[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LustrousWolf

Is there a way of only having the 'Incidents' from this mod?

Haplo

Yes it is: Just delete everything that is not named Incident or RunorOf.
But I don't give a guaranty for this to be all (I'm too lazy right now :P)

Oh and if you want the Anomaly stuff, then you also need Anomaly and everything TacticalComputer for it to work..

Haplo

So here is a bigger update: (at least for me)
I've created a MapGenerator that creates a few village buildings out of blueprints.
These blueprints can be expanded upon by everyone. How? I've added a small Tutorial that can be found in the Help folder.

Note:
The MapGenerator does NOT overwrite the vanilla MapGenerator in the base setting. This means that the game randomly selects which MapGenerator it takes to create the map. So it may take a few new colonies until this generator is choosen to create the blueprints.
If you want I have an alternate version in the help folder that overwrites the vanilla generator and makes this the only valid one.

I've just changed the Scatter Ruins part of the vanilla MapGenerator with the following. Everything else is still vanilla in there:
      <!-- Empty ruins village -->
      <li Class="MapGenerator.Genstep_CreateBlueprintVillage">
        <countPer10kCellsRange><min>0.15</min><max>0.35</max></countPer10kCellsRange>
<ruinCountRange><min>3</min><max>6</max></ruinCountRange>
<ruinDistanceRange><min>2</min><max>6</max></ruinDistanceRange>
<ruinOffsetHorizontalRange><min>4</min><max>15</max></ruinOffsetHorizontalRange>
<ruinOffsetVerticalRange><min>4</min><max>15</max></ruinOffsetVerticalRange>
      </li>

Attached are a few impressions of the ruins.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Latta

What I wanted to do... :D

Did you try to spawn doors, or it already does so? Because in my case it always ends with bunches of region errors.

Haplo

I did try to spawn doors, but there I had another problem:
If your pawn walks through the door the fog remains and your pawn hides under the fog :)
Theoretically you can use the doors, but only for ruins, where there are other holes in the room, so that the fog doesn't appear. Practically I've just not used doors :)

PS: If you want to take a look, I've updated the source code link on the first page to my latest monster 8)

Latta

Really? My pawns... ah, I spawned the doors as mechanoid faction, so my pawns had to break doors, revealing all fog. ;)

Haplo

Yep, most likely. I don't set a faction to it, so it is most likely a colonist building.
Also I can't really set it to a faction or it may have problems with the blueprints. When I have Mechanoids inside and a Mechanoid door I think it doesn't take long for them to realize that they can leave.
And the newly landed colonists do look rather delicious ;)

vega666

Quote-WeaponBase is removed for now

Dang. This was my reason for downloading this mod, and it's no longer part of it...

Haplo

Quote from: vega666 on September 19, 2015, 02:52:42 PM
Quote-WeaponBase is removed for now

Dang. This was my reason for downloading this mod, and it's no longer part of it...

It was only removed for alpha 12a. Tynan did change his code a bit in 12b, so that the WeaponBase is functional again :)

Ectoplasm

Haven't had the vanishing AI table bug so far, though I did think it was bugged when looking to activate MAI! Didn't take note when you previously said 'miniturised version of MAI', then it dawned on me...

The new buildings getting added on map creation, kinda neat, I like. I landed right by 2 on my first colony. Opened one up and it had 2 mega-slugs and some mini mechs too :( Reloaded, and the other one only had 1 mini mech. Made it my home, came with statues and everything, quite homey.  How is the generation done though? As in the small small area of the map there were actually 4 of these buildings (plus numerous semi-wrecked structures. Is it just and RNG thing? 

http://imgur.com/y6ydtjZ

4 all within spitting distance. Not complaining, at least 2 had a small stash of gold and steel too, might of been all 4 don't recall!

Haplo

It is a weighted random yes. Right now I have something like 20 to 25 variations. Only about 5 are bigger.
There are 3 to 7 random rooms near one another.. Looks like you got 4 or 5 :)
And iI should have warned you: most closed rooms have the possibility to hold some surprises.
But most also have a reward or two, so... ;)

LustrousWolf

So I got the Vanilla Enhanced Version, and since it has the map generator bit in, it isnt compatible with the Rikiki's outpost generator mod, so I took out everything to do with the map generator, and it worked and loaded up a world fine with no errors, but for some reason all the other parts of the vanilla enhanced mod do not appear in the game now. Is there a version of vanilla enhanced without the map generator part that I can have that I know is not broken because of me? I cant find it in the mass of old and new downloads on the nexus download page if there is one :/

Haplo

Here is a compatible MapGenerator for the outpost generator from Rikki.
Just overwrite it with the file in the folder Miscellaneous_XYZ/Defs/MapGeneratorDefs/

Note: With this change the outpost generator MUST be loaded and must be loaded BEFORE Miscellaneous!

[attachment deleted due to age]

LustrousWolf

I'll try this out when I make a new colony :) Thank you for the quick response!

Rikiki

About the fog of war, you can use a RectTrigger. Have a look into my outpost generator source code. It is quite easy to use (and already implemented by myself ;D ).