[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galleg

Quote from: Haplo on May 14, 2016, 05:18:45 PM
Here is the specific info you're searching for :)
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.msg215398#msg215398

Thanks Haplo!

Just one last thing... there are like 1000 pages one my save files. Were would that <storyteller> be? Near the end or the top of the document? I'm just getting blind reading the file, never done something like this before.
Thanks Again!

Haplo

I recommend using notepad++ and using the search function.
Reading by hand is much to hard because of the size :)

Alternately zip and post your save and I'll take a look :)

Quote from: PapaDookie on May 14, 2016, 10:13:05 PM
yep i have all "beds" plus 3 "medibeds" for the robots all with assemblers with the full stack of plasteel in each and has been a year in game now....
That does sound like there is a bug with the repairing.. I'll take a look at it..

PS: Good luck for your happy couple ;)

hector212121

Would it be possible to get stuffed versions of the rechargers? I only ask because I have GT installed and, well, alpha poly recharging station would mean 660% rest eff for MAI.

Haplo

Quote from: hector212121 on May 15, 2016, 09:26:31 AM
Would it be possible to get stuffed versions of the rechargers? I only ask because I have GT installed and, well, alpha poly recharging station would mean 660% rest eff for MAI.
Sorry I don't know which mod you mean with GT? Can you tell me the full name, GT doesn't ring anything right now..
And what has the recharge station to do with it?

UPDATE
There was indeed a problem with the rebuilding of MAIs internal components.
That and the thought Shielding Error should again work correctly with the newest version :)

hector212121

Quote from: Canute on May 15, 2016, 01:18:36 PM
GT + Alpha poly = glittertech, with a 660% rest eff his MAI just need a min at night to rechange and can work longer.

Bingo. But I did already post that. XD

Haplo

Ah, now.. So if you could make a recharge station out of a stuff named Alpha Poly the rest effectiveness would be increased to 660%?
This would be a problem with the Nano Assembler. As the assembling only happends every x Ticks, this could mean that it ould never hit, as MAI is never long enough in her station..
So, no, I won't make it out of stuff :P
If you really wanna have it, you can do it yourself. You just need to replace the following to the xml file for the Recharge Station (Defs/ThingDefs/AIPawn_Buildings_RechargeStation.xml):

Original:

<costList>
<Steel>55</Steel>
</costList>

New:

<costList>
        <Steel>20</Steel>
    </costList>
    <stuffCategories>
      <li>Metallic</li>
      <li>Woody</li>
      <li>Stony</li>
    </stuffCategories>
    <costStuffCount>35</costStuffCount>

This should work..

PapaDookie

Quote from: Haplo on May 15, 2016, 12:49:39 PM
UPDATE
There was indeed a problem with the rebuilding of MAIs internal components.
That and the thought Shielding Error should again work correctly with the newest version :)

so just download lastest version and copy it over old stuff and keep on playing ?

*edit* just copied over old files and loaded game. first recharge period and all my Mai's fixed themselves so whatever ya changed worked a charm*

and since you were concerned for them. here's the happy couple on their big day with all their friends including the hauler and cleaner bots to wish them well.

Dragoon

Quote from: PapaDookie on May 15, 2016, 06:16:33 PM
-snip-

What is this blasphemy is this about robot marriage? Who gave them such rights??? XD
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Rock5

What happened? Did Mai 4 get kicked to the curb?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

PapaDookie

ah whoops. i showed th wrong robot marriage :D. i now have 2 married robot couples. a set of basic Mai's and a set of enhaced MAI's that have gotten married

Cabraca

i build a nano ki assambler or so where MAi get build and start the building process but no one carry the items to them:-/

all had haulpriority 1

Zorathex

One of my colonists was just insulted by a cleaner robot, this caused a social fight, at the end of the fight the cleaner robot died and exploded, taking the colonist with it. also caught in the explosion was another colonist, named Sammy, and the door to Sammy's bedroom room, which was completely destroyed.

Haplo

Quote from: Cabraca on May 17, 2016, 06:04:41 PM
i build a nano ki assambler or so where MAi get build and start the building process but no one carry the items to them:-/

all had haulpriority 1
Make sure that you have enough resources. Especially the gold x20 part if you're creating a normal Mai.

Quote from: Zorathex on May 17, 2016, 06:12:09 PM
One of my colonists was just insulted by a cleaner robot, this caused a social fight, at the end of the fight the cleaner robot died and exploded, taking the colonist with it. also caught in the explosion was another colonist, named Sammy, and the door to Sammy's bedroom room, which was completely destroyed.
Hmm, that's not good.. I'm thinking about removing the explosion part from the robots..

Zorathex

Quote from: Zorathex on May 17, 2016, 06:12:09 PM

Quote from: Haplo on May 18, 2016, 02:05:24 AM
Hmm, that's not good.. I'm thinking about removing the explosion part from the robots..

Don't do that, I found the whole predicament to be quite amusing, also as it turns out, the colonist who died was Sammy husband. It was very useful, as I needed my colony to fall, so I could break away from it and make a new one that will allow newer mods, and I'll definitely be using this mod for that colony as well.  :D