[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hector212121

Maybe make it so good bartering worsens relations when trading and you can only trade with a faction over 50 relations, up to one time a year? :o

LanMc

Quote from: Haplo on April 16, 2015, 03:36:53 PM
Ok, here is the first update to alpha 10.

I have made a few small changes:
-Door Key Jobs are removed (Reason: No more Door Keys)
-Locked Door is also removed (For some reason a door with this code isn't a valid door anymore, so.. out with the old..)
-I have changed the Traders so, that you can designate an area for them via Metal Plate flooring.
Designate an outdoor area for them with some metal plates flooring and if theres enough room, they try to place their tent there.
-The draining pump isn't researchable anymore. Now you can buy it from a trader if you need one.
-The WeaponBase uses another way to hold the weapons. So now the normalize problem should (hopefully) be fixed :)

As always, Mai will take a bit longer :)

You are the Boss!  Thank you bunches!  I can't wait to try out the latest version!!!

Lan
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

skullywag

im getting an error about the job driver go trading when right clicking on a trader tent.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Haplo

Can you give me the output_log, please?
I have tested it here, but I don't get an error...

Edit:
Ok, I got some out of bound errors.
I've updated the traders. And I've changed their search for Metal Tiles to Wooden Tiles. There just were too many metal tiles in old structures :)

hector212121

Yeah. I kinda use wooden planks for making sure my windmills don't get trees. It's easy, cheap, and quick.

ColdSkull1

Hey got a bug where my colonist disappears when I interact with the visiting traders. Any help?
See attachment for screenshot.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Haplo

Can you give me your output_log.txt file from your RimWorldxyz_data subfolder?
There the error should be shown in more detail.
Right now it looks like there is a problem with the jobdrivers report string..
I'll look into it.

Haplo

Update:
Hopefully this will fix the vanishing colonist bug.
They vanished when the trading post was placed on their position.
Hopefully it works better now. If there still are vanishing colonists, please let me know.
Thank you. :)

ColdSkull1

@ Haplo

See attached for the file. Thanks for the help

[attachment deleted due to age]

Haplo

@ColdSkull1:
Sorry, but you've started a new game after the error. The output_log.txt file will be newly created at every game start. I can only take a look into it, if you send me a file from shortly after the error without a restart of RimWorld. Just exit the game and make a copy of the output_log.txt file. Only then will the error still be in there. Sorry.

@Canute:
The first critical issue you have is this part:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.ThingIDMaker.GiveIDTo (Verse.Thing t) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Thing.PostMake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.PostMake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.CostCalculator.GetBaseThingCost (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuffDef) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase.CreateEquipmentEntry (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuffDef, Int32 type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase.AddThingDef (Verse.ThingDef def, Int32 type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase.BuildEquipmentLists () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully.get_Instance () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.ModController.OnLevelWasLoaded (Int32 level) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The part with the Trader:
Could not resolve reference to object with loadID TradingPost58874 of type Trader.Building_TradingPost. Was it compressed away, destroyed, had no ID number, or not saved/loaded right?
is rather harmless. It's a loading error of the tent building. But nothing serious. It could result in an error when you interact with it. Or it could do nothing dangerous at all.

More interesting is this line:
Tried to get pawn head at path Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Heads/Male/Male_Narrow_Normal with color RGBA(1.000, 0.937, 0.835, 1.000) that was not found. Defaulting...
This shows that RimWorld couldn't load the head graphics of your pawns. But this is extremely unusual, as they are part of the vanilla resources. My guess is, that it has something to do with the error from EdBs Prepare Carefully.. But as that looks like a problem calculating something, I'm not too sure. But it definitely has nothing to do with the Traders, as there is nothing in ther, that changes anything of a pawn..

The head graphic missing happened for all your people. And this might be the problem you couldn't load because this might be the result:
Exception drawing Jogger: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.PawnUtility.GetPosture (Verse.Pawn p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt (Vector3 drawLoc, BodyDrawType bodyDrawType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Sorry, but I couldn't find anything that could be caused by Miscellaneous.
The trader tent id, I don't know, but it looks more like something was misconfigured at savetime. It may have been a problem from the early alpha 10 versions... I'm just not sure.

Chaplain

So is it wrong that every time I play around with MAI I start humming Mother Maiamai?

Kolljak

I cant seem to find the MAI is it not added yet? or updated?

Kolljak

Well someone said something about the mai's and i was asking wether it had been updated read the post. im not asking if its part of this pack.

Haplo

Mai isn't updated as of now. Because of the arrival of something small, my free time to code is nonexistent right now.
But as soon as I find a minute I'll continue to update her.
Sorry about that. ;D

harpo99999

Quote from: Haplo on April 26, 2015, 04:38:20 AM
Mai isn't updated as of now. Because of the arrival of something small, my free time to code is nonexistent right now.
But as soon as I find a minute I'll continue to update her.
Sorry about that. ;D
so you have managed to get  a variable SIZED mai, just how much work was it to get that?