[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

henk

Hi, I love this mod, MAI and Robots, but I'm desperately looking for a robot that will harvest/grow crops, cook, construct, mine, things like that.

Are you going to add these into the mod or is there a guide or something I can follow so I can add them myself?
Thanks, love the work.

Grimandevil

Quote from: henk on February 27, 2016, 09:13:47 AM
Hi, I love this mod, MAI and Robots, but I'm desperately looking for a robot that will harvest/grow crops, cook, construct, mine, things like that.
but both Mai and MAI capable of doing those tasks. u just need to research it before building one.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

henk

Quote from: Canute on February 27, 2016, 09:48:17 AM
In the Modpack https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16735.0
these robots got expanded to do these job you mention .

awesome thank you.
MVP doesn't use some mods I love, so I just took the robots mod from the .zip file.

bullet

it would be cool if the bots are not finding work, then there returning to its charging station instead idly wandered

Dragoon

I could not see the bill to remove the bionic brainpal from someone. I did see the one to install it however.

I have Brunayla's Security Co but I do not think that affected the human template.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Haplo

Sorry, but right now it isn't possible to remove the brainpals.
Once installed they remain with the person until the end :)

Grimandevil

correction: it IS actually possible (as a glitch\side effect) when installing brain implants from EPOE. i remember having to reinstall brainpals after i stick some AI chips in their heads.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Pactrick Willis

Is this mod compatible with Combat realism? I'm mainly asking if the Turret base in this mod is compatible; Will the weapons I put on them retain there combat realism stats?

Grimandevil

Quote from: Pactrick Willis on March 15, 2016, 03:43:21 PM
Is this mod compatible with Combat realism? I'm mainly asking if the Turret base in this mod is compatible; Will the weapons I put on them retain there combat realism stats?
there is special patch for that on the main page in the OP post. and yes.

branch?

Haplo is there a way for me to create a custom table with same functionality as your Tactical Computer - as in how do I do it?

I'd love it to have the this texture but I'm not sure how to go about it.

how lit was it

Haplo

If you'll replace it you'll loose the joy you can do with it when you place it at a wall, but other than that..

There are a few ways to do this. One way is like this:
-Replace the graphic MainComputer.png in the folder ..\Miscellaneous\Textures\Things\Building\TacticalComputer
-Edit the file ..\Miscellaneous\Defs\ThingDefs\Miscellaneous_Buildings_TacticalComputer.xml
   -> You have to edit the size value to 1, 3?
        <size>(3,3)</size>   ->   <size>(1,3)</size>
-Alternately to replacing the graphics you can also change the path in <texPath> and in <uIconPath> to point to your graphic instead.

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

branch?

I'd like it to be a new piece of furniture that's rotatable. Is there no way possible other than replacing? I'd like it to keep joy so I can place it around in each room.

And I don't mean replacing the huge 3x3 computer either, I'd like that to stay the same no matter what. What i'd like to imitate / copy the joy and functions is the Tactical Computer Terminal but with the texture that mrofa has.
how lit was it

Haplo

If you want to make the terminal extension (the small console) a new object, duplicate the file Miscellaneous_Buildings_TacticalComputerExtension.xml.
Then do the before mentioned changes AND change the <defName> to maybe MyNewComputerTerminal. :)
This way you'll get the new console with all the old functionality.

branch?

how lit was it