[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SynsPlayground

Perhaps I am just derping... but I cant seem to get the Automatic AI assembler to work properly, my pawns put the silver in it but wont put the steel and theres no option to make them, not sure if this is intended or something broke lol
Sadism Isnt All Fun And Games, At Least Not For You, I'm Having A Ball! -A Sadist You've Never Seen(Syns)

StormySunrise

Quote from: SynsPlayground on August 14, 2016, 05:59:17 PM
Perhaps I am just derping... but I cant seem to get the Automatic AI assembler to work properly, my pawns put the silver in it but wont put the steel and theres no option to make them, not sure if this is intended or something broke lol

Once you hit start and the assembler gets enough materials the assembler will assemble a MAI where you can install it some where like a piece of furniture and activate it using a bill command.

It might just be sitting n your stockpile

AMetalGear

So in game my colony has done research for AI's personality parts, but I don't know how to create 'personality cores' I can't seem to find how to do so in this thread or in game.
And as for the mini robots, can a player not build those either?

I'm silly, I figured out most of it. Except how to get personality cores. Still don't know how to get those.

harpo99999

either the ship drops(poison & psycic) assuming you win or traders

Lady Wolf

Just curious if there's going to be a Combat Realism compatible version of this for A14?

(I really love this mod, but currently I need to use non CR weapons for my MAI units for them to properly fight.)

Haplo

Most likely not, sorry.
Currently I'm investing my free time completely into No Man's Sky, so there is just not enough time in a day for me.
I'm not 100% sure yet, but most likely it will not come for the A14 version..

CannibarRechter

Upon loading the game, there's a series of these in the log file:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Could not resolve reference to object with loadID Thing_AIRobot_Hauler156295 of type Verse.Pawn. Was it compressed away, destroyed, had no ID number, or not saved/loaded right?

This has been a frequent thing in the game for a while, which I have ignored. However, this started happening recently at the Comms Console when attempting to trade as well. The trade window won't open as a result. Game over.

I also find this in the log file:

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Gregory-Heap, Job=UseCommsConsole A=Thing_CommsConsole163298, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.TradeUtility.TradeAsOne (Verse.Thing a, Verse.Thing b) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal.TradeableMatching (Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal.AddToTradeables (Verse.Thing t, Transactor trans) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal.AddAllTradeables () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal.Reset () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeSession.SetupWith (ITrader newTrader, Verse.Pawn newPlayerNegotiator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeShip.TryOpenComms (Verse.Pawn negotiator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobDriver_UseCommsConsole+<MakeNewToils>c__Iterator3A.<>m__A7 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The trader is a Robot Trader....

Further update. I tried chashing down the occurances of the robot ("Thing_AIRobot_Hauler156295 ") in the save file. Where it occurred, it appeared to be in the TaleDef ("WorkedNaked," specifically). Deleting it just moved the exception to a different robots TaleDef. So I took about 20 minutes and deleted all the tale defs for the robots.

That generated a different lot of exceptions, which may be tied to the binary data. I ran out of time this morning and had to go to work.

p.s. my CCL is current. My robots distro is current.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Nomonk

Hey peops!

Thanks for an awesome mod so far, works wonders!

I do however have an issue, i sent two of my colonists out to chase a "rumour of" incident.

And they havent returned, and probably wont, in the savegame it seems like they´re still on the quest.

Any ideas what to edit to make the event end?

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Nomonk on August 18, 2016, 08:37:19 AM
I sent two of my colonists out to chase a "rumour of" incident.

And they havent returned, and probably wont, in the savegame it seems like they´re still on the quest.

Any ideas what to edit to make the event end?

Those quests can take an entire season sometimes, but they've always returned eventually, you might want to just fast forward time for a season and see if they do return? (Once/IF they do you can always reload the save before the time fast forward since you'll know they're not bugged.)

Nomonk

Quote from: Lady Wolf on August 18, 2016, 09:04:00 AM

Those quests can take an entire season sometimes, but they've always returned eventually, you might want to just fast forward time for a season and see if they do return? (Once/IF they do you can always reload the save before the time fast forward since you'll know they're not bugged.)

That was a fast answer :) I'm quite sure it´s been a few seasons, still "early" in the game, so fast-forward a lot, and it´s been ages.
I read a few other post about pretty much the same issue, but didnt really find a solution.

