[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yas

Hey Haplo,

thanks for keeping up the work. Just wonder why u disabled the door thingy? When I remember right it was used to lock a door for all, or all but colonist. So it was possbile to lock doors for guests cause u dont want guests everywhere (e.g. at ur meal-depot).

And that function still not in vanilla (or did I missed something at A9?), so I wonder if u would consider re-activating it, or maybe give me a hint how I can do that my own?

Rathael

I'm not getting any traders or visitors at all. The dev log pops open with a message like "7.4d: VisitorGroup      (points=165 )" but no visitors at all.

Haplo

The answer to both: I don't know  ???

As you can see, I have both available.
The visitors appear normally without any error and the doors also have their lockable feature.
I'm not sure if I let the doors stay always active, but for now, newly build doors should have the functionality.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Rathael

After updating some other mods the trader problem went away *shrug*. Guess it wasn't your fault after all! ;)

Yas

Quote from: Haplo on February 22, 2015, 07:21:44 AM
I'm not sure if I let the doors stay always active, but for now, newly build doors should have the functionality.

It is a great feature. So, pls, let it active (until its vanilla maybe)

jabbamonkey

You have alot of different features in this single mod ... can you break them up into parts?

I'm a huge fan of some elements, but not a fan of others. I'd like to disable MAI and the nano storage/replication, but still want to use the trader, locked doors and tactical computer.

Dragoon

Quote from: jabbamonkey on February 22, 2015, 02:46:08 PM
You have alot of different features in this single mod ... can you break them up into parts?

I'm a huge fan of some elements, but not a fan of others. I'd like to disable MAI and the nano storage/replication, but still want to use the trader, locked doors and tactical computer.

but all you have to do is not research them  :-[....
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Haplo

The reason I have one mod is, that it is much easier for me to handle.
Because of that I most likely won't provide 10 part mods where I can provide one or two instead.
But I'll maybe change the structure a bit to make it easier for you to delete the parts you don't want to have.
Or I'll provide a reduced variant. But what should be inside the reduced one? Who knows.. We'll see.

TracerFox

Quote from: Haplo on February 22, 2015, 03:43:40 PM
The reason I have one mod is, that it is much easier for me to handle.
Because of that I most likely won't provide 10 part mods where I can provide one or two instead.
But I'll maybe change the structure a bit to make it easier for you to delete the parts you don't want to have.
Or I'll provide a reduced variant. But what should be inside the reduced one? Who knows.. We'll see.
If you do end up making a 'lite' version, I would suggest just the trader and artefact incidents, as well as door locks as the Lite features.  Possibly the modular turrets, but that one's debatable.

Incidentally... What would I need to do/change to get a weapon from another mod (Stun Gun from the Non-Lethal's mod) to show up as an option for the modular turret base?

Rock5

The things I'd like to see separate are the things you can't avoid. Most of the features you can just not use if you don't want to but the event stuff, such as the traders and artifacts, is forced on you. Although I'd also be happy if they were just easy to remove, for instance if they were in a separate folder that you can just delete.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Dragoon

Quote from: Rock5 on February 22, 2015, 06:42:51 PM
the event stuff, such as the traders and artifacts, is forced on you.

That seems like a bunch of work not needed just don't interact the artifacts and ignore the traders.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

frenchiveruti

I have an idea for MAI!
As the colonist now drink stuff, MAI should drink something too:
What about... oil!
You have to create some nice oil from a new plant or something, and MAI drinks it so it can keep functional.
Will add a little challenge yes....

Yas

Quote from: Haplo on February 22, 2015, 03:43:40 PM

Im always a fan of flexible moduls :). In my opinion enhanced defence has a real good concept, you download the whole bundle and just activate those you want (or delete stuff you cant use).

For me as user, thats quite the best option. Guess its a lot of work for you as modder though.

So I say: Im thankful for your mods anyways. If there will be a lite version that suits me I will use that too. If u can manage to make it modular and I can activate only those I like (or delte folders I dont need) it would be really highly appreciated.

Cryonist

Hi Haplo i'm looking forward to MAI any ETA yet? Thanks!

Haplo

MAI is a bit hard. I have to figure some things out and also don't have too much time to work on it.
So I'll stay in line with the alpha release date infos: Soon(TM) ;)