[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michal3588

Quote from: Haplo on July 20, 2015, 12:34:58 AM
But I can't understand why you don't like MAI. She is so adorable.. ;D
If you ask me WALL-E was more adorable than EVE ;)
But that's not my point. MAI makes trained colonists less valuable. Without MAI loss of skilled doctor or even cook hurts a lot but now with some plasteel and AI core I can build cyborg with every skill on 7 (also burning passion so she learns like, well... robot :P). What's more she moves and works faster than humans so why should I look for suitable replacment (*beating up innocent raider to unconsciousness, capturing him and hoping that he won't remember how he ended in my prison and will agree to join me) for lost colonist when I can just build one :)?
I know that this is EXACTLY how it will look in near future with real androids but right now I like my game little more challenging ;)

Mechanoid Hivemind

Why is there a fertilizer pump texture in here? And all the non files with like brain pals and things can be deleted right?
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Dragoon

Quote from: michal3588 on July 20, 2015, 08:41:49 AM
MAI makes trained colonists less valuable. Without MAI loss of skilled doctor or even cook hurts a lot but now with some plasteel and AI core I can build cyborg with every skill on 7 (also burning passion so she learns like, well... robot :P). What's more she moves and works faster than humans so why should I look for suitable replacment for lost colonist when I can just build one :)?

Well there is the fact that she may blow up when downed and a colonist may just be wounded and can be healed.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

michal3588

When MAI blows up all you have to do is find another AI core and build new MAI. When colonist with set of traits that I'm always looking for dies then I have to butcher horde of raiders to find and hopefully capture another one. I'm rather picky about my recruits. Except for suicidal bombs mod... But that's a whole different story :D.
Everything has it's pros and cons. You may like it for good reasons and I may not for equally good ones. It's freedom of speech or some other cliche. I don't really remember :D.

nugarin

First of all, thank you for your wonderful mods.
However, I find the concept of Nano-storage  a bit daft. Since we have a 2d world, how about renaming it to the "underground storage"? So it would be representing a cellar with some kind of dead-waiter system.

Dragoon

Quote from: michal3588 on July 20, 2015, 09:35:04 PM
When MAI blows up all you have to do is find another AI core and build new MAI.

yes because those are just all over I also never stated I liked M.A.I btw (used it only once though for me nothing is worth it blowing up ) cool but I just don't like the risk.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Haplo

It is UPDATE time ;D

But first a bit of a warning: This Update will most likely crash your old savegame, except you make a small manipulation of your savegame. But more of this later..

Another thing: Please delete your previous version before extracting the new one, as there are various files changed, moved, deleted.

First to the changes:
The biggest change is a refactoring of the old Rumor of Ruins incident code. Now it can hold multiple stories, without the need of a second incident. This incident just holds the story plot from the various defs (which will be randomly selected)
Unfortunately this also results in various renamings, which is the reason, that old savegames most likely will crash.

The next thing is rather small:
I've added the F1 key to the key bindings. If you press F1, the camera will jump to a random position inside your homezone. So it is something like a 'Random Home'-button. :)

And last but not least my new building: The Archery Target.
This is a Joy object like the horseshoe pin. It can only be used by one person at the same time, it needs a shortbow to build, and it comes with my own bad graphics. BUT it increases your shooting skill, comes with it's own arrow mote thrower, is rotatable and has an impact sound (My first try at an sound :) )

So that is it from my side. Hopefully you have as much fun playing with it, as I had writing it. (My first bit of free time in a long while, yeah!)

Cheers,
Haplo

PS: And now for those of you who want to try to make it work with an old savegame:
-Open your savegame with a texteditor like Notepad++
-Search for Rumor
-You should find an XML-Tag like this:
<li Class="Incidents.MapComponent_ColonistsOutsideMap_RumorOfRuins">
->Change this to
<li Class="Incidents.MapComponent_ColonistsOutsideMap_RumorOf">
-Save and try it out.

