the visitors  beds work, had to discover how to do in this tread.

My suggestions:
More explainations for the features.
MAI could cost even more resources (is there a way to have it more and more expensive for each research for MAI you do? Either in Crafting ability of the colonist and in resources) 
Nanite Assembler could use some power.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Haplo

Hmm, some good suggestions there, thank you :)
And thanks for liking my mod and playing it in the style I do ;D
To your suggested descriptions: Do you mean ingame descriptions, or more detailed descriptions in the start post? I could try myself at the ingame tutor, but aren't too sure about it yet. The first post or something similar is much easier to do though :)
But I know that some things need a much more detailed description..
I'll work on it after the mod is updated.

giannikampa

Definitely ingame descriptions, maybe in the infobox of the objects. Consider that there are so many mods we read about on the forum but we don't care to know how they work until they are running in our own game and there we need help.

I forgot to mention how good are the wandering traders, great job sir! I just would them to last more before leaving. For reasons, you know.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

thefinn

Quote from: Haplo on November 23, 2014, 09:12:14 AM
There was a problem in 1.7.5 where the visitor bed didn't work anymore.
But the functionality is like when you use a comms console:
Select colonist, R-Click bed, select incapped visitor from menu.

Update 1.7.6:
-Fixed visitor bed problem
-Some changes to Mai's healing.
(Thanks to Pro_D for his help/input)

So glad I read this, I was kinda wondering how it worked myself ;)

Also though, MAI keeps getting sick and throwing up all over the place... not sure how that works ;)

Haplo

Update to alpha 8 is out.
Unfortunately Mai didn't made it for now.
She came down with a nano-flu and needs some more rest ;)

Haplo

How to add GroupSelection (KeyBinding) to an savegame where it isn't active
Note: This is also needed, when you want to use the BrainPals in such a savegame..

The Group Selection part can't be used from a savegame where the colony was started without Miscellaneous active.
To activate it later on you have to make a small change in the savegame file itself.
Here is what you need to do, if you want to use an old colony with the key shortcuts (6 to 9 for groups and 0 for release)

1. Go into the savegame folder and make a backup (!) of the savegame you want to manipulate.
You can easily go there by clicking on the open savegame folder button in the options from RimWorld.

2. Open your savegame file with an text editor.
I recommend something like Notepad++.

3. Search for the following:
<components

Most likely you'll find something like this:

</snowGrid>
<components />
<cameraMap>

4. Select yours: 4a OR 4b

4a. Replace this part:

<components />

with this part:

<components>
<li Class="ColonistSelections.MapComponent_ColonistSelections">
<CellsGroup6 IsNull="True" />
<PawnsGroup6 IsNull="True" />
<CellsGroup7 IsNull="True" />
<PawnsGroup7 IsNull="True" />
<CellsGroup8 IsNull="True" />
<PawnsGroup8 IsNull="True" />
<CellsGroup9 IsNull="True" />
<PawnsGroup9 IsNull="True" />
</li>
</components>

4b. If you have already some components active, you'll have something like this:

<components>
<li Class="Some-Other-Mod">
</li>
</components>

In this case add the following part after the last </li> and before the </components>

<li Class="ColonistSelections.MapComponent_ColonistSelections">
<CellsGroup6 IsNull="True" />
<PawnsGroup6 IsNull="True" />
<CellsGroup7 IsNull="True" />
<PawnsGroup7 IsNull="True" />
<CellsGroup8 IsNull="True" />
<PawnsGroup8 IsNull="True" />
<CellsGroup9 IsNull="True" />
<PawnsGroup9 IsNull="True" />
</li>

5. Save your savegame, start Rimworld, load your savegame, enjoy
    (If your savegame crashes, you have done something wrong. In this case restore your backed up copy and try again.)

To test if it's active, press the key 9 in game. If everything is working, a message should appear.

JonoRig

Hey, sorry if it's already been answered, but I cannot seem to install a brain pal in my colonists, I have bought it, but do not have the option to use it, is this an issue with alpha 8, or am I an idiot/need another mod?

Haplo

Do you have used an older savegame without Miscellaneous active at the start?
If so, then you need to add the GroupSelection steps to your savegame.
The recipes are added via a MapComponent, that isn't there, if you don't start a colony with Miscellanoeus active..
You can add it by using the steps described in How to add GroupSelection (KeyBinding) to an savegame where it isn't active

The part you're probably missing is this:

<li Class="Miscellaneous.MapComponent_AddRecipesToPawn" />

Sorry, I've missed that.