[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Update:
-MAI got some bugfixes, especially the sedate should now work correctly
-The NanoStorage functionality is enhanced. Now you can use it like a chest, as it has now three modes: Receiving, Off, Dispensing.
-A new building that everybody knows: The fertilizer pump is back BUT now it is just a simple draining pump. It drains marsh to mud and mud to marshy soil. Nothing more. :P I'm thinking about adding a fourth step: soil, but for now it has only these three steps.

My other project is on hold because of a problem in the vanilla code. So you'll most likely see it in alpha 10 at the earliest.. :-X

prongssage

Having an issue where the traders no longer carry  beacon with them so when you trade with them you lose the silver or items and gain nothing in return.

Haplo

The traders don't place their own beacon, when you have your own. If you do not have one outside, the drop behaves as in the vanilla game: The goods are dropped somewhere randomly inside your base where it's roofless.

Dragoon

How do we obtain brain pals is there a way to make them or are they buy only? If can craft them please don't make them need an ai those are rare (most of the time) and expensive like 6000.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Haplo

I've made it so that it is only buyable. There is no worktable to build them (as far as I know), as I'm of the Impression that the building of something this complex may be too much for a small and newly built colony.
So, it should only be obtainable by buying it from a trader. :)

hector212121

Just...Wow. The Bionic Brainpal? SO OP.

Like. I have someone with a leg, arm, eye, and Brainpal with 20 growing. They move and sow superfast.

LanMc

I just wanted to drop by and say thank you for this awesome mod!  I love MAI!  Yeah, even if she does drink a lot of beer... heh.  But what I really, really love is the Traders addition.  What a great idea!!!

I find myself smiling every time a trader and their party shows up.  It adds a lot of fun for me.

One thing I would love more than anything - if we could have the ability to create a Trader's or Visitor's area - have it be a zone where we can put a building for them to stay in or a place for them to park their tents?  I always feel badly when I check out the wandering traders and their party members only to notice how they had to eat off the ground or that it is dark and they are cold.  I want to give them a room, (warm or cool depending on the season), maybe some beds, definitely a table to eat at and maybe some beer...?  (If I can spare it... what with my poor desperate colonists and their many, many issues oh-so-quick to guzzle it up...)

If it is at all possible?  I am willing to help but I am not a modder.  Great tester though!!!

Again, what an awesome collection of mods!  Love love love them wouldn't wanna play without them!

Thanks!!!
Lan
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

rditto48801

I am guessing MAIs drinking beer is either a minor goof, or a nod to Futurama, or a goof that will be passed off as a nod to Futurama, or a nod to futurama as an excuse to not fix a goof... or something like that...

Now, if only MAIs had a kick butt energy cannon built into their arm like a certain other robot they resemble...
Maybe as an upgrade... maybe also upgrades for stuff like speed boost... or claws for added close combat capability... or a short range flamethrower if the beer drinking is a purposeful nod to Futurama... maybe upgrades that can only be given to an MAI by another MAI... (maybe sleep deprivation and forum posting don't mix well...)

I second liking the idea of having someplace for visitors.
Or at the very least, being able to place one or more 'lots' for the traders to setup tents at. It's a tiny bit annoying when they want to setup shop in my wind farm. Or when I get distracted and later get a message they are leaving and wondering where they heck they had setup shop at in the first place (like setting up shop at the far end of my wind farm, 2 screens worth away from my base...)

The Nano Printer made me about cry once. Found an awesome weapon, went to duplicate it... yeah, well in excess of 2k steel needed.
How does it calculate how much steel it takes to replicate something? Can I have an Enhanced MAI hack it System Shock 2 style for cheaper prices? You know, in case the Nano Printer is possessed by a virtual Plutocrat or something like that... :P
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

Rock5

You could call it a market place. So you designate the market area and the traders go to the market to trade. Very logical. Then if you want to make it comfy for them, you can put the market area in a room, heat/cool it, put some furniture in there, etc. You would probably have to designate the area where they can set up their tent. Actually with the idea of a market place I envision the traders settings up a stall instead of a tent. Maybe make it so they set up a stall instead of a tent if there is a market place. Otherwise they use their tent outside as  usual.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Latta

I noticed these:
When you install any gun to any weapon base, it will become normal even if it was awful. Or legendary if you prefer. I guess you already know this?
Also, it seems that turret bases' HitReport is not displaying: Neither to hit nor being hit. Vanilla turret do display this.

Haplo

Thank you for the suggestions and bugs.
I'm not sure right now, but I'll see what can be done about it.
Right now I'm a bit occupied, but when that's done we'll see :)

rditto48801

I've run into an interesting with the Automatic AI Assembler now that I finally got one in my latest colony.
It appears to have a problem with stuffed floors from ItchyFlea's "Floors, Get Stuffed!" mod.

First, it stating the area is blocked when nothing in there. It seems to consider stuffed floors in front of it to be in the way.

Second, colonists would load it with silver, but not steel, while there was stuffed floors under the AI Assembler. Before they would take steel to it, I had to clear stuffed floors from under the front half of it, except where silver goes, since deconstructing that spot also set the Assembler to deconstruct.

Edit:
Two questions
Do Enhanced MAIs lack the social skill and warden ability, or is it only the standard MAI that lacks them?
What gun is that on the automated weapon base in the image showing the MAI production chain and weapon bases? (and where does one find it?)
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

hector212121

Add the ability to, uh... Craft... door keys. I'm running into issues with my colonists losing theirs.

Haplo

Quote from: rditto48801 on March 28, 2015, 01:20:53 PM
Two questions
Do Enhanced MAIs lack the social skill and warden ability, or is it only the standard MAI that lacks them?
What gun is that on the automated weapon base in the image showing the MAI production chain and weapon bases? (and where does one find it?)

Both MAIs don't have any social skills. They are robots, why should they care about social stuff? ;)
That is the image you get, when your weapon is one of the more expensive weapons. Ok, right now there is a problem there, so that you nearly always get this and not the smaller ones, but that will be fixed in the next release.

Quote from: hector212121 on March 28, 2015, 03:54:07 PM
Add the ability to, uh... Craft... door keys. I'm running into issues with my colonists losing theirs.

I still don't know what's causing this issue.. But you can reassign them new keys at the tactical computer.

test_account

Quote from: Haplo on March 28, 2015, 07:06:51 PM
Quote from: hector212121 on March 28, 2015, 03:54:07 PM

I still don't know what's causing this issue.. But you can reassign them new keys at the tactical computer.
One reason is that they decay.
The other instance where I've found them to disappear is if a colonist requires rescue. I don't know if it's rescuing or being in shock that causes the key to disappear, though. I'm starting a new colony later tonight, which means plenty of people getting caught in melee range with no defenses, so I'll check next time it happens.