[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffith

Haplo

Do you have your error log file? Maybe we can figure out what the invalid object is..

Zakhad

http://pastebin.com/Z8w1vn4J

Quote from what I wrote in the hardcore sk forum section, i didn't want to double post not sure if it was considered spam-like

Quote from: Zakhad on August 20, 2016, 11:32:57 PM
Enlightened was causing the gui to flicker and was removed on yesterdays github i think

Enjoying the last couple of days worth of changes on the github, with the RA assets/changes to hardcore sk from yesterday. The primitive play style is great from an immersion sense, its feasible to survive for a while without ship chunks. It make for a nice sense of progression to what you'd normally start as default to on alpha 13

My only pet peeve right now is with Misc incidents and permanently losing people due to the trigger for them to return not happening (been over to his mod forum and similar people are having this issue)

Yes I have tried editing the code with various combinations the only thing I haven't tried is deleting it but then i'd lose my people :S

<li Class="Incidents.MapComponent_ColonistsOutsideMap_RumorOf">
<Active>True</Active> (Have tried False/Null
<ExitMapCell>(0, 0, 5)</ExitMapCell>
<returnTicks>0</returnTicks> (Tried various numbers from 0-1100)
<autoDeactivateTicks>0</autoDeactivateTicks> (This keeps defaulting back up to 12000 each time i change it)
<PawnsOutOfMap>

Edit - Okay I have noticed that this consistently (Image below) appears each time the event for them to return triggers so its an invalid item spawn and its stuck in an eternal loop but this could just be 1 item out of 50 items after say if this item gets fixed.

The only melee weapons they have are two pawns with pickaxes in there inventory (gun in mainhand) can someone verify that the pickaxes are not corrupt?

Pickaxe 1
<li Class="Infusion.ThingWithInfusions">
<def>TFJ_Tool_Mining_Pickaxe</def>
<id>TFJ_Tool_Mining_Pickaxe226783</id>
<pos>(274, 0, 254)</pos>
<health>80</health>
<stackCount>1</stackCount>
<stuff>Bronze</stuff>
<verbTracker>
<verbs>
<li Class="Verb_MeleeAttack">
<loadID>4426573</loadID>
</li>
</verbs>

Pickaxe 2
<li Class="Infusion.ThingWithInfusions">
<def>TFJ_Tool_Mining_Pickaxe</def>
<id>TFJ_Tool_Mining_Pickaxe226783</id>
<pos>(274, 0, 254)</pos>
<health>80</health>
<stackCount>1</stackCount>
<stuff>Bronze</stuff>
<verbTracker>
<verbs>
<li Class="Verb_MeleeAttack">
<loadID>4426573</loadID>
</li>
                                                                                                 </verbs>

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Nictis

Found a beautiful bug involving the recharge pods, namely that it's an insanely upgraded bed if you assign a colonist to it.

130% Immunity gain speed, 220% Rest? Hell yes, even if I doubt it's meant for meatbag use.

Ivan_Poddubniy

Am I right that you cant make new robots with Hardcore SK pack? They have some built-in bots, but i tried to change plantcutter to a miner one using manual from this thread and it throws exceptions in console and dont mine.

Haplo

Quote from: Zakhad on August 21, 2016, 05:24:09 AM

Thanks for that. I also don't know what exactly causes the error to spawn, but I think I have a solution for what your log file shows..
I'll update the incidents to 0.14.6 soon. The new patch should catch the error and hopefully your pawns will return this way. Can you please try it and tell me?

Zakhad

Quote from: Haplo on August 21, 2016, 03:59:27 PM
Quote from: Zakhad on August 21, 2016, 05:24:09 AM

Thanks for that. I also don't know what exactly causes the error to spawn, but I think I have a solution for what your log file shows..
I'll update the incidents to 0.14.6 soon. The new patch should catch the error and hopefully your pawns will return this way. Can you please try it and tell me?

