[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xubrim

I want to second Loki88. I feel a little guilty admitting it, but I've installed MAI before just to make sure I get those little bots.

Also, would you consider making recipes for their construction? If the colony can construct an enhanced AI, a roomba can't be too impossible.

Loki88

Quote from: Xubrim on August 30, 2015, 04:54:43 PM
Also, would you consider making recipes for their construction? If the colony can construct an enhanced AI, a roomba can't be too impossible.

Second for buildable bots!

Next thing that came to mind is could they be put into the tamed animals some how or something like it so they don't show up in the colonist bar?

Haplo

Update time!
I've finally found some time to update Miscellaneous and MAI to Alpha 12d.
Now you can also use the weapon base again and I've fixed a serious bug with the traders.

For your requests for buildable bots:
I'm sorry, but I most likely won't do that.
I think that robots are specialized helpers that you can only buy from some producers but not build (at least not in a usable quality) by your own. (Ok, maybe it is possible if you research it and have the production requirements, but not for now..) Because of that (for now) I'll stay with my decision to make them buyable only. 8)

Loki88

Quote from: Haplo on August 31, 2015, 09:43:39 AM
For your requests for buildable bots:
I'm sorry, but I most likely won't do that.

Buildable or not, THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE!!!  ;D

LanMc

Thank you for the MAI update!  I miss her when she's gone!!!   ;D
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

Loki88

While I find it quite funny, I don't imagine the bots being able to tame animals is intended. So far though, they're better at it than my colonists  :P

Edit: The cleaning bot also wont clean, and its recharge station throws an error. I'm not sure if it's a bug or mod incompatibility though. I will attach a picture of the debug log and hope it is sufficient, if not let me know please.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Loki88

Also upon reload the cleaning bots vanish. Hauling bots seem to work as intended minus the critter taming.

Edit: Nvm, it seems he's just dying because he can't make it back to the recharge pad fast enough at 0.91 c/s. The haulers move at over 6 c/s

Haplo

Ok, I've made a small bugfix to address your problem, even if I can't really repro it..
I have an idea what it could have been, but not 100% sure about it. I just can't repro it on my side..

For the robo problem:
The cleaner bot will now recharge earlier, so that he should have enough battery left to reach the station :)

I've updated the download-link of MAI to 1.12.1b

Boston

Hello,

If I may ask a question: how do the trader camps work? I would like to trade with them, but don't have an orbital beacon.

NihilRex

Quote from: Boston on August 31, 2015, 07:21:45 PM
Hello,

If I may ask a question: how do the trader camps work? I would like to trade with them, but don't have an orbital beacon.

They work just like the comms console, you still need the beacon to trade with them.

Loki88

Quote from: Haplo on August 31, 2015, 03:09:38 PM
I have an idea what it could have been, but not 100% sure about it. I just can't repro it on my side..

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess whatever happened was probably my fault... Thank you for the fix Haplo!

DestroyX

heyho^^
got a problem with the hauler and cleaner bots too.
after i place them i always get this:

i cant activate it aswell, because then i get this:

i'm using the ultimate overhaul modpack, if that matters.
since it has an own version of the miscellaneous mod, without the MAI+robots one, so maybe there is some change in there that stops it from working.
at least thats my best bet.

would be awesome if you got any idea, if you can give me a hint where the problem could be i can fix it myself.
i can change stuff in mods, but bugfixing and doing stuff from scratch is still beyond me :D

Vascar

Quote from: DestroyX on September 01, 2015, 07:05:11 AM
heyho^^
got a problem with the hauler and cleaner bots too.
after i place them i always get this:

i cant activate it aswell, because then i get this:

i'm using the ultimate overhaul modpack, if that matters.
since it has an own version of the miscellaneous mod, without the MAI+robots one, so maybe there is some change in there that stops it from working.
at least thats my best bet.

would be awesome if you got any idea, if you can give me a hint where the problem could be i can fix it myself.
i can change stuff in mods, but bugfixing and doing stuff from scratch is still beyond me :D
The mod-pack isn't the problem. I got the mod straight from the source and I still am getting the same bug.

Haplo

It looks like I did a conversion mix up. Sorry about that.
I'll look into it as soon as I can.

DestroyX

which means there is at least a fix in sight and its not an incompatibility issue^^

you dont have to be sorry, i just want to have my hauling minions back one day :'D
animals are too fragile for my rough enviroment to haul stuff^^