[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simulacrum0

i just asking for a better way to control when i go on the mission, the way it is set up now has 2 flaws. first the first game i played with this mod a rumor came up as i was clicking to build and hit reject with no way to get it back. 2ed if i have to stop the team on there way off the map like i raid spawns in there path there's no way to restart it.

Ink.

Quote from: Haplo on June 15, 2015, 12:39:52 AM@Skissor:
Thats because of the MapComponent that handles the input. MapComponents are only added to a savegame when a new colony is started. If you want to add it to an older savegame you need to manipulate the savegame.

Howdy Haplo. I was wondering if you could give a quick tut or such on how to go about doing this. I'd like to get  my existing colony compatible with the key configs as it's been something I could definitely use.

n4ted4wg

Had a bit of a problem, a trader was coming toward my base with one lagging behind when a squirrel went mad and attacked the slowpoke.  They came back and killed it, but when they set up shop, I was unable to trade with them.  My pawn would stand in front of the tent for a few minutes, then go back to its regular duties.  This affected all subsequent traders and even ships contacted with the comms console.  The issue has persisted through reloading to a previous save, restarting the program, and reinstalling the mod.  The bug doesn't affect other save files.

Haplo

Quote from: n4ted4wg on June 24, 2015, 11:47:11 PM
Had a bit of a problem, a trader was coming toward my base with one lagging behind when a squirrel went mad and attacked the slowpoke.  They came back and killed it, but when they set up shop, I was unable to trade with them.  My pawn would stand in front of the tent for a few minutes, then go back to its regular duties.  This affected all subsequent traders and even ships contacted with the comms console.  The issue has persisted through reloading to a previous save, restarting the program, and reinstalling the mod.  The bug doesn't affect other save files.

Can you give me your output_log.txt file (Can be found in ../RimworldXYZ_data) from after the error appeared, please? I'm not sure, what could have happened to make this kind of game crash...  :-\

Quote from: Ink. on June 21, 2015, 11:32:15 PM
Howdy Haplo. I was wondering if you could give a quick tut or such on how to go about doing this. I'd like to get  my existing colony compatible with the key configs as it's been something I could definitely use.

Ah, sorry, I've forgotten to do that.. I'll add the description the next time I'm back at my computer. :-[ 

Edit: So here is the description:
-Open your Savegame with an text editor (like Notepad++)
-Search for <components
-Replace the components part with this:

<components>
<li Class="ColonistSelections.MapComponent_ColonistSelections">
<CellsGroup1 />
<PawnsGroup1 />
<CellsGroup2 />
<PawnsGroup2 />
<CellsGroup3 />
<PawnsGroup3 />
<CellsGroup4 />
<PawnsGroup4 />
</li>
<li Class="Incidents.MapComponent_ColonistsOutsideMap_RumorOfRuins">
<ExitMapCell>(0, 0, 0)</ExitMapCell>
<PawnsOutOfMap>
<maxStacks>99999</maxStacks>
<contents />
</PawnsOutOfMap>
</li>
<li Class="TacticalComputer.MapComponent_ColonistsOutsideMap_Anomaly">
<PawnsAtAnomaly>
<maxStacks>99999</maxStacks>
<contents />
</PawnsAtAnomaly>
<returnTicksAnomaly>12345</returnTicksAnomaly>
</li>
</components>

LanMc

So happy to have MIA back!!!  Thanks Haplo!!! 
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

Haplo

And here is a small update:
- The trader doesn't spawn a trade beacon anymore
- The trader shouldn't have anymore slowpokes in their team
  (At least no snails anymore :) )
-The robots can now recalled to their station, where they remain until you restart them
-Various small bugfixes

hector212121

What bonuses precisely do the manual turrets have? Are they more accurate or something?

Haplo

They can be built by colonists, they have twice the health points and can also be built by stuff.
They do have some better stats than the automatic ones. But I don't know them right now.

hector212121

Haplo

They aren't targeted and can use the turret to shoot out of relative safety. The Turret doesn't explode, so they also aren't in danger of the explosion.

Uglyr

Hi! Rumors of ruins is a great feature but it's a bit unclear what does colonist selection affects. I think I had it twice and it was worth it to send colonist, but having him missing for several days was troublesome. So does it worth it to send more than one colonist and do his attributes/gear affects the result?

Haplo

The count of colonists and the weapons they carry can result in a different outcome, yes.
But I won't tell you what influence they have.. 8)

Kyos

Hi, I love your new rumor events. It adds a bit more mystery to the rimworlds, as well as risks and rewards. - Though I wondered if you were planning on adding more rumour events in this line? Like, haunted valleys, old tribal burial sites, space ship crash sites, with their own dangers and loot tables? ... Sorry I am a huge fan of King of Dragon Pass.

nmid

I think the rumor event is pretty cool.
However, I got it on Day 4 and sending out a team for 6 days is too much.
I keep clicking prepare 1st.. wonder how long I can stretch that out :p

Perhaps the duration of the trip should be a fixed number (rand 1-6) & 10% of the colony days... and then select the lower of the two.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Haplo

Thanks for giving me a review of the rumors and that you like it ;D
Most likely I'll add more incidents, but when I will find the time for it, that I don't know.. unfortunately.
And that the rumor appears on your day four is unfortunate. But you can always just ignore it. If you aren't too unlucky you'll get a second chance later in the game :)

Has anyone ever gotten the Railgun treasure?