BG-0

Quote from: SynsPlayground on August 14, 2016, 05:59:17 PM

Hey, I think you have your steel in a stockpile with Critical priority and that's why your colonists won't haul it to the Assembler (which acts as a critical stockpile for the purpose of getting the materials hauled into it.) Change your steel stockpiles to Important or lower and they'll haul the steel in the assembler and it'll get going.

E: On another note... How am I supposed to rescue downed MAIs? Every single time an MAI gets downed in a fight, I have someone rescue them, only to have them mysteriously explode where they were previously downed. Should I just leave them lying there to self-heal? Can they regenerate limbs to get up while not in a charge station with nanite assembler?

Haplo

Quote from: Nomonk on August 18, 2016, 09:20:31 AM
Quote from: Lady Wolf on August 18, 2016, 09:04:00 AM

That was a fast answer :) I'm quite sure it´s been a few seasons, still "early" in the game, so fast-forward a lot, and it´s been ages.
I read a few other post about pretty much the same issue, but didnt really find a solution.

If you've found them in the save file, take a look at what the variable <Active> of the component 'MapComponent_ColonistsOutsideMap_RumorOf' they are in is saying. Is it 'True'?
There is sometimes a case where the variable is set to false, which will result in them never to return (or when the next Rumor is starting). Just set <Active> to True and set the <returnTicks> to 100 so they'll soon return.

Nomonk

Quote from: Haplo on August 18, 2016, 02:21:40 PM
If you've found them in the save file, take a look at what the variable <Active> of the component 'MapComponent_ColonistsOutsideMap_RumorOf' they are in is saying. Is it 'True'?
There is sometimes a case where the variable is set to false, which will result in them never to return (or when the next Rumor is starting). Just set <Active> to True and set the <returnTicks> to 100 so they'll soon return.

Thanks for the fast help mate, appreciate it!

Looked into the savegame, it says it´s active, and whenever i change the returnticks, reload, then save again, it´s reset to a high number.

Class="Incidents.MapComponent_ColonistsOutsideMap_RumorOf">
<Active>True</Active>
<ExitMapCell>(63, 0, 0)</ExitMapCell>
<returnTicks>190904</returnTicks>
<autoDeactivateTicks>115</autoDeactivateTicks>
<PawnsOutOfMap>

This is how it looks like, despite trying to put the <returnTicks> further down. Does it have anything <autoDeactivateTicks> to do?

Griffith

Quote from: Nomonk on August 18, 2016, 04:19:02 PM
Quote from: Haplo on August 18, 2016, 02:21:40 PM

Thanks for the fast help mate, appreciate it!

Looked into the savegame, it says it´s active, and whenever i change the returnticks, reload, then save again, it´s reset to a high number.

Class="Incidents.MapComponent_ColonistsOutsideMap_RumorOf">
<Active>True</Active>
<ExitMapCell>(63, 0, 0)</ExitMapCell>
<returnTicks>190904</returnTicks>
<autoDeactivateTicks>115</autoDeactivateTicks>
<PawnsOutOfMap>

This is how it looks like, despite trying to put the <returnTicks> further down. Does it have anything <autoDeactivateTicks> to do?

Im having the exact same problem. Set it to 100 down from 67k, it reset to 160k. My pawns have been away for a ludicrous amount of time now haha

Edit; Ive been checking the return ticks timer and it goes down from ~160k to ~60k and back up to ~160k. Bugged?

Zakhad

I'm having a similar issue I can't seem to lower the value it keeps going back up.

<returnTicks>169178</returnTicks> keeps resetting (saved every 10 seconds down from 1000 to 0ish then it reset to 170000

Would

<li Class="TacticalComputer.MapComponent_ColonistsOutsideMap_Anomaly">
<PawnsAtAnomaly />
<returnTicksAnomaly>96591</returnTicksAnomaly>
</li>

have anything to do with it this is directly after the pawndef's inside the event def? or is that just a cd for if you had said Taticalcomputer for the event to trigger.

Edit: I think I've narrowed it down to having a corrupt inventory item in that I'm getting a nullreference and its stuck an eternal loop because it can't create a character with an invalid item, I've posted about this is the hardcore sk section with the relevant info as best as I can figure out, since I'm using that modpack and can't figure out which is the problem the modpack or this :S