[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Haplo can I have permission to split out your faction traders for my OmniPack?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Haplo

Sure, as long as you credit it, I don't have any problems with it.
Don't forget to add mrofa too, as he made the tents.
But you could also use the vanilla enhanced version?

skullywag

Of course credits will be given, I hadnt even see the vanilla enhanced version....ill have a look.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

hector212121

If I attack a trading post, I get 40 free steel!

Seems legit.

Ninefinger

what does a brain pal do exactly, and how do i get one, do i have to wait for a trader to sell it, or can it be crafted?

Ninefinger

Quote from: Canute on May 01, 2015, 11:02:44 AM
Both brain pal enchance Sight and Manipulation.
But the only way to get them are to buy them from a trader or extract them from a Raider.
They are a bit better then the positronic brain from SC.

ok cool, thanks for the info!

Ninefinger

Small issue, when i try to force pawn to go eat with eitehr the console or using Shift E when they pick the food up this eeror pops up: Tried to do PickupIngestible toil with job.maxNumToCarry = -1

any help would be appreciated.

Haplo

Hmm, that Looks like something from the new alpha that I have missed.
Sorry, I'll correct it in the next release, but it will take a bit, because of a few things I'm working on (except Mai, that is..)

Ninefinger

Quote from: Haplo on May 05, 2015, 05:55:35 AM
Hmm, that Looks like something from the new alpha that I have missed.
Sorry, I'll correct it in the next release, but it will take a bit, because of a few things I'm working on (except Mai, that is..)

ok sounds good this also happens with colonist key bind groups as well Shift E just so your informed. Hope you can get it fixed soonish :D

Hammurapie

Quote from: Haplo on May 05, 2015, 05:55:35 AM
Can you give approximate date when MAI comes out? I didn't even bother playing alpha 10 'cause roleplaying desolate base with only robots around, so I'm checking this thread for updates everyday. Thx in advance.

Haplo

I'm sorry, but most likely it will take a while longer. So not this week.
But here is a teaser of what I'm adding for now... ;)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Hammurapie

That's nice, but honestly I just want the MAI part, every other mod I use is updated to a10 so I'm just killing time playing Dwarf Fortress and checking this thread periodically.

mrofa

Quote from: Canute on May 07, 2015, 12:54:06 PM
But don't tell us now, you will include the Stargate from the other Mod where you can send the Team to research the anomaly ! :-)

You spoiled all the mystery :P
All i do is clutter all around.

Haplo

So, finally I present to you Update 1.10.3!

This update took a while, but it has some cool new features :)
So, here is a short description of what I've done all this time:

Updated MAI
Updating MAI was one of the hardest parts I've done here.
Not because of the code I've written, but more for the figuring out how the new hediffs work.

Added Cleaningbot/Haulingbot
This is another part why MAI took so long. I've started in alpha 9 on the robots, but there the minified objects didn't work so good. Now you can buy yourself a cleaning bot or a hauling bot. If you don't want to do it yourself, you can also buy an inactive MAI which just needs to be finished up.

Added Robot Trader
This was a needed part to get you a way to buy robots. So here it is, the robotics trader. This is also where you can get an inactive MAI if you don't want to build one yourself. But note that it's still needed to research the options you want MAI to have except hauling before doing that!

Tactical Computer + Computer Terminal are now JoyGivers and Minifiable
The tactical computer and the computer terminal also got a few overhauls. It is now minifiable and you can't build it anymore. But if you happen to get an exotic trader, it may have one or two available.
They are also bot JoyGivers, which means, that your colonists will use them to get their joy increased. (What they'll do is for you to find out.)

Added Incident Anomaly
And this is the other part, what took so long. I've build a new incident. This is actually an idea mrofa had, that I've just implemented, so big thanks there :)
This one is a bit different from the normal incidents, as you need to send a few of your colonists on a mission which lasts a few days. But with a bit of luck you'll get something good out of it :)
Note: This incident will only fire, if you have a tactical computer built and powered up and this is the main reason, why you need to start a new colony.

WeaponBase
The weapon base is also something I've changed. Now you can only build the manable weapon base by yourself.
If you want to have the automatic version, it must be bought from exotic traders.
Both versions are now minifiable

Various BugFixes
And there where a few bugs reported. I hope I've addressed them all now.
Please tell me, if there's one I've missed.

For now I've not updated the Vanilla Enhanced version. I'm unsure what it should get, as the tactical computer is now both a joygiver and a needed object for the incident. Also the WeaponBase is overhauled, to it would fit the vanilla style better..
We'll see, we'll see...

CAUTION:
You need to make a clean installation! So delete the old Miscellaneous folder beforehand!
Also to get the anomaly incident you'll need to start a new colony!

[attachment deleted due to age]

Ninefinger

Awesome! Bugs are fixed perfectly, and i love the minified tactical computer. :)