[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Quote from: Selonianth on July 30, 2016, 06:56:56 AM
Was playing and noticed that my fps was randomly dropping to pitiful levels. Opened the debug console, had the attached error there, over and over and over again for each of the haulbots. Not *positive* it was causing the issue with fps, but everytime after that when I checked the console during a slowdown I had about 7-8 errors (roughly the number of haulbots). Also attached is my m-odorder, if you're aware of any incompatibilities.

These are only warnings. I haven't seen them yet on my personal testing ground, but this is only a warning, that the saving may not be optimal. It has no other relevance. It may cause a problem when loading your savegame, but I haven't heard of any load errors so far.

BlueFreakQ

Quote from: Stormysunrise on July 31, 2016, 03:03:12 PM
I can try to make some more sprites for you if you want :)

Oh cool, sure.  I'd certainly welcome the help.  My art is not great, haha. 

Haplo

Update 0.14.5:
I've updated all files because I've rebuild the assemblies against the newly released alpha 14e.
I'm not sure it really was neccessary, but as it was recommended, here it is. The new version :)

Seikikai

I Dunno If It's Because The Mod Itself Or Another Mod But In My Town The Things Are So Fucked Up...Cleaner Bots Hauling Things, Hauler Bots Collecting Water From Wells And Refining Crystals, And Gardener Bots Building Things Or Perfoming Surgeries ( o_o)

viktoria.s

Quote from: Haplo on August 01, 2016, 02:46:23 PM
Update 0.14.5:
I've updated all files because I've rebuild the assemblies against the newly released alpha 14e.
I'm not sure it really was neccessary, but as it was recommended, here it is. The new version :)
Will you please upload these to NexusMods as well? (I prefer download it from there instead of mediafire.) Thanks in advance.

Haplo

Ok, will do when I am at my computer.
Seems like I'm going to be forgetful in my old ages ;)

harpo99999

so you are claiming to have one of the younger diseases, ie old timers disease

Haplo

I'm claiming to be rather forgetful, yes. But I'm not claiming to be an old timer yet ;-P

top_hat_tomato

Heh... MAI & Mai 3 are getting married soon. Wonder how this mod will change if human reproduction is implemented. I'd think that you'd just force a condition a body part to prevent it though.

deliveryservice

the Minerbot seems like it's crawling backward when moving horizontally on map.

Elysium

Sorry if this has been discussed before but for training, is it possible to add a bill or some type of mock hunting work type to cause pawns to train independently?  As far as I understand, the way it works currently is they only use these objects if you either force them or they decide to use them for joy.  While this does work fine for the most part, I would love it if I could just set a work priority through hunting or some other work type.  You could also add support for the work tabs mod to prevent pawns from going off hunting when all you really wanted them to do was train.  ItchyFlea's mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10623.msg105052#msg105052 does something very similar to this but I much prefer the way your mod handles training as it actually causes pawns to use their weapons.  I looked into doing this myself but it seems too advanced for my current capabilities.  I don't even know if what I am asking is possible with the way the game works but part of me is hoping it is.

dino332

Quote from: BlueFreakQ on July 27, 2016, 12:17:37 AM
It's close, but ironically enough - it's the Discipline Bot that's throwing errors.  It seems to actually tame/train and interact with prisoners, but each time it throws a null reference exception.  The game also displays "Need Warden" - even when the bot is engaging a prisoner.  This is my first attempt at Rimworld modding, so I could be doing any number of things wrong.

The error I keep getting is below.  As it is now, as long as you don't use the Discipline Bot you should be fine, if anyone wants to test it out, or take a look at where i went wrong.

Download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2aHzTmRN09CdFVoSkhlZS1GbVU

Description:
This mod expands on the Misc. Robots addon by Haplo_X1 (and initially expanded by Neonod) and as such it does require Misc. Core and Misc. Robots as dependencies.

Adds a bot for each skill type.  Miner and Crafter bots no longer construct/repair.  Gardner bot now replants.

Robots added: (All bots below now flick switches. Skill 4)
Gardener Bot (Planting and Plantcutting. Skill 4)
Crafting Bot (General crafter: Crafting/Smithing/Tailor. Skill 4)
Mining Bot (Mining. Skill 4)
Emergency Response/Medical Bot (Rescues and treats patients, fights fires. Not flammable. Skill 4)
Discipline Bot (Manage, feed, chat with, and recruit prisoners as well as tame and train animals. Skill 4)
***Discipline Bot is currently misbehaving
Construction Bot (Construct and Repair. Skill 4)
Hunter Bot (Hunt designated animals. skill 6) - Need to manually assign a weapon
Cooking Bot (Cook Simple meals, butchers. Skill 4)

Recipe's added to machining table - each cost 250 steel and 10 components.

Next:
Customize art so each is unique/distinguishable
Research for more advanced models (including Hauler and Cleaner)
Add in said advanced models (better/faster, more skilled, but not as good as MAI)

All credit to Haplo_X1 for artwork and gardener bot from their Misc. Robots Xtension mod sample.

Thanks to Neonod, who's expansion I used as a basis.

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Discipline Bot, Job=PrisonerAttemptRecruit A=Thing_Human37518, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Toils_Interpersonal+<WaitToBeAbleToInteract>c__AnonStorey1EF.<>m__BD () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

I tried to used the grower bot, but they just stand there. Some things I noticed were that they would grow perfectly fine, but as soon as any plant reaches maturity and is ready to harvest, they stop doing what they are doing and just stand there. If you block off (forbid, build walls) the plants that have reached maturity, they continue growing, but the same problems comes again when another plant grows fully. I tried recruiting/unrecruiting them, letting them run out of charge (they go back to their stations and recharge, but when they "wake up" they just stand there. Not even wander), and placing new ones w/ god mode. Its seems to be a problem with harvesting. The debug log shows this:

Gardener bot threw exception while determining job (main)

Any ideas?

EDIT: The mining bot does the same thing. I am playing with hardcore sk modpack 3.0.

Seikikai

I'm Having A Problem With The Robots Mod. When Robot Pawns Are In Charge Stations The Game Reset The Pawn. It Usually Happens After Some Days. I Have A Couple Of Robots That Should Be Restricted To An Area And Due This Bug The Restriction Disappears.

Tysdal

They are supposed to keep the skills they gain? I figured they were supposed to be cheap labour set to a static "4" skill.

Also, do the helper robots and the MAI count as colonists ingame? To the storyteller and such i mean? If i build 50 hauling bots, will i get gangbanged by a billion raiders even though i have no more then 4 pawns?

Thank you so much for the mod, Haplo=) Cant play without it anymore, so annoying watching colonists totally disregard hauling and letting stuff they NEED waste. Gotta manually tell em to "please take that food there with you back".

Seikikai

Quote from: Tysdal on August 14, 2016, 06:57:43 AM
They are supposed to keep the skills they gain? I figured they were supposed to be cheap labour set to a static "4" skill.

Also, do the helper robots and the MAI count as colonists ingame? To the storyteller and such i mean? If i build 50 hauling bots, will i get gangbanged by a billion raiders even though i have no more then 4 pawns?

I Used This Mod In A13 And Yeah, The Robots Keep The Experience. Also The Could Keep Apparel And Weapons Without Problem.

I Think That MAI Does But Dunno About Robots. Them Can Interact In Some Things Like Comms Console Or Assist To Weedings So Probably Robots Will Count.