[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LanMc

Showing the love  --  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I missed MAI terribly!!!  The cleaning bots sound awesome too!!!

Looking forward to the new incident anomaly too. 

Going to install this right freaking now!!!
Lan
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

Hammurapie

Quote from: LanMc on May 14, 2015, 09:28:48 AM
Showing the love  --  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I missed MAI terribly!!!  The cleaning bots sound awesome too!!!

Looking forward to the new incident anomaly too. 

Going to install this right freaking now!!!
Lan
+
Big thanks to everyone involved on this mod, couldn't roleplay without it.

Ninefinger

I was wondering about the MAI, can you build multiple MAI's or just the one, i was thinking about replacing the droids mod from MD2 with this mod however i am uncertain weather or not it will serve basically all the same purposes. Since it feels a little redundant to use both MD2 Droids and MAI together but maybe im wrong...?

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Ninefinger on May 14, 2015, 10:51:35 AM
I was wondering about the MAI, can you build multiple MAI's or just the one, i was thinking about replacing the droids mod from MD2 with this mod however i am uncertain weather or not it will serve basically all the same purposes. Since it feels a little redundant to use both MD2 Droids and MAI together but maybe im wrong...?

MD2 gives relatively cheap, single purpose droids, different than the fully functional MAI. I think you could certainly make use of both, it's only the matter of balancing them out. ^^

E.: Dayum, I almost forgot. YEAH! MAI'S BACK! Awesome! Thank you!

Ninefinger

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 14, 2015, 10:56:36 AM
MD2 gives relatively cheap, single purpose droids, different than the fully functional MAI. I think you could certainly make use of both, it's only the matter of balancing them out. ^^

E.: Dayum, I almost forgot. YEAH! MAI'S BACK! Awesome! Thank you!

Quote from: Canute on May 14, 2015, 11:22:36 AM
You can build so many MAI's you want, but to activate an advanced MAI you need the expensive AI core's. The simple MAI's just need some plasteel and gold.

IMO the ED2 droids are a bit overpowered, they are specialized yes but they start with skill 14.

Ok thanks for the info guys, one last question, can someone elaborate a bit more on "Note: Once Mai (3) has been awoken, she won't allow further access to her programming, so denying you the abillity to upgrade her. Because of this, you should research everything, that you want for her to know, before hand."

what research needs to be finished for her to be fully programmed?

LanMc

Quote from: Ninefinger on May 14, 2015, 11:38:59 AM

When researching MAI's you have to literally research every job you want MAI's to do.  So if I want mine to be able to craft and cook, then I have to research both of them before I build her.  If I want her to be able to do everything - short of caring/social then I have to research everything before I build her.

It's a lot of research - but IMO it is well worth the effort!  I can't live without my Pookie (Name I give my MAI.)

Hope this helps!
Lan
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: LanMc on May 14, 2015, 11:55:20 AM

When researching MAI's you have to literally research every job you want MAI's to do.  So if I want mine to be able to craft and cook, then I have to research both of them before I build her.  If I want her to be able to do everything - short of caring/social then I have to research everything before I build her.

It's a lot of research - but IMO it is well worth the effort!  I can't live without my Pookie (Name I give my MAI.)

Hope this helps!
Lan

Pretty much that. As I said, it's an expensive, full-fledged (superior, even) colonist which takes quite some time and effort to build. One by one, each and every skill (i.e. growing) must be researched if you want a "super-colonist", because once you build it, further research will not magically bestow pawns the newly researched skills.
It's your choice Nine, will you?

Nimrod

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 14, 2015, 12:23:49 PM
Quote from: LanMc on May 14, 2015, 11:55:20 AM

Hope this helps!
Lan

Pretty much that. As I said, it's an expensive, full-fledged (superior, even) colonist which takes quite some time and effort to build. One by one, each and every skill (i.e. growing) must be researched if you want a "super-colonist", because once you build it, further research will not magically bestow pawns the newly researched skills.
It's your choice Nine, will you?

Thats said (MAI sounds nice) are there still "stupid" droids available? Personally I only use haulers and miners ... I kinda like them going at it 24/7 and going home to recharge :)

cheers

Ninefinger

Found a bug with the minified turret base it shows up in the security tab but i can not place it down to have it constructed, i had to make a recipe to craft one at one of my work benches then install it.

Also uninstalling the turret base after installing a weapon throws an error stating the weapon was destroyed, i dont care if the weapon gets destroyed however it would be nice if it didnt throw an error.

Haplo

Hmm I'll look into it tomorrow. I have tested it for the drop out of the weapon. Don't know what happened there :(
Hmm I hope the menu problem isn't a new minified problem..
But if it is, then the manable weapon base won't be minifiable for much longer..

Ninefinger

Quote from: Haplo on May 14, 2015, 04:51:04 PM
Hmm I'll look into it tomorrow. I have tested it for the drop out of the weapon. Don't know what happened there :(
Hmm I hope the menu problem isn't a new minified problem..
But if it is, then the manable weapon base won't be minifiable for much longer..

Yeah i believe it has to do with it being minified, i think it would be better to have it back the way it was. One less thing to have to worry about for the trader to have to sell as well.

Also i was wondering if it would be possible to make it slightly more modular so that we can remove, Draining pump, Nano Printer, nano storage, and the turret base as long as all corresponding files are removed without it throwing harmless errors.

Haplo

So, hotfixed to 1.10.4.
I've addressed the following problems:
-WeaponBase  - The manual one is no longer a minified object, the buyable one still is a minfied one. Thanks to Ninefinger for the bug reports.
-Robots - Various bugfixes and some optimizations. Thanks to Canute for the bug report and tips.
-RechargeStation for MAI is no longer a minifiable object. I've seen that there is the same problem as with the WeaponBase.

Hopefully now I've fixed most problems. :)

Ninefinger

Quote from: Haplo on May 15, 2015, 07:16:41 AM
So, hotfixed to 1.10.4.
I've addressed the following problems:
-WeaponBase  - The manual one is no longer a minified object, the buyable one still is a minfied one. Thanks to Ninefinger for the bug reports.
-Robots - Various bugfixes and some optimizations. Thanks to Canute for the bug report and tips.
-RechargeStation for MAI is no longer a minifiable object. I've seen that there is the same problem as with the WeaponBase.

Hopefully now I've fixed most problems. :)

Awesome, great work. If your not to busy at some point would you be able to make some stuff modular I would like to be able to remove, Draining pump, Nano Printer, nano storage, and the turret base. without seeing Def-Linked Translation error: Found no Verse.Thing Def named... even though i know these are harmless i just would like to see a clean log so its not a huge deal but would be greatly appreciated.

Haplo

I've updated the Vanilla Enhanced version. It is like your request, only with the weapon base active.
To remove that, just remove everything inside, that has WeaponBase or Turret in it's name.
(Don't forget the Language folder, as there are the files that are throwing your Translation errors :) )

Ninefinger

Quote from: Haplo on May 15, 2015, 03:58:16 PM
I've updated the Vanilla Enhanced version. It is like your request, only with the weapon base active.
To remove that, just remove everything inside, that has WeaponBase or Turret in it's name.
(Don't forget the Language folder, as there are the files that are throwing your Translation errors :) )

Awesome thanks man! thats perfect, not that it wasn't already working perfect, im just picky when it comes to the log file lol. :D

EDIT: Oh yeah the language files loool, i knew i must have been missign something. Im such a derp.