[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Quote from: monksu on February 08, 2015, 04:51:57 PM
I just started playing with Epyk Pack after with only few mods. I didn't know why my drafted pawns standing and aiming at the enemy got undrafted on pause and they started doing harvesting and hauling in the middle of the attack. Then I found out that key 0 did that. Well, I've mapped pause to Numpad0 so me hitting Numpad0 instead of spacebar (also acting as a pause) got my pawns undrafted and killed! :D

I also have speeds 1 to 3 mapped to numpad1-3 because it's a handy way to control game speed. It seems like I have to unmap my numpad keys not to use them accidentally. ;)

OK.. I think I'll remove the numpad from the key list next build. I didn't thought someone redirected the speed buttons there :)

Quote from: Kriyppler on February 08, 2015, 10:14:20 PM
Can I not store medical supplies in the nano storage? my colonists don't seem to want to store medical supplies in it.
I'm not sure right now to be honest. I need to look into it. Is it available in the storage tab?

Kriyppler

Quote from: Haplo on February 09, 2015, 01:05:23 AM
Quote from: Kriyppler on February 08, 2015, 10:14:20 PM
Can I not store medical supplies in the nano storage? my colonists don't seem to want to store medical supplies in it.
I'm not sure right now to be honest. I need to look into it. Is it available in the storage tab?
Sorry, I'm a moron lol. I had my stockpile with the medicine set to important for some reason, whereas my nano storage was only normal. Hahaha

monksu

Quote from: Haplo on February 09, 2015, 01:05:23 AM
OK.. I think I'll remove the numpad from the key list next build. I didn't thought someone redirected the speed buttons there :)

Thanks but no need to do that just for me because I already removed my numpad speed keys. :) I just wanted to report that 0 means both alpha0 and numpad0 in this case if someone else comes across this.

It would be excellent if keybindings in mods could be adjusted via game key settings where conflicting keys would be seen. :)

MrWashingToad

Was getting a weird issue with the MAI table earlier. Was using the Epyk pack 1.11r + icesheet 1.02 + prison improvement mod, so not sure if that caused it, however I couldn't force a pawn to bring materials to the tables if I had materials in a stockpile. If they were carrying from ground (non stockpile area), then they'd run over and load it into the table If I deleted a zone, then they'd haul to table as well. Possibly this was just a priority issue - I think I was running critical preference on the zones. Also, I couldn't make multiple MAI's if I had an unactivated one. I was hoping I could make multiple MAI's and then haul them to a charging station, and wait until I got the AI cores to activate them, but it seemed to just take my materials and spawn the same MAI on the ground. I'm thinking (and I'm no coder) that it doesn't check to see if there is an unactivated MAI and just takes materials and respawns the same one. If so, and won't be changed to be able to spawn new ones until 1 is activated, can there be  a note in the MAI table description saying "1 unactivated MAI at a time" or something?
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

Haplo

The first one really is an priority issue. The assembler uses also a stockpile with critical settings. So if you have your stockpiles set to critical then you'll never get the resources into the assembler.
I'll recode the assembler to use real jobs, but when, that is another question :)

For the second, I'll look what I can do. Maybe I'll just forbid the start as long as a Mai is at the output or something like that..
Mai itself isn't haulable right now, as it's a kind of workbench. I didn't make the upgrade to a statue like variant yet :)

Epyk

Want go give a heads up with the tent traders.
Come next update beacons will automatically plop a stockpile when placed.
The stockpile stays when they leave, this already happens with JuliaEllie's Better Beacon mod.
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Haplo

The trader only set their trade beacon, if there isn't another one around. Once you've set your own trade beacon, the traders won't build their own.

Epyk

Quote from: Haplo on February 15, 2015, 10:24:44 AM
The trader only set their trade beacon, if there isn't another one around. Once you've set your own trade beacon, the traders won't build their own.
Thanks!
Was wondering why stockpiles were randomly appearing around my base and just like me, single out the obvious answer.
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

jvoelkening

With the nano replicator, is there anyway to alter the way you calculate the cost to produce items? One of the items from the Glittertech mod costs about 3000 steel to reproduce which is kind of ridiculous although kind of funny! I would try and do it myself but I'm not sure how to edit dll files and my experience with C# is lacking!

Haplo

And a new update is out: Update to Alpha 9d.
I've done the following changes:
-Colonist Selection Keys now use the Keybinding of RimWorld
-Removed the Visitor Bed because it's no longer needed

ToDo:
-Update of MAI
She isn't ready yet. But I'm working on it.

Cryonist

Another great mod to have updated, thanks!
Mai hope you get better soon so you can come live in alpha 9!

Rock5

Um... is it just me or did Haplo sneak in Miscellaneous Animals without any explanations?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Haplo

Nope, no sneaking. It was already in the alpha 8 version as an option here :)
But here it is only for a few animals :)
If you want to know what it does,... It isn't hard to figure out. But I'm not saying :P

Asfalto

I don't recall if i did (or somebody else) notice this: traders, in last version, didn't "forget" your removed home regions. Meaning they planted tents where i removed home regions, maybe far away from my actual base (this influenced some of the mortar shots of besieging paties)

Haplo

Right now the traders don't look out for your home zone. Rather they search for a random building of yours and try to find a suitable tent spot nearby. If you have some claimed walls somewhere, then that also counts as a valid building and they'll build up the tent there. And you have to walk up to them. :)