[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rditto48801

Quote from: hector212121 on March 30, 2015, 04:39:38 PM
Perhaps add a AI Pawn Reactivating station? So if one of your MAIs die, you can salvage them into, well, another AI pawn, maybe for just gold or the plasteel?

That sounds like a nifty idea, except for one slight problem.
From the OP
QuoteCaution: Once her damage is too high or even when her batteries are empty, she will initiate her emergency self destruction program. Try not to be anywhere nearby when she does that..

Didn't your MAI self destruct/explode?

Quote from: Haplo on March 30, 2015, 03:47:44 PM
The beaten to death MAI could be just that she died there. I use a special command to make Mai unconscious when the sleep level is too low. It may have been that what brought you the beaten to death message, but it should normally not happen inside the recharge station. Hmm, only when she received some kind of damage that killed her..

Could it be due to the Recharge Station in question being set as a Medical Bed and not a Personal Bed?
Does the 'knock out' thing cause damage in any way?
Can MAI self repair in a Recharge Station/Medical Bed if 'knocked out'? Or would being knocked out disable self repair and cause a chance to die from a bleeding type injury?

Edit:
One question that popped into mind, due to trying to make a space efficient 'recharge room' for several MAIs.
Can a Nanite Assembler work with multiple adjacent Recharge Stations, or does each Recharge Station need its own Nanite Assembler?
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

Haplo

You can use one assembler for multiple beds. That works just fine.

For Mai leaving a body: that does happen sometimes. I'm working on reducing the occurrence, but I'm unsure if I'll ever fix it for all possibilities.. :(

mrofa

I was just wondering can Mai Ai can have a hangover ?
All i do is clutter all around.

Haplo

To be honest, I'm not sure, maybe? Maybe not?
Don't know if it isn't disabled because of her being not made of flesh..

rditto48801

My MAI presently has a caffeine buzz, from coffee that is from one of the mods I use (I think Finer Things).
She has a thought of Sick, -5.
Under Health/injuries, "Whole Body            Caffeine (wired)"
Due to that, Consciousness is 115%, Movement is 120%.
It's kind of amusing, to say the least.

Edit:
Well then...
Of my two MAIs, I was checking them and saw that Mai_Beta has Caffeine (Jacked up), and the previous one, Mai_Alpha, now has Hangover (pounding)
So, yeah... they can get drunk and hungover...

Edit 2:
Bug report.
The 'knock out MAI if very low energy' thing can cause major damage to an MAI.

One of my MAI severely injured without warning. She was off in some 'dead end' corner of my colony (literally, game AI having bad pahtfinding involving building walls...), when I got a 'colonist needs rescue' alert. I found an MAI with major damage, nothing is around, on account of being 'walled in'. When I checked the health tab, I was a bit shocked.
Whole Body: Anesthetic. (understandable, considering the 'knock out' thing)
Right Arm: Crack
Left Leg: Gunshot

It would seem the 'knock out' thing is capable of crippling an MAI with severe damage.

If that other 'beaten to death' MAI reported before was in a recharge station set as a medical bed, during the day, she wouldn't recharge (sleep), and could run low on energy, and if already injured, taking multiple severe injuries to already badly damaged parts could explain the 'beaten to death' part.
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

LustrousWolf

Haplo

The cobra and some other animals aren't as friendly if you get too close as they are in vanilla :)

rditto48801

Holy crud...
That 'knock out' effect is trigger happy as heck at times.

My latest MAI 'knock out' effect experience shocked me during a battle with mechanoids, while said MAI in question was with a small group providing sniper support for the main defensive line.
No shots were fired at the group, and there was no friendly fire, and no damage from the battle in general aside from already healed burns from a stray incendiary shot when trying to ambush a Centipede in rocky terrain early on.
Yet down the MAI went, and a quick check showed energy was about empty.

Counting her new injuries, there were 19 of them (which have no damage sources listed). 3 gunshot, and 16 cracks (mostly orange, with a few red and yellow), basically spread out everywhere.

