[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Thanks for the trust in me :D

This was a sample case of

I've updated it, BUT... it now isn't really compatible with old savegames where there is a robot recharge station placed.
You need to deinstall it before the upgrade to 1.12.2 or it will throw errors..

I had a really big problem with the ThingContainer so I threw it out of the window and replaced it with a simple list ;D
(But even there, nothing is really simple ;))

On another note: I've readded the robots to the colonist list.
There are just two ways:
-Add it to the colonists and it works without errors
-Remove it from the colonists and it may throw an error from time to time (something like: "too many path found, resetting..")

[attachment deleted due to age]

DestroyX

well, that was faster than expected :D

just in time, because my colony is drowning in skeletons and stuff everywhere >.>

i have nothing in the mod placed, because the stations threw errors and i wasnt that far in to build a MAI yet, so it should work i guess, lets try^^

with robots, do you mean the cleaners and haulers too, or just the MAI's?

edit:

you did it, thank you, debug senpai :'D

edit edit:

alright, the haulers and cleaners are in the list too.
since i'm using the colonist icons, is there a way to get the bots out of the list again?
because it gets kinda much :D
(it also spams the "colonist idle" list alot :/ )

the other way would be that it throws an error from time to time... will it actually affect anything or just spam the debug log?

edit edit edit (damn :'D) :

would it help, by any chance, to turn them into animal pawns?
sorry, that stuff is still beyond, me, so i just throw ideas around^^"

Haplo

It would only throw a red error from time to time.
It wouldn't really do anything but open the debug console (except when debug is off, I think..)
But as it is an error, I'm a bit hesitant to accept that..

It isn't really usable to have them as animals. If I try to change that, I'll start nearly from zero again.

I've attached a test dll where the robots are again no colonists.
You can test it out and tell me how often the message appears..
Just extract the attached file into your MAI/Assemblies/ folder and overwrite the existing AIRobots.dll

DestroyX

i appreciate the perfectionism :D

but thats neat, i gotta try it out^^
thanks alot for the effort btw :D

i'm in a huge session anyways, so i might aswell go bughunting in the process.
game started without errors at least, so it starts off good.

well, was just an idea anyways, as i said, anything beyond xml editing is still beyond me.

so yeah, thanks again for the effort, i reply again if i got something new^^

edit: 20 minutes in, no error message so far^^

edit edit: well that confuses me. no error message at all. so.. no idea whats wrong with your game or mod setup, but it just works totally fine for me

Haplo

Ok, I've removed the robots from the list of colonists again.
If the error appears this seldom,..
But it is even when it appears only an informational error, so..

Thanks for your testing it :)

DestroyX

well, i actually never had the error showing up at all, and i was playng all day yesterday so.. kinda wierd^^

still, thanks for the time :D

Demonlord091

Good evening, Haplo.

I seem to have run into a pretty nasty error after placing down the...stands? for your Hauling and Cleaning robots.

By "pretty nasty" I mean "completely destroyed save file". I've never seen this sort of error happen in Rimworld before.

I'll leave 2 posts with screenshots of the two errors it was showing me. I'm hoping you can at least tell me what they mean.

Demonlord091

Second post, as promised.

I've always loved Miscellaneous and MAI, it's just the little robot things that (I think) seem to be the problem.

bazalisk

ok so i get this whenever i try to load a save game:-

"System.NullReferanceException:Object Referance not set to an instance of an object
  at Rimworld.SquadAI.Brain.SquadBrainTick ()[0x00000] in <filename Unknown>:0

System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannpt be Null
Parameter Name: source
Object Referance not set to an instance of an object"

i thought it was another mod but since the above post(s) are so similar to my own issue i guess it could be this mod.

i am gutted really cos i like the idea of little cleaner and hauler drones :(

Haplo

Quote from: Demonlord091 on September 05, 2015, 03:12:49 AM
Good evening, Haplo.

I seem to have run into a pretty nasty error after placing down the...stands? for your Hauling and Cleaning robots.

By "pretty nasty" I mean "completely destroyed save file". I've never seen this sort of error happen in Rimworld before.

I'll leave 2 posts with screenshots of the two errors it was showing me. I'm hoping you can at least tell me what they mean.

I'm not so sure that is a problem with Miscellaneous. The stacktrace shows that the problem source is in the MapComponent from Clutter. I can't check anything over the next two to three days for private reasons, so I can't really help this time, sorry :(

Quote from: bazalisk on September 05, 2015, 12:44:04 PM
ok so i get this whenever i try to load a save game:-

"System.NullReferanceException:Object Referance not set to an instance of an object
  at Rimworld.SquadAI.Brain.SquadBrainTick ()[0x00000] in <filename Unknown>:0

System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannpt be Null
Parameter Name: source
Object Referance not set to an instance of an object"

i thought it was another mod but since the above post(s) are so similar to my own issue i guess it could be this mod.

i am gutted really cos i like the idea of little cleaner and hauler drones :(

Can you post the output_log.txt file after that error occurs? It would allow me to find the real source of the problem. I do use a squad brain with the traders, but it isn't really that different from the vanilla code.. So I really could use the file to find the problem.. (earliest in two to three days, sorry)

bazalisk

hey

thanks for the reply :D

hope this helps narrow down the problem.

and sorry for lumping this on you if it turns out to be something else :s

as requested, a log file.

Ectoplasm

Hello, great mod :)

I wanted to ask if it would be possible to make the cleaning and hauling robots not select able? In panic mode when I drag a big box across my colony to grab all pawns quickly, the little bots also get selected, not ideal as they die easily and run out of power quickly :( I'm thinking along the lines of pets, you can click them individually for information, but box selections are ignored.

Perhaps they could be linked in to the tactical computer, so when pawns are summoned for a raid, the bots could automatically go to sleep? Research to do this auto if enemies are detected maybe?

Geokinesis

Is it possible to get a separate dl for just the turret base please?

rdz1122

Used this mod in various releases for quite some time.  I have a couple of challenges using it with A12d:
- I can buy Robots from Robot Trader (Hauling bot and Cleaning bot), I can "install" them to a location, but I can't start them (B or Play button); not sure if there is an additional requirement that wasn't present previously, but any help I would appreciate.
- I can build MAI, and she runs for a bit, but ultimately self destructs, every time.  I build the Assembly, bed and add-on for her recharge station/bed, but she doesn't use it (even when I "assign" it to her), and she destructs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated; this is one of the more creative and useful mods.

Ectoplasm

Quote from: rdz1122 on September 09, 2015, 04:34:02 PM
Used this mod in various releases for quite some time.  I have a couple of challenges using it with A12d:
- I can buy Robots from Robot Trader (Hauling bot and Cleaning bot), I can "install" them to a location, but I can't start them (B or Play button); not sure if there is an additional requirement that wasn't present previously, but any help I would appreciate.
- I can build MAI, and she runs for a bit, but ultimately self destructs, every time.  I build the Assembly, bed and add-on for her recharge station/bed, but she doesn't use it (even when I "assign" it to her), and she destructs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated; this is one of the more creative and useful mods.

Your first question I can't help you with, they run fine for me on latest build. The second one though, you have to also build recharge stations for MAI before you turn it on. I forget the exact name of the units, have a dig about in one of the menus. You can also build repair units which attach to the recharge units and use plasteel iirc to repair mai.