[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Haplo on May 15, 2015, 03:58:16 PM

Hi, Haplo. How about the opportunity to make defs lines from mod code for translation?

Haplo

Hi skyarkhangel,
Are you asking to provide translations? Or are you asking for a translation? Or are you asking how to translate?
The first, I'm always happy to integrate translations to a language I don't speak,
and the second, personally I can only speak german and english. So any other translation can't come from my side. Sorry :)
If it's the third, Normally I have everything you need in the language sub-folder. Make a copy of the english (or german) language and translate the text inside the xml-tags. Lastly just change the foldername to your language. That should be enough for it to work.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Haplo on May 16, 2015, 02:47:33 PM
Hi skyarkhangel,
Are you asking to provide translations? Or are you asking for a translation? Or are you asking how to translate?
The first, I'm always happy to integrate translations to a language I don't speak,
and the second, personally I can only speak german and english. So any other translation can't come from my side. Sorry :)
If it's the third, Normally I have everything you need in the language sub-folder. Make a copy of the english (or german) language and translate the text inside the xml-tags. Lastly just change the foldername to your language. That should be enough for it to work.

Ok. I translate and send you the translation. I was worried about that maybe not all of the text to be translated.

Haplo

hector212121

Miiiinor thing.

You can repeatedly murder cleaningbots for steel.

Haplo

How do you do that? I thought I made them that if they are downed they explode and their base with them?
Don't they do that? :(
I'll look into them and try to fix this hard to kill bug...
Thank you :)

hector212121

If they're downed.

I used Pila. Enough damage to kill them outright.

Also, they make good 'torpedoes' ;) just toss them at enemy mortars a few dozen times and they'll destroy them eventually(either by blowing them up by being downed or by idiotic enemies using grenades)

Another note:I can't place recharge stations for Mai...

hector212121

Haplo

So, I've updated MAI and the Robots.
Please tell me, if you still manage to use the robots as unlimited walking bombs ;)

I've also changed the tactical computers, so that they are also found on robot traders (if the mod MAI is active)

WHiZ

I've hit some problems with the vanilla version of the mod.. first off however i want to say thanks for the traders with the tents.. i love them..

the keybindings aren't working at all for me no matter what i do it wont remember the groups for recall. i've tried left/right shifts you name it.. i could find no control bindings that conflict. any suggestions are appreciated..

Haplo

If you press 6-9 or 0, do you get a message? (No pawns selected or something like that?)

If not, then maybe you didn't have Miscellaneous active, when you started the colony?
That function and the anomaly incident use a MapComponent. This is a part that is added to a colony, when it's created.
It is not easy to add it later on. (Manual changing of the savegame is required to do this).

WHiZ

Quote from: Haplo on May 20, 2015, 05:19:39 PM
If you press 6-9 or 0, do you get a message? (No pawns selected or something like that?)

If not, then maybe you didn't have Miscellaneous active, when you started the colony?
That function and the anomaly incident use a MapComponent. This is a part that is added to a colony, when it's created.
It is not easy to add it later on. (Manual changing of the savegame is required to do this).

thanks for the speedy response!

That would explain it.. no it was a pre-existing colony... i suppose the instructions are similar to where i had to edit the save file to add the cavern mushroom mod.. are there instructions on what line to add somewhere?

For example i had to add for it a line to the components section.
   <components>
      <li Class="CaveworldFlora.MapComponent_CavePlant" />
   </components>

WHiZ

FYI incase anyone else wants to add it to an existing game.. the part to add is
      <li Class="ColonistSelections.MapComponent_ColonistSelections">
         <CellsGroup1 />
         <PawnsGroup1 />
         <CellsGroup2 />
         <PawnsGroup2 />
         <CellsGroup3 />
         <PawnsGroup3 />
         <CellsGroup4 />
         <PawnsGroup4 />
      </li>
      <li Class="TacticalComputer.MapComponent_ColonistsOutsideMap_Anomaly">
         <PawnsAtAnomaly>
            <maxStacks>99999</maxStacks>
            <contents />
         </PawnsAtAnomaly>
         <returnTicksAnomaly>124466</returnTicksAnomaly>
      </li>

nmid

one of my favorite mods from alpha4 days. Trying it out again.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Haplo

One thing I can't prevent is stuff from other mods. Today it is this, but tomorrow there is another conflict with another mod. Because of that I most likely won't do anything about it as long as it isn't a game crashing conflict.
I don't have the mod right now, but I think I know the result. A much to overpowered Rocket stream thrower? :)
I had one of those once with a vanilla thrower :)