[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pktongrimworld

try to have more gold. iirc, the small items thing "feature" is back again.

Deathking9132

I tried playing MAI modes in alpha 12 but i realises that it has lot of balancing issues ,espcialy it needs to have huge power appetite and its cost should about twice as it has right now,afterall u will never lose a battle with five of them against even 20.I advice to make its recharging bed powered like around 3-4k power.

camper0769

Is anyone else getting an error loading a new map?

Loki88

Quote from: camper0769 on April 27, 2016, 06:30:10 PM
Is anyone else getting an error loading a new map?

Are you using prepare carefully? You need the patch from the original post if you do

Hiztaar

Just un idea but target should be movable. So we can relocate them and not break and build everytime :)
"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods

pktongrimworld

trying to convert... robot...into... combat robot... this is hard :D

Demonlord091

I recently started a new colony with the Miscellaneous mods thinking it would be cool to have the features and MAI back again.

Then, after several hours, I started wondering why no events or raids had triggered.

I can't say for sure it's your mods causing this little problem, but I figured you might have some clever ideas since you have to fiddle with these things each time Rimworld gets an update.

I'm an old fan of your work and hope to see more of your beautiful mods as Rimworld continues to advance.

The screenshot file is attached. Thank you for any help you can provide.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

ticattack

Quote from: Demonlord091 on April 28, 2016, 05:10:44 AM
I recently started a new colony with the Miscellaneous mods thinking it would be cool to have the features and MAI back again.

Then, after several hours, I started wondering why no events or raids had triggered.

I can't say for sure it's your mods causing this little problem, but I figured you might have some clever ideas since you have to fiddle with these things each time Rimworld gets an update.

I'm an old fan of your work and hope to see more of your beautiful mods as Rimworld continues to advance.

The screenshot file is attached. Thank you for any help you can provide.
I'm having what appears to be the same issue - events and raids fired normally for the first couple of hours, then stopped. No traders - on foot or by ship - have turned up. The only "event" I'm getting is an occasional "X has broken down and needs components".

I'm running a few other mods (mostly smaller, individual items), so I wasn't sure which might be causing it, but if Demonlord is having the issue with only this mod, and it's not a general game issue, then there might be something going on.

Haplo

Hmm, it looks like the pawn maker has problems generating a pawn.
Normally the storyteller should never use Mai to be generated and even if, I don't think it would cause these problems..
Can you provide the full output_log.txt, please? The displayed error doesn't really give any indication what may be the problem.. And maybe a savegame I can look through?
Please zip it and it should be small enough for the 600kb limitation of the forum.

ticattack

I can do so, but I'll need to work out where the output files are saved first. A savegame I can provide, but I'm running quite a few small mods, so it may be of limited use. I'd be curious if Demonlord091 (or anyone else experiencing this issue) is running other mods, see if there's any overlap.

I'll try to find the output_log.txt file and post it when I do.

hoochy

I'm getting events, but I'm only using misc, robots and MAI. I'm getting no "robot trader" events though, in another mod I used to get them and they mostly dealt with robotic type stuff. Not sure if default robots mod has them or not. A couple exotic traders had some cleaner bots but I've basically never seen them except one time in about 6 hours of game play.

zeppelin17

I tried searching for an answer but I couldn't find one... I was hoping someone could help me. It's about nano storage. Do the items stored inside the nano storage unit count for the orbital trade beacon trading? For example if I have 500 gold on the bottom or middle stacks or something and some cloth or crappy clothing also in there, will the 500 gold be trade-able?

Hermit

I'd love a way to restrict the robots to an area. Would it be possible to have them show up in the list along with pawns / animals?

Hammurapie

Is it possible to create a compatibility patch with Combat Realism? It's latest version is all sorts of awesome, with ammunition and such. I tried to enable both, but MAI ofcourse doesn't have the inventory system, and worse, she also stops working on jobs with CR and just sleeps and walks.

hoochy

Quote from: Hermit on April 28, 2016, 02:02:29 PM
I'd love a way to restrict the robots to an area. Would it be possible to have them show up in the list along with pawns / animals?

You can use areas in the base game to restrict them.

With one of the interface mods (not sure if available for alpha 13) you could also create squads to easily switch between certain colonists.