[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demonlord091

Quote from: ticattack on April 28, 2016, 06:35:58 AM
I can do so, but I'll need to work out where the output files are saved first. A savegame I can provide, but I'm running quite a few small mods, so it may be of limited use. I'd be curious if Demonlord091 (or anyone else experiencing this issue) is running other mods, see if there's any overlap.

I'll try to find the output_log.txt file and post it when I do.

Username>AppData>LocalLow>LudeonLow>Ludeon Studios>Rimworld>Saves   is where the output log is located on Windows 7.

I am indeed using an unpleasant amount of mods, so as I said I can't be sure it's this one that's causing the problem. It was around 5am or so when I posted my last message, so I'll take another look at it to see what I can dig up.

My log file should be attached as well as my (mostly) unchanged save file.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Luroshard

Quote from: Haplo on May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM
Turret: Weapon Base
   A new weapon base, where you can install the weapon of your choice

This right here is the bees knees.

Haplo

Quote from: hoochy on April 28, 2016, 08:05:46 AM
I'm getting events, but I'm only using misc, robots and MAI. I'm getting no "robot trader" events though, in another mod I used to get them and they mostly dealt with robotic type stuff. Not sure if default robots mod has them or not. A couple exotic traders had some cleaner bots but I've basically never seen them except one time in about 6 hours of game play.
The robot trader is most likely only available as an interstellar trader. I'm not sure right now if he can be a ground trader..

Quote from: zeppelin17 on April 28, 2016, 12:32:40 PM
I tried searching for an answer but I couldn't find one... I was hoping someone could help me. It's about nano storage. Do the items stored inside the nano storage unit count for the orbital trade beacon trading? For example if I have 500 gold on the bottom or middle stacks or something and some cloth or crappy clothing also in there, will the 500 gold be trade-able?
Most likely not, as the gold isn't inside a vanilla kind of storage. Sorry, but I don't think it will be a valid object for the traders.

Quote from: hoochy on April 28, 2016, 11:08:42 PM
Quote from: Hermit on April 28, 2016, 02:02:29 PM
I'd love a way to restrict the robots to an area. Would it be possible to have them show up in the list along with pawns / animals?

You can use areas in the base game to restrict them.

With one of the interface mods (not sure if available for alpha 13) you could also create squads to easily switch between certain colonists.

You can restrict them directly. Just click on their area in the description window and you can set their area. It isn't in the overview as it would appear in all overviews and I don't want to grant access to the work settings ;)

Quote from: Luroshard on April 29, 2016, 01:38:40 AM
This I don't understand, sorry..

Quote from: Hammurapie on April 28, 2016, 08:53:22 PM
Is it possible to create a compatibility patch with Combat Realism? It's latest version is all sorts of awesome, with ammunition and such. I tried to enable both, but MAI ofcourse doesn't have the inventory system, and worse, she also stops working on jobs with CR and just sleeps and walks.
Possible, yes. Anytime soon, most likely not, as it isn't easy with all the changes CR does lately. It was already hard in a 12 and now...

Goldenpotatoes

Quote from: Haplo on April 29, 2016, 09:22:51 AM
Quote from: Luroshard on April 29, 2016, 01:38:40 AM
This I don't understand, sorry..

K'now, the cat's pajama's, the cat's whiskers, the eel's ankle, the elephant's instep, the snake's hip, or my favorite; the capybara's spats.

Or in non-1920's terms, pretty cool.

Man, early 1900's had some weird people.

Hermit

Quote from: Haplo on April 29, 2016, 09:22:51 AM
Quote from: hoochy on April 28, 2016, 11:08:42 PM
Quote from: Hermit on April 28, 2016, 02:02:29 PM
I'd love a way to restrict the robots to an area. Would it be possible to have them show up in the list along with pawns / animals?
You can use areas in the base game to restrict them.
With one of the interface mods (not sure if available for alpha 13) you could also create squads to easily switch between certain colonists.
You can restrict them directly. Just click on their area in the description window and you can set their area. It isn't in the overview as it would appear in all overviews and I don't want to grant access to the work settings ;)

Ah. I didn't notice that there. That's better than nothing. I guess I can understand the work settings issue. Too bad there wasn't a combination of traits that'd permit only the appropriate work. I've got about 35 bots, and it is a pain to hunt them all down during a raid to change their area, then do it again after the raid. So much easier to open the restrictions and animals menus and with a click and drag, set all of them.

Hiztaar

Hey Haplo.

There is a bug with traders. If you want to still have your orbital trader you should add <orbital>true</orbital> to your traderkindDef or else it will be a random caravan which has little chance to be yours...
"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods

dareddevil7

Haplo

Quote from: Hiztaar on April 29, 2016, 06:25:56 PM
Hey Haplo.

There is a bug with traders. If you want to still have your orbital trader you should add <orbital>true</orbital> to your traderkindDef or else it will be a random caravan which has little chance to be yours...
Thank you for the info. I have missed that one.
Will add it in the next release, thanks :)

Quote from: Hermit on April 29, 2016, 06:00:30 PM
Ah. I didn't notice that there. That's better than nothing. I guess I can understand the work settings issue. Too bad there wasn't a combination of traits that'd permit only the appropriate work. I've got about 35 bots, and it is a pain to hunt them all down during a raid to change their area, then do it again after the raid. So much easier to open the restrictions and animals menus and with a click and drag, set all of them.
Actually there is an easier way for attacks: select all your recharge stations and press the recall button. After the attack just restart them :)

Maitri

Unsure if this is a widespread problem but I cannot create new worlds with Miscellaneous Map Generator turned on.