That should be all.
Unfortunately I can't REALLY promise that it will work.
If it doesn't, you most likely need to start a new colony.
Sorry about that..

[attachment deleted due to age]

Haplo

Quote from: Canute on July 30, 2015, 06:24:27 PM
Rumor change, great.
F1 key, ok.

But why add a new shooting training object, even when you just pratice it with a bow. But sorry, don't we got allready good mods with pratice objects ? That don't realy fit in this current mod.

Shouldn't you work at some method's to modify MAI with new Bionic legs ? And the hauler crawler with faster servo's, highend colonist outrun them. Maybe some research the Cleaner can even extinquish fire with some enhancement ?

I've done the archery target because I like archery and thought it was missing from the joy objects. If you don't wanna use it, that's fine by me. You can deactivate it if you want to: Just delete everything that has Archery in it's name.

For the MAI and Robots suggestions: Nope, I don't think I'll do that. MAI is a robot and I don't think she should profit from an bionic leg for example. To be honest, I didn't think about it until now. we'll see..
The robots are robots that you can buy. Why should they be upgradable? Most firms would like to sell you an higher tier version instead of let you tinker with the base variant.
Maybe someday, but for now I'm happy with how they are.

Vas

What is it with people and thinking that in order to balance something, it needs to explode when power runs out?  Why does everything have to explode to balance the game?  Conduits randomly nukeplode, scraps of metal (turret) explode, robots explode, what's next, prosthetic exploding like an antimatter bomb if they get shot?  :/

Just a note; your red text is hard to read, consider lightening it or using pink instead.  :P  It really hurts my eyes trying to focus on it.

I like the idea of the trade arrival, but I'd like it more if instead of a tent, they parked their ship instead.  You should define a large area that works as a landing zone for their ship with a minimum spacing.  You must keep them and their ship safe if you want them to come back, and they won't land if there are hostiles nearby.  I had this idea before too, as I wanted trade changes to stop the game from dropping things from orbit all the time as I tend to live inside a mountain.  I also want the orbital beacons changed or removed and replaced with some other method of deciding what's sellable and what's not.  If you're up for it, we can always discuss my more advanced ideas.  Can add me on steam or skype, or do it through private messages if you want but I'd really like to find a way to balance my idea and get it working in game.  My steam, and ask in private message if you want skype.

Also, I made a script that can fix game saves, if you want to modify it and provide it for updates to your mods.  All it does is replace names of things right now but depending on what you need, you can modify it.  https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14708.0
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

artik15

I like this mod but I prefer trade ships instead of traders and I haven't seen any trade ships since I've installed the MISC mod. Can I somehow disable traders and enable trade ships? PLEASE help!

Haplo

The traders are just another incident for the storyteller to use. They don't disable the normal traders or otherwise influence them. You can disable them by setting the trader incident Chance to 0,but it shouldn't have much influence on the behavior.

HalfmoonSmile

Thank you for creating your mods and tutorials, and especially for offering a vanilla-friendly variant.

The extra events are great, but I noticed that some of the pop-ups seem incomplete (I'm using misc vanilla+MAI). For example, I just got one with "RumorofSlaverCamp_VisitorTellingRumorInitial" as the flavor text, with RumorofSlaverCamp_VisitorTellingRumorInitial accept/decline as the options; is this a placeholder? Another example happens every time I load a new colony with these mods: there is mostly-blank pop-up that says something about colonist group instructions (which I notice is a feature in the full version, but not the vanillaish pack).

I have already tried redownloading and reinstalling the mod to see if I was missing some files with no luck.

Haplo

Yes, you are right. I messed it up a bit.
You can redownload it now. The new version should have fixed all the texts.. hopefully ;D

Haplo

It looks like I missed a few problems with my last try.
So here is a new update with my next attempt to fix the bugs
(persistent little devils)

Hopefully I didn't add a new bunch with my changes. I've done a quick test run, but...