[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Quote from: tresflores on May 03, 2016, 09:30:34 PM
been a fan of misc for awhile now but i jut tried out the incident mod and sent some people out to a slaver camp and they never came back not even under colonist tab.i there a way u or i can fix this

Can you post me your savegame please? Normally they should return after the defined amount of time. I had a bug where they didn't return, but that bug should be fixed with the new version.
If you give me your savegame (7-zip or zip it, so that it fits the 600kb limit) I can take a look if you still have the bug. Also can you tell me which version of incident you have? You can see it in the mod tab.

Quote from: Rock5 on May 04, 2016, 07:00:25 AM
Quote from: Canute on May 04, 2016, 03:29:42 AM
Or at the case of the slaver.
The slaver comes instead the pawn and offer to release the pawn(s) for some silver.
I like it, a hostage situation.

And he comes with backup and you have to make the choice between paying the silver, refusing and loosing the colonist or attacking the slaver and rescuing the colonist.
I'm always open for new scenarios for the rumors. I just have too little time to implement them yet, as there is a bunch of other stuff that needs to be done first. But I'll make me some notes and it might be in one of the later updates :)

hector212121

Might I suggest adding 'lil gunbots packing the equivalent of a pistol?

Maybe with a more costly, but advanced base, capable of controlling a single gunbot that it can fabricate when supplied with 3-5 components and 50-100 steel?

tresflores

sorry i didnt see the update that probobly the reason i had a backup fie so it didnt bother me to much

silverskin

I think I'm getting a problem with the training objects. I don't really understand this stuff but it looks like the pawns are trying to go have fun training their gun skills but there are no training objects to use. I haven't built any.

So they're just standing around trying to go and train on something that doesn't exist. It slows the hell out of my game when they do this. That null argument just rackets up to high numbers.

I dunno what this means. Just looks like a bit of an issue. Pawns usually only go looking to use something that exists, right?

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

silverskin

Actually, disregard that theory. I just tested it by building some shooting targets, something I should have done before posting. Didn't change anything. Still getting the same exact error in the picture I attached to my previous post.

zeppelin17

Separate question, since the nano storage doesn't allow stacked items to be sold, can I just construct nano storage, put 10 items inside, and then deconstruct it? will the stacked items still be able to be sold then?

Chibiabos

Gardnerbot doesn't seem to be working :/  I bought it, activated it, it launched and is meandering, but isn't harvesting any plants despite there being plenty ready to harvest, and isn't planting, either.  It just wandering about :/
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

dj84722

Quote from: Chibiabos on May 06, 2016, 02:03:11 AM
Gardnerbot doesn't seem to be working :/  I bought it, activated it, it launched and is meandering, but isn't harvesting any plants despite there being plenty ready to harvest, and isn't planting, either.  It just wandering about :/

garden bots can only do the cut plants job, crops fall under the grow job.  they will cut down or harvest all marked plants and trees that are not on a growing zone

Commander Blackwatch

Mod are great and awesome
no Errors

MAI = Great
Robot = Great
Training facility = Great
Incidents = Great
Core = Great

Best Mod Keep a Perfect Work

100/100  ;D
"When we hunt, we kill!
No one is safe!
Nothing is sacred!
We are Blackwatch!
We are the last line of defense!
We will burn our own to hold the red line,
it is the last line to ever hold!"
―The Blackwatch

Shabazza

Small Bug: Colonist can and will use the charging station of MAI to sleep instead of an accessible normal bed.

http://i.imgur.com/JwxbUSt.jpg

Haplo

Quote from: Fluff_Thorrent on May 02, 2016, 03:55:46 PM
Sure, here you go :) I didn't have it recorded earlier but it managed to reproduce itself. Looking at the log, it would seem as though "pawn" or "targetThing" is the problem, as it complains about it not being an instance of an object when the building tries to issue the "joy activity" to Sari.

Update:
I was a few days not available but finally could look into the Training Facilities problem.
There was a bug with the check if the person even had a weapon or was anti-violent.
Now I've added the check. You still can force the anti-violents to shoot if you want, but they don't shoot for joy anymore :)
I've also increased the health points of the objects a bit, so that they can handle even a few heavy shots before they are destroyed.
Please download and use the new Training Facility.

Quote from: Shabazza on May 06, 2016, 10:16:14 AM
Small Bug: Colonist can and will use the charging station of MAI to sleep instead of an accessible normal bed.

http://i.imgur.com/JwxbUSt.jpg
Sorry, but that is something that I can't easily fix.
As the charging station is effectively a bed, every colonist can claim and use it.
You have to re-designate it to your MAI if a colonist has already claimed it.

OverTheRanbow

My Mai Robots won't wear clothing available themselves, and must use force wear for them to wear anything. Is this a unintended bug?

Vuursteen

I try to add bot with worktypedef cooking in robot xtension and receive error that this worktype is disable. Is there a way to add bot with this worktypedef?

Haplo

Quote from: Vuursteen on May 08, 2016, 02:55:20 AM
I try to add bot with worktypedef cooking in robot xtension and receive error that this worktype is disable. Is there a way to add bot with this worktypedef?

Here is the description about how to find the correct number for the worktype:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.msg209787#msg209787

Quote from: OverTheRanbow on May 08, 2016, 02:32:16 AM
My Mai Robots won't wear clothing available themselves, and must use force wear for them to wear anything. Is this a unintended bug?
That is intentional. Mai doesn't auto equip anything anymore. You need to force her to wear the wanted clothes.

Commander Blackwatch

Awesome Mai Robot

MAI Robot is most useful
and the cleaner,Haul,garden cut robot
Please make a Builder Robot
and Thank you for the mod this is a very helpful
"When we hunt, we kill!
No one is safe!
Nothing is sacred!
We are Blackwatch!
We are the last line of defense!
We will burn our own to hold the red line,