[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kubouch

Hi, I really like ideas in the mod. Although this mod has been around forever I've never tried it so I decided to give it a go in A11  :). However, I find some of the information in OP a bit unclear.

1. Are Robots included in "Vanilla Enhanced"?

2. What are the new animals (and how do they look like)?

3. What exactly do BrainPals do?

4. There are two descriptions of "Vanilla Enhanced" in the OP. The lower one doesn't include "WeaponBase" and "Rumor of Ruins" (it's just outdated I guess).

I find the OP quite confusing. The features are not always described and contents of each mod variant are presented in different order so it is hard to compare them. Also there are two different descriptions of "Vanilla Enhanced".

As this is a collection of independent mods, I would suggest splitting the mod into individual mods. Each mod with a headline, description, screenshot and separate download. It would help both understanding what Miscellaneous does and allowing people to pick exactly what they want. Now if I want, for example, play only with Trader and Incidents, I need to download the whole mod, delete unneeded Defs and hope I didn't break something  :D.

I don't want to be offensive or something. I just feel these things could use some improvement. Consider it as a feedback - either use it or screw it. Either way you're doing awesome job. From the descriptions the mods are well thought over and balanced so I'm looking forward to try them after my final exam :-).

Emottaja

Hey,
Tried out this mod today and got the new "rumors of ruins" event trigger, but it bugged out somehow. After I selected the colonist to sent out to explore and pressed the "ok" button, nothing happened. It was as if the event never happened. =/

I had a "toxic fallout" event present in my colony at the same time, wonder if that had something to do with that?

Just to let you know.

RickyMartini

Quote from: Haplo on June 14, 2015, 04:36:40 AM
Quote from: Skissor on June 13, 2015, 05:05:10 PM
Is there any way to only obtain the keybinding from this mod?
I'm not 100 percent sure, but I think you only need the colonist groups dll and the KeyXXXDefs. I'm not at my computer right now, but I think these are the only needed components.

Thanks, I'll try it out and will report back!

Haplo

Quote from: Emottaja on June 14, 2015, 10:32:38 AM
Hey,
Tried out this mod today and got the new "rumors of ruins" event trigger, but it bugged out somehow. After I selected the colonist to sent out to explore and pressed the "ok" button, nothing happened. It was as if the event never happened. =/

I had a "toxic fallout" event present in my colony at the same time, wonder if that had something to do with that?

Just to let you know.

Hmm.. Could it be, that you had the outside area forbidden for the colonists you wanted to send? I think that may prevent the sending job to take root..
I'll take a look into it. Thanks for reporting :)

Haplo

Quote from: Skissor on June 14, 2015, 11:53:26 AM
Quote from: Haplo on June 14, 2015, 04:36:40 AM
Quote from: Skissor on June 13, 2015, 05:05:10 PM
Is there any way to only obtain the keybinding from this mod?
I'm not 100 percent sure, but I think you only need the colonist groups dll and the KeyXXXDefs. I'm not at my computer right now, but I think these are the only needed components.

Thanks, I'll try it out and will report back!

Don't forget the language files. You need at least the english versions..

RickyMartini

Ok, I managed to shorten the mod and it works on new maps, but it doesn't on already existing maps (Pressing SHIFT-K and every other combo doesn't respond when loading an existing save)

Any idea why this is happening?

nuschler22

I downloaded the Misc standalone.

Starting off in EdB prepare carefully, I've been able to add robots in the past.  I can't do that anymore.  Is it because it's now disallowed, or did I download the wrong one for robots?

Haplo

I really need to update the descriptions...
Robots are a part of the MAI download. So if you only downloaded Miscellaneous and not MAI... :)

@Skissor:
Thats because of the MapComponent that handles the input. MapComponents are only added to a savegame when a new colony is started. If you want to add it to an older savegame you need to manipulate the savegame.

RickyMartini

nmid

in A10, I added this while I still had the overhaul mod pack.
Now I know that could be the problem here, so while I couldn't build an AI pawn on my own, I was able to purchase the AI pawns + hauler/cleaner bots from traders.
I was able to activate them all and can recharge the h/cleaner bots...but even after building the droid charging stations, my MAI don't use it. They go to 0 rest and then explode.
Any idea? I'm reasonably sure it's because I'm using this with the overhaul mod pack, but thought I'll ask.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Haplo

MAI doesn't use the recharge stations of the bots. After you researched the base MAI research, you can build a recharge station for her. This station can be found under 'Furniture' and looks a bit like a hightech bed. There is also a nanite assembler which is needed to repair your MAI while recharging if she looses a limb.

nmid

D'oh!
recharge station  under 'Furniture' !!!

I was about to move to A11, because my colony with 3 MAI was 'unusable'.
Now that I know how to fix it, my 14 colonists will be both happy that I came back and insulted that I valued 3 MAI more than them.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

nuschler22

Quote from: Haplo on June 15, 2015, 12:39:52 AM
I really need to update the descriptions...
Robots are a part of the MAI download. So if you only downloaded Miscellaneous and not MAI... :)

@Skissor:
Thats because of the MapComponent that handles the input. MapComponents are only added to a savegame when a new colony is started. If you want to add it to an older savegame you need to manipulate the savegame.

I remember having robots and no MAI.  I think you might have walked me through removing MAI from it.  I'm sure it's somewhere (and easy enough to do considering I already did it).  Thanks. :)

Simulacrum0

can you make grouping work with Mechanical Defense 2 his droids don't count as colonists?

nmid

Quote from: Simulacrum0 on June 16, 2015, 02:25:04 AM
can you make grouping work with Mechanical Defense 2 his droids don't count as colonists?

Does MD2 and MAI work well together?