You click 'generate' and then it just blinks and goes back to the world generator screen, creating nothing. With this turned off, it works fine. Took me a while to identify it.

Haplo

Quote from: Demonlord091 on April 29, 2016, 01:30:03 AM
Quote from: ticattack on April 28, 2016, 06:35:58 AM
I can do so, but I'll need to work out where the output files are saved first. A savegame I can provide, but I'm running quite a few small mods, so it may be of limited use. I'd be curious if Demonlord091 (or anyone else experiencing this issue) is running other mods, see if there's any overlap.

I'll try to find the output_log.txt file and post it when I do.

Username>AppData>LocalLow>LudeonLow>Ludeon Studios>Rimworld>Saves   is where the output log is located on Windows 7.

I am indeed using an unpleasant amount of mods, so as I said I can't be sure it's this one that's causing the problem. It was around 5am or so when I posted my last message, so I'll take another look at it to see what I can dig up.

My log file should be attached as well as my (mostly) unchanged save file.

Sorry it took me a while to take a look at your files.
From my look at it you have multiple problems with your mods:
-Follow Me throws an error
d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=6001 w=1 h=1 mips=3 d3dfmt=21 [invalid call]
I AM NOW HERE:
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at FollowMe.Bootstrap+<>c.<.ctor>b__0_0()
   at Verse.LongEventHandler.ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
   at Verse.LongEventHandler.UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
   at Verse.LongEventHandler.LongEventsUpdate()
   at Verse.Root.RootUpdate()
   at Verse.RootEntry.RootUpdate()
   at Verse.RootGameObject.Update()

Multiple errors from the CommunityCoreLibrary:
Exception spawning loaded thing ElectricSmelter360955: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.CompPowerLowIdleDraw.get_LowPowerMode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.Detour._CompGlower._ShouldBeLitNow (Verse.CompGlower obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.CompGlower.PostSpawnSetup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.SpawnSetup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Building.SpawnSetup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Building_WorkTable.SpawnSetup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenSpawn.Spawn (Verse.Thing newThing, IntVec3 loc, Rot4 rot) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.MapIniter_LoadFromFile.InitMapFromFile (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This one really is problematic to identify as the iterator brings a null result. But why? Don't know..
System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
  at System.Linq.Check.SourceAndPredicate (System.Object source, System.Object predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Where[PawnGroupMaker] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnGroupMakerUtility+<GenerateArrivingPawns>c__IteratorAE.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Pawn].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Pawn]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[Pawn] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_NeutralGroup.SpawnPawns (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_VisitorGroup.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentQueue.IncidentQueueTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I've made a change to your savegame. Can you try this please?
There where incidents queued at the storyteller which I think shouldnt be there..
Right now I am too lazy to get all your mods :)

Haplo

Quote from: Maitri on April 30, 2016, 07:54:31 PM
Unsure if this is a widespread problem but I cannot create new worlds with Miscellaneous Map Generator turned on.

You click 'generate' and then it just blinks and goes back to the world generator screen, creating nothing. With this turned off, it works fine. Took me a while to identify it.
Hmm, I don't know what could be the problem there..
Can you post your output_log.txt file from after you've tried it, please?
You can find it in the folder RimWorld/RimWorldXXXWin_Data/

UPDATE:
I've updated MAI and Robots. This is only a small update to fix the robot trader.
Big thank you to Hiztaar for finding it :)

Furthermore I fixed a ?possible? savegame-breaking bug in Incidents.
This may be the reason why Demonlord091 and ticattack have a destroyed savegame.
The problem is that incidents fires the incident to spawn a new visitor if there isn't anyone nearby.
This spawning was faulty by allowing the colony faction to be a valid faction. This is a problem for the incident handler..
Thanks to Demonlord091 I could identify this big mistake.

I recommend everyone using Misc. Incidents to update to the newest version asap!

Sorry for the inconveniences.  :-[

If you have a savegame that doesn't load because of Incidents, please post it and I'll try to repair it.

If you want, you can also do it yourself:
- open the savegame with a text editor (like notepad++)
- search for <storyteller>
- In there delete all entries in <queuedIncidents> so that it looks like this:
<incidentQueue>
<queuedIncidents />
</incidentQueue>

-save and try to load the game

Galleg

Hilarious! I just bought a cleaning droid and it had a negative mood for beeing naked, so I just gave him tribalwear and now it's happy.

dj84722

My MAI's don't respond to the clothing assignments they will only wear clothing using the force wear command and won't remove items automatically below the set wear threshold.
Is this something you haven't been able program into them or something you have overlooked?

Haplo

No, this is something that I've intentionally removed.
Mai will for now not actively search for clothes. It will only wear clothes you force her to wear :P

Der Failer

So that is a thing... :)
(see atachment)