[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Thanks for the info, I'll take a look. :)
Now I just need to find a bit of time... again..  :-\

TLHeart

Does your map generator fill the labyrinth with mechs? And should it be spawning 3 or 4 labyrinths per map? 

Ectoplasm

Quote from: TLHeart on September 24, 2015, 08:41:38 AM
Does your map generator fill the labyrinth with mechs? And should it be spawning 3 or 4 labyrinths per map? 

There's a chance to have baddies in them, Haplo commented on this on the previous page, along with ruin generation.

LanMc

I am personally loving the labyrinth generations.  I have had up to three large complexes, (large for my standards in Rimworld anyway... meaning the size of which would take me a few months with my three colonists to build... with several nice statues, and a joy object table in each.)  In one of the smaller ruins I found two, (count them people TWO), hospital beds!  They are minifiable now so I could grab them up and start using them pretty darn early in the game.  That was a bountiful find!   

Yes, in two of them there were mechs.  The one that was buried in the mountain had quite a decent number of them but by the time I excavated it we were ready to take them on.

The number of labyrinths are randomly generated - from the xml it looks like we can get as many as 6 ruins, (variations on layouts, size and potential content.)  I am not sure about the mechs though?   They could be added by the Core as the Core tends to add ruins with mechs and cryo caskets during map generation.  Still... Curious to know!
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

Loki88

Are the local traders that come basically all bulk goods traders. Or should there be different types and I've broken something? I've had 20+ of the little buggers show up by now (often at the same time  ??? ) and they're all more or less bulk goods traders.

NihilRex

If i wanted to lower the number or disable just the ruins generation, what would I edit?  BlueprintVillage?  Does the Countper10k going up increase or decrease the # of ruins?

I just had a sweet landing spot, terrain wise, turn out to be covered in mechanoids.  3 ruins on the default loading inscreen, 2 of the larger labyrinths and one of the wide rectangles.

Lupin III

Why has the turret automatic mode been removed? It says it should be possible to set turrets to automatic mode in the first post, but it looks like the research project for it isn't there anymore.

Haplo

Quote from: NihilRex on September 25, 2015, 03:32:07 AM
If i wanted to lower the number or disable just the ruins generation, what would I edit?  BlueprintVillage?  Does the Countper10k going up increase or decrease the # of ruins?

I just had a sweet landing spot, terrain wise, turn out to be covered in mechanoids.  3 ruins on the default loading inscreen, 2 of the larger labyrinths and one of the wide rectangles.

If you want to reduce the count, edit the MapGenerator_Blueprint_Village.xml. In there is a count of ruins range. This is from 3 to 7 or so, this means one generation generates 3 to 7 ruins. Then there is the count per 10k with influences the generation count. Set it lower will reduce the base chance. Right now it is set to roundabout 1 to 2 base generations at medium maps.
To disable it fully just delete this one file. ;P

Quote from: Lupin III on September 25, 2015, 10:27:15 AM
Why has the turret automatic mode been removed? It says it should be possible to set turrets to automatic mode in the first post, but it looks like the research project for it isn't there anymore.
Automatic weapon base isn't removed, you just can't build them anymore, you need to buy them ;P

Quote from: Loki88 on September 24, 2015, 06:21:10 PM
Are the local traders that come basically all bulk goods traders. Or should there be different types and I've broken something? I've had 20+ of the little buggers show up by now (often at the same time  ??? ) and they're all more or less bulk goods traders.
No,  the traders can be every available traders except pirate traders.

Quote from: LanMc on September 24, 2015, 12:53:51 PM
I am personally loving the labyrinth generations.  I have had up to three large complexes, (large for my standards in Rimworld anyway... meaning the size of which would take me a few months with my three colonists to build... with several nice statues, and a joy object table in each.)  In one of the smaller ruins I found two, (count them people TWO), hospital beds!  They are minifiable now so I could grab them up and start using them pretty darn early in the game.  That was a bountiful find!   

Yes, in two of them there were mechs.  The one that was buried in the mountain had quite a decent number of them but by the time I excavated it we were ready to take them on.

The number of labyrinths are randomly generated - from the xml it looks like we can get as many as 6 ruins, (variations on layouts, size and potential content.)  I am not sure about the mechs though?   They could be added by the Core as the Core tends to add ruins with mechs and cryo caskets during map generation.  Still... Curious to know!
The mechs are also set via the blueprints. It just is random if they are really Spawned at their positions :)

Ectoplasm

Found an amusing little bug when your mod interacts with Fish Industry https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13172.msg133445#msg133445

The cleaning robots haul the little fish to the aqua culture basins rather than the hauling bots (I guess technically though it should only be a pawn as the mod adds the fish skill to the worker tab?).  You add single fishes to to aqua basins, and then they produce more.

(edit, I havent as yet seen a cleaning bot pick up the produce from the basin to take to storage)

edit 2! Just saw a cleaner bot hauling food from a field too. Seems it's not specific to the fish industry.

Lupin III

Quote from: Haplo on September 25, 2015, 02:22:48 PM
Automatic weapon base isn't removed, you just can't build them anymore, you need to buy them ;P
Maybe you should update the first post then. Had me worried I had some incompatibility with another mod until I saw in the XML the research was disabled on purpose.

Kerogui

Is there any chance you could release a version with only the cleaning bot? Pretty please?

Haplo

Quote from: Lupin III on September 27, 2015, 11:45:30 AM
Quote from: Haplo on September 25, 2015, 02:22:48 PM
Maybe you should update the first post then. Had me worried I had some incompatibility with another mod until I saw in the XML the research was disabled on purpose.

Thanks, I've forgotten about that :)

Encrtia

Haplo, just writing to tell you two things.

Firstly, your modification is stupendous - thank you so much for putting together such a wonderful mod. One of my core experiences for RimWorld :)

Secondly, just a thought whilst I'm doing to the rounds on thanking people for their wonderful mods - might I suggest adding a "Thermal Viewing" element to the Tactical Computer? I.e. when pressed, a light overlay of the map shows us the red(hot) to blue(cold) areas of the map without needing to mouse hover everywhere. <- Even without the suggestion, great mod that'll forever be used ;)
~When death is smiling at you, just smile on back.

Lupin III

Do you know of any incompatibility of the turrets with other mods? If I try to mount a weapon on an automatic turret base, I can only mount EMP grenades and all other options of guns I have lying around are grayed out. The only mod I use that changes anything gun related is the combat realism mod.

ratboys

How would i remove every other modification except for the tactical module? Just remove every other file not related to it? I would appreciate it if you separated all these mods into a modpack instead of having them all bunched into one.