[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WobMinerJames

Wow!
This is just brilliant, absolutely loving these gorgeous little additions to the game - balanced and fair!

I have recently made two MAI's and they're just ace, the first one I even used one of those AI cores to produce it - love that!
I had some trouble however:
- Awkward trying to make my colonists haul steel/silver to the MAI Assembler.
- No option to "work" on the MAI Assembler (as in to make a MAI).
- Recharge station cannot be placed??? Don't know if this is a bug or not, but it appears "green" and able to be placed, says the steel required is available yet just doesn't place?
I ended up debug'ing in a packaged version of the station and then installing it into position.

Draining pump is something I love deeply! The slow process is GOOD as it makes you think "Which areas need doing first" instead of just throwing them down in any odd place.

Tactical computer was a great little addition to my "central" room!

The extra missions are amazing - even with the dialog that comes with it after a successful mission (no failed ones yet!!!)
The fact you can send you colonists out the map for these missions is just awesome.

The Trader Tents are fantastic, I had the devilish idea of trapping in some traders from the Orion Corp (Another mod). Luckilly no bad will was attained from their deaths :L
The tents are always a welcome sight, they come near my farms very often and kinda make the whole system seem less empty!

The brainpals are an interesting little twist too - can they heal braindamage? I have not yet tried, one colonist is currently incapacitated from a headshot :L

I have not yet used the weapon base addition.

I hope this little bit of feedback can be usefull to you Haplo.
These mods have just made things so much more entertaining without the thing most other mods seem to enjoy doing - "OP stuff".
Balanced, Simple, Elegant and Awesome.
Love the Haulers and Cleaners, Love the MAI's.

Thanks a bunch!
~ James

Haplo

Quote from: WobMinerJames on August 11, 2015, 07:56:11 PM
Snipp

Hello James,

Thank you for your kind opinion of my stuff. I really appreciate it to hear what you think about it.

My main concern is the recharge station. You say you can't place it? That is a problem I have with the minifying of it. But I thought I have removed it after the tests. In the next alpha you can buy these from traders also, but in 11 it does create the problem you described.

The assembler does work with a critical storage field. So yes, it can be problematic if you have other Storages that are critical also. I have to rework it sometimes to use a real job for it..
And the work issue.. It is a kind of automatic assembler. You just need to provide the sources and it does the Assembly automatically. (you can watch the progress in the description field)
But I'm also not to sure, if I let it remain in the mod, as I want to let everything be buyable by traders..

I think the BrainPals actually do repair a brain. I'm not 100 percent sure, as I didn't test it, but as it is a brain replacement right now.. It is a bit cheaty, but for now that is OK. Maybe in the future l ll change it.. We'll see..

My main focus normally is the near vanilla compatibility, so I'm happy you like it like it is  ;D

Thank you for your opinion and have fun :)

Dave-In-Texas

I can confirm that with the current version (1.17c) the recharge station cannot be placed.  its green, more than enough steel.  its a shame really, my new mai unit will self destruct in a day :/

dismar

i also have this issue. i just pop into god mode whenever i make a new mai... lol

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: dismar on August 13, 2015, 06:47:49 PM
i also have this issue. i just pop into god mode whenever i make a new mai... lol

doh!  for some reason this did not occur to me.. lol thanks

caesius

a bug report.

when pawns come back from the expedition, their area setting is initialized.

Dave-In-Texas

This may be a deliberate change but when i activated Mai it consumed the Assembler!?

Haplo

Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on August 14, 2015, 05:39:22 AM
This may be a deliberate change but when i activated Mai it consumed the Assembler!?

How did you accomplish this? I've never heard of that problem before..
I guess she was hungry, but that's not something I did.. :D

Haplo

Just a small update for all you MAI users.
I've fixed the building problem of the Recharge Station.
Now it should be buildable again.

RiftandRend

The Rumors don't work for me. When I load the game, I get the following error; Could not find a type named Incidents.IncidentWorker_RumorOf

caesius

a bug report
if a nano printer's active area (where a pawn stands when using nano printer) is covered with store area (see attached picture) and pawn uses the nano printer, heavy error occurs and the pawn freezes. (might be a game system self's error?)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Haplo on August 14, 2015, 10:43:57 AM
Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on August 14, 2015, 05:39:22 AM

How did you accomplish this? I've never heard of that problem before..
I guess she was hungry, but that's not something I did.. :D

it happened 3 times.. the first time I thought i did it and loaded an autosave.

the 2nd time i paid attention and it vanished.  then i couldn't place the charging station so i quit and came here to see if i had the newest version.

3rd time i enabled god mode, activated her and placed both the charging station and the assembler :)

I use a lot of mods so it may be some weird interaction.

stranger080

I have an issue with the traders, not the ship traders, keep getting this error, made sure to download the latest version and test

[attachment deleted due to age]

stranger080

Quote from: stranger080 on August 15, 2015, 09:56:55 PM
I have an issue with the traders, not the ship traders, keep getting this error, made sure to download the latest version and test
figured it out, its the roofing on the trade stockpile, the one thing I didn't try lol

Haplo

Quote from: caesius on August 15, 2015, 03:20:03 AM
a bug report
if a nano printer's active area (where a pawn stands when using nano printer) is covered with store area (see attached picture) and pawn uses the nano printer, heavy error occurs and the pawn freezes. (might be a game system self's error?)
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure yet, what I can do about it..
Maybe I need to switch to a real workgiver..

Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on August 15, 2015, 06:50:13 PM
*Snip*
I'm sorry, the only idea I have would be, that MAI spawns not on the spawn point but on the assembler somehow.
But that should only be possible, when there is something blocking the spawn point.. strange..