[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLHeart

Quote from: redgoatee on October 19, 2015, 08:47:33 PM
Quote from: redgoatee on October 19, 2015, 02:47:50 PM
what am I missing here? I downloaded it brand new from the front page which I assume is the most updated version? and this is the error screen that I get..
http://imgur.com/MyyHBcs

Addendum to this.. when I downloaded it, and extracted it all, my anti-virus said that one of the .dll files was infected.

and that critical dll was never installed, and that is your problem... disable your anti virus, download the mod again, install the mod, and exclude the mods folder from your anti virus software. Then you can turn on the anti virus software again.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: redgoatee on October 19, 2015, 02:47:50 PM
what am I missing here? I downloaded it brand new from the front page which I assume is the most updated version? and this is the error screen that I get..
http://imgur.com/MyyHBcs
Try loading MAI after Misc.

Haplo

It really looks like you're missing the .dll for MAI.
This is the first time that an anti-virus program set a dll of mine under quarantaine.
From where did you download it? MediaFire or Nexus?
Try to download it from the other source, does the program set the dll also under quarantaine?

redgoatee

Quote from: Haplo on October 20, 2015, 03:24:27 AM
It really looks like you're missing the .dll for MAI.
This is the first time that an anti-virus program set a dll of mine under quarantaine.
From where did you download it? MediaFire or Nexus?
Try to download it from the other source, does the program set the dll also under quarantaine?

I downloaded them from what ever the link was on the first page of this topic.. I went into my anti-virus and said restore that file, and it was all fine..

Loki88

My AV program flags probably about 70% of mod .DLL files saying they have no history and are thus "untrusted" so it could just be the age of the file vs the number of users with that file on that particular av network. Its annoying either way.

tigg

I've only just started playing with a12d (used MAI+ robots in 11 previously) but this time around the bots aren't coming up as colonists in any of the lists or even draft them which means I can't restrict where they do/don't go. As per usual, I'm running a boat load of mods but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and pinned down the cause because it sucks to have my bots out cleaning the edge of the map and get gunned down by raiders.

BinaryBlackhole

I can find the automated turret base there's the manned on but not the automated one I did check my research.

cucumpear

Quote from: BinaryBlackhole on October 28, 2015, 01:27:07 AM
I can find the automated turret base there's the manned on but not the automated one I did check my research.
The automated base can be purchased from traders.  :)
This person might poke around in Def folders more than is healthy.
https://github.com/cucumpear

Haplo

Quote from: tigg on October 27, 2015, 06:39:18 PM
I've only just started playing with a12d (used MAI+ robots in 11 previously) but this time around the bots aren't coming up as colonists in any of the lists or even draft them which means I can't restrict where they do/don't go. As per usual, I'm running a boat load of mods but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and pinned down the cause because it sucks to have my bots out cleaning the edge of the map and get gunned down by raiders.

You can manually set them a zone to work in (directly on the info panel of the bot) or do what should normally be done: Select all bases and call your bots back to recharge until it is save to work again. :)

bloodaxis

Would it be at all possible to get the draining pump as its own mod, since I am not incredibly interested in the rest of them, but would really like a way to get rid of those bloody swamps. :D

tigg

Quote from: Haplo on October 28, 2015, 07:07:45 AM
Quote from: tigg on October 27, 2015, 06:39:18 PM

You can manually set them a zone to work in (directly on the info panel of the bot) or do what should normally be done: Select all bases and call your bots back to recharge until it is save to work again. :)

Ah, ok, thanks.

Haplo

Quote from: bloodaxis on November 02, 2015, 03:16:35 PM
Would it be at all possible to get the draining pump as its own mod, since I am not incredibly interested in the rest of them, but would really like a way to get rid of those bloody swamps. :D

I'm sorry, but I don't do seperate mods.
But I can tell you which parts you need for the pump, so you can delete everything else:

../Defs/ThingDefs/Miscellaneous_Buildings_DrainingPump.xml
../Assemblies/Miscellaneous.dll
and maybe
../Languages/English/DefInjected/ThingDef/Miscellaneous_DrainingPump.xml

Nathul

Does the current update of the mod work with A12d savegames?

TLHeart

Quote from: Nathul on November 04, 2015, 12:42:20 PM
Does the current update of the mod work with A12d savegames?

It says A12d right in the title. So yes.

Nathul

Thank u for the answer! Yet, my question was a bit bad. What i mean, i havent played this mod with A12d yet. Do I have to start a new colony or do all features work the moment i turn the mod on?