After a sedate and rescue and getting her to her assigned recharge station, an undrafted doctor at the end of the battle ran off to tend to her with an estimated 10+ Glitterworld Medicine, since they are getting 100% heal chances due to the Glitterworld Medicine, it means 9 of the 'poorly set' injuries were likely from the MAI self repairing before the doctor was available.
The adjacent Nanite Assembler had 75 Plasteel, which was originally forbidden since my colonists sometimes prefer swiping plasteeel from there rather than the main stockpile for construction/crafting, and no plasteel was used at all during this time.
Even with being told to rest and heal in a Recharge Station set as a medical bed, with an adjacent Nanite Assembler with (unforbidden) plasteel (none of which was used), it took a number days for the MAI to just recover from the injuries sustained, but it took a night or two of bed rest in a medical recharge station before any sort of 'accelerated healing' was noticed, and only while actually sleeping.

Isn't plasteel from the Nanite Assembler supposed to be used to help with MAI repairs?

It seems the game's idea of 'knock out' is 'randomly apply severe injuries until pawn is incapacitated'...

On a side note, I've noticed the MAI wounds are a sort of solid 'pink' color (like I have seen used as the background color for sprite sheets). Don't they have any sort of 'custom' wounds to take place of the 'bloody' wounds normal pawns get? Or is that a bug?

Edit: Small update.

Edit 2:
On a side note, the MAI/group in question were protected by an ED2 Fortress Shield, which also ruled out any off those injuries being caused by the mechanoids.

hector212121

Nanite Assembler rebuilds stuff...

Why not use Anesthetic to KO a Mai?

Haplo

Quote from: hector212121 on April 13, 2015, 08:43:24 PM
Why not use Anesthetic to KO a Mai?
I can't use Anesthetic because that is used as the only way to rescue Mai without explosion. And other illnesses will be automatically healed. So for now the game variant to down must be used. Maybe I'll think of something better...

For the Assembler: it is as Hector said: it is only used to repair lost body parts. Healing itself is used by the internal heal function. But you're right. I think I've disabled the self heal when in station, because the recharge station heals also..

rditto48801

Ah, so the Nanite Assembler doesn't address regular injuries, just missing limbs/organs?
That explains a lot.
Is it normal for doctors to run off to treat MAIs using medicine? Or just unavoidable due to how the game works?
Would it be possible for an MAI in a Recharge Station apply 'bandages' more quickly, and of good quality, so medicine is not wasted on them?

For disabling an MAI.
What about statuses related to tiredness? Or 'chemical' effects like Beer in the base game, and even stuff like Coffee from the Finer Things mod, which affect stats like movement?
Wouldn't that be an angle to work with?

Toss in inspiration from a bug where the game goofs and spawns a visiting pawn that has a peg leg and also has Frail and Bad Back, causing them to basically spawn and become incapacitated immediately due to having 0% movement., despite being otherwise uninjured

So how about spawning special status effects/debuffs on MAI that slap on a huge movement penalty to incapacitate MAI and alert to 'colonists needs rescue'?
For lack of better terms, going from the 'beat half to death until incapacitated' option the game has at present and go with a 'to drunk to stand' type option...

Or how about several levels of status effects just for MAI, based on how low energy is?
Basically MAI equivalents to Tired, Very Tired, and Exhausted (hopefully triggering an 'exhausted' type alert), with a secondary status to warn if MAI self destruct could be imminent (if exhausted and/or incapacitated).
Some with their own color change. Nothing for tired, the usual mild red tint when Very Tired, a brighter/deeper red when Exhausted, and when incapacitated, a dark gray color with solid blight red visor (with no 'eyes'), to give that extra 'this is not good' feel to things.

hector212121

Might I suggest Boosted Limbs in the Mai mod? Possibly with +40%(to reflect the lack of limits because of being alive) to their respective things? Including things like Overclocked CPUs and so on.

Haplo

Ok, here is the first update to alpha 10.

I have made a few small changes:
-Door Key Jobs are removed (Reason: No more Door Keys)
-Locked Door is also removed (For some reason a door with this code isn't a valid door anymore, so.. out with the old..)
-I have changed the Traders so, that you can designate an area for them via Metal Plate flooring.
Designate an outdoor area for them with some metal plates flooring and if theres enough room, they try to place their tent there.
-The draining pump isn't researchable anymore. Now you can buy it from a trader if you need one.
-The WeaponBase uses another way to hold the weapons. So now the normalize problem should (hopefully) be fixed :)

As always, Mai will take a bit longer :)

hector212121

How about the ability to request trades? :) Maybe at a worse rate?

Haplo

Nope, I would place that under slight cheating, so that isn't anything I'll add anytime soon. Sorry.