[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cryonist

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to have her complement my colony :D.

Facepunch

shhfiftyfive

dang it. forum went down as i posted a long explanation of an issue.

there's an issue with the control groups.

you know how pawns will often get dazed, and you often also need to arrest them for their own good so they don't starve or die of exhaustion...

well if one of these dazed or prisoner pawns are part of your previously saved control group for drafting... and you draft the group... these pawns will get queued up to be drafted.

though they are unable to be drafted. they will behave as normal dazed colonists and prisoners. until they revert back to a normal functioning colonist. that is the moment they will revert to a drafted state.

is there a way you can retain the memory of them being in the control group, without forcing them into this delayed draft state? we risk having to keep an eye out for when they return to full colonist mode, so they don't stay drafted and again begin to starve or die of exhaustion.. and crack again.. a nasty cycle.

Agent32

Black marker treader don't sell and don't buy anything.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Haplo

That's strange. It never occured for me. Is that a one time phenomena or is it always this empty?

Quote from: shhfiftyfive on February 25, 2015, 06:21:02 PM
Thanks for the Info. I'll have that fixed in the next version :)

Agent32

Quote from: Haplo on February 28, 2015, 04:44:37 PM
That's strange. It never occured for me. Is that a one time phenomena or is it always this empty?
Always. Maybe conflict with some mod. I cant test it now, need start new game without mods.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Haplo

That is a whole bunch of mods :)
I honestly don't know what could do this to your traders.
Most likely your trade ships are also empty, correct?

Haplo

Update:
-Mai is finally back and just waits for you to call her :)
-The problem of the selecting of imprisoned colonists / broken colonists is fixed
-Thanks to Latta there is a korean translation of Miscellaneous available. A big thank you from me ;D

-Added a vanilla friendly version with only a few parts of the full Miscellaneous Mod active.

Agent32

Quote from: Haplo on February 28, 2015, 05:59:09 PM
That is a whole bunch of mods :)
I honestly don't know what could do this to your traders.
Most likely your trade ships are also empty, correct?
Yes. But only 'black market'

Haplo

Hmm, sorry but I don't understand what you mean with the black market reference. Neither the vanilla game nor my mod have a black market. At least as far as I know.
If it's a special trader we would need to find out from which mod that is and maybe address it there..
Mm found it: Glitter tech adds a black market trader. Maybe you can ask there if a problem with the trader is known.

Agent32

Haplo

Hmm, it seems that I didn't aknowledge the new quality system.
Sorry about that, I'll look into it..

Hmm, question: How did you accomplish this? I've tried, but my results are always a 100% part...

shhfiftyfive

not sure if i can repeat this, but the nano printer/scanner has on 2 different games caused my pawns pathing to break and turn my game into a sluggish mess.

like after i finally build the printer and scanner, the pawns who are hauling things as they normally do, they will get stuck in place and wig out trying to decide what to haul next. like they will for a split second try to latch onto a new hauling job, but then it will cancel. and that will repeat.

i'm not sure the deal. my guess is maybe something with having a stockpile on the ground in front of the printer (where a normal pawn would work at a workbench sorta thing). if so you should edit the mod so stockpiles and such can't be placed in front of it.

what i witnessed.... so if a bunch of haulers are all trying to take on a job to haul a shirt to the available stockpile spot in front of the printer.. they all wig out. you can see the white dot on the floor appear and disappear (that destination dot you get to let you know where a pawn is headed).

i deleted the printer. i guess i could have deleted the stockpile spot in front of it to see if that fixed it but i didn't.

Haplo

Sorry, but that is something I can't really understand:
The Printer doesn't use a storage field. None at all. The Scanner uses a Storage field directly on itself. That's just a disguised Hopper. :)
Or do you mean the NanoStorage? That uses a storage field on itself that's switched on and off depending if it's receiving or dispensing.

Haplo

And now to something completly different:
A question for all: What do you think about the new Miscellaneous - Vanilla Enhanced?

My goal was to provide a Miscellaneous variant that can be used with the vanilla game. A mod that only enhances the gameplay, but doesn't change the base experience of it.
Any thoughts about it?