[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killer117

Can somone pls tell me what u mean in the computer terminal description where u say "play alone or with friends". U never explained and i want to know what it is
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

DigitalProeliator

As a question just how rare is the Tac computer suppose to be? Im on my 4th year in on a map and I have yet to see a single one being sold by a trader... I the only other mod that I have installed that could potentially effect traders that I know of is Superior Crafting and even that is before it on the load order.

Haplo

For it to stay compatible with vanilla, I had to use one of the tags of the exotic trader. Unfortunately now the Tactical Computer is one of a dozen possibilities for the trader to select from. This results in it being rather rare. Some mod packs have modified the exotic trader itself so that it isn't that rare.
If you have MAI active, there I have the robotic trader. This trader has a much higher chance of holding a TC..

skyarkhangel

Haplo, can you make a special orbital trade beacon (trade tent) for trading only with merchants in the start of the game?

Haplo

Not easily, because I use the standard trader interface code, but it is doable, yes.
But not in alpha 11.  ;)

zenfur

Hey, cool stuff!

I miss one thing: "Continuous work" mode for nano printers!
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

Haplo

Here is the first update to alpha 12.

Unfortunately I had to remove the Turret Base. For now it is not repairable, so I needed to remove it.
MAI is not yet ready, so it is (as always) Miscellaneous w/o MAI for now :)

Everything else should work normally.
If you find some problems, please let me know.

shiroe

I just have to say great work! I love the mod!

How is the MAI mod going? I never even used MAI before but I love the little robots :)

bazalisk

but i have a question about what i hope is something in your mod, not sure.

Did you add an Event which takes colony members off to save someones sister from slavers at all?

i've been trying to narrow down which mod its from.

if so, when do i get my colonists back, its been like 3 months in game and still no sign of them returning, their beds still have names on them but the work list no longer shows their names at all. Have they been removed from the game ?:s

anyways, love your mod, hope this is one of your features.

Haplo

They should return after 3 to 9 days. If they didn't something went wrong.
Can you post your savegame, so that I can take a look, please?
Zip or 7z it and hopefully it is small enough for an attachment. Else you can use something like puu.sh..

bazalisk

i would but i scrapped it :(

just got another one about a rumoured treasure hunt,

will press wait 6hrs then save it and then head out.

it says about 7 days at the mission screen so i will tell you how it goes.

---------

so i followed the quest off screen.   this time it did indeed return my colony folk back to me :D

guess something goes screwy if you save and load the game whilst chaps are off questing.   will have to remember not to reload any game whilst they are away.  :D   

love the missions btw

Ithildae

I don't understand nano storage...

It has three modes, none, dispense and receive.

If I have it in "none" mode, will it then both receive and dispense? Can colonists receive items that are not on the top? Do items degrade normally? (like food in a hot room).

PickleSurprise

Quote from: Ithildae on August 29, 2015, 10:46:06 AM
I don't understand nano storage...

It has three modes, none, dispense and receive.

If I have it in "none" mode, will it then both receive and dispense? Can colonists receive items that are not on the top? Do items degrade normally? (like food in a hot room).

If set to the non interactive one, nothing will happen. At least the item won't be pulled in nor will it dispense an item. It will just be a small stockpile zone and the item should degrade like normal while it's on top. Colonists should use any item on top of the storage unit.

WHiZ

Groups no longer work in the vanilla as of this version... Any plans to re-implement it?

Loki88

Is it possible to get a bots only stand alone from MAI? Or is their code intertwined pretty heavily with the MAI code? I do like MAI but she's very expensive ( I get that it's a balance thing ) The little hauler / cleaner bots have become almost indispensable to me though! I miss them so with the A12 update!

Cheers Haplo, and keep up the amazing work!