First of all thank you. I had already abandoned carrying on with that save but I did keep the save encase this little bug reporting endeavour bared any fruit, in this case it did! I replaced the mod loaded up the old save just before they're due to return and they returned. Hopefully this helps other people out. Is there any chance you could explain a little bit of what you think happened and or what you did to fix it? This is just so I have a little bit better of an understanding of what went wrong.

http://pastebin.com/04kAJbsg new pastebin for the output log

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

CannibarRechter

On the adding skills to the bot thing, are you aware of the bit mask you have to add up to get it to work?

Edit: it's workTag. This number must match up to the sum of numbers matching the workTypeDefs.

Google for "rimworld workTag" and you will find the numbers. Just add the ones you need all together.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Haplo

Quote from: CannibarRechter on August 21, 2016, 09:00:18 PM
On the adding skills to the bot thing, are you aware of the bit mask you have to add up to get it to work?

Edit: it's workTag. This number must match up to the sum of numbers matching the workTypeDefs.

Google for "rimworld workTag" and you will find the numbers. Just add the ones you need all together.

Also, the WorkTags are listed in the robots tutorial.

Quote from: Zakhad on August 21, 2016, 07:51:18 PM
The new error is the log I've added to maybe figure out what goes wrong in there..
The problem seems to happen in my function CalcVerbValue. In there I look for various stats to calculate a value for the firepower the pawns have with them. And with the Great Bow you have it looks like one of these stats isn't available. For now I just threw a try-catch around it all that gives me some information about the error but doesn't cause a full crash that prevents the respawning.

Deimos Rast

So I figured I'd give the Misc Map Generator a whirl, and it seems to work (buildings and ruins and stuff are generated - oddly enough out of bearskin), but there is a slight issue with bugs. As in insects. I'm pretty new to RimWorld, so I've never seen a Megaspider or a Spledopede (?) before, but less than 5 minutes into a new game, I get an "Area Revealed" message for a place in the deep mountains, way underground. It's a dungeon, with a Megaspider and its insect cronies and they're starving (literally). They then proceed to dig through half the (400x400) map of mountain and attack my hovel of a base. I manage to survive, but now I have no ammo (Combat Realism mod). That was last playthrough. This playthrough there are twice as many Megaspiders coming out of the walls and I have all melee characters, who are naked (don't ask).
Is this typical behavior?
Expected cool ruins...did not expect the zerg rush  :-\
#StopPluginAbuse

StormySunrise

Quote from: Deimos Rast on August 23, 2016, 08:06:08 PM
So I figured I'd give the Misc Map Generator a whirl, and it seems to work (buildings and ruins and stuff are generated - oddly enough out of bearskin), but there is a slight issue with bugs. As in insects. I'm pretty new to RimWorld, so I've never seen a Megaspider or a Spledopede (?) before, but less than 5 minutes into a new game, I get an "Area Revealed" message for a place in the deep mountains, way underground. It's a dungeon, with a Megaspider and its insect cronies and they're starving (literally). They then proceed to dig through half the (400x400) map of mountain and attack my hovel of a base. I manage to survive, but now I have no ammo (Combat Realism mod). That was last playthrough. This playthrough there are twice as many Megaspiders coming out of the walls and I have all melee characters, who are naked (don't ask).

I think its a bug with map gen, I get the bugs spawning too. Apparently the roofs are counted as "natural" therefore the bugs are likerlier to spawn there, and since there are man-made ruins there and the zerg were implemented to fight mountain bases, i think its safe to say that they spawn because the AI think its a base when its not.

Zakhad

Quote from: Haplo on August 22, 2016, 12:50:13 PM

The new error is the log I've added to maybe figure out what goes wrong in there..
The problem seems to happen in my function CalcVerbValue. In there I look for various stats to calculate a value for the firepower the pawns have with them. And with the Great Bow you have it looks like one of these stats isn't available. For now I just threw a try-catch around it all that gives me some information about the error but doesn't cause a full crash that prevents the respawning.

Thanks, I've mentioned this on the hardcore sk github so they can adapt / help the mods work together.

Haplo

Quote from: Deimos Rast on August 23, 2016, 08:06:08 PM

Yes, sorry about that. I've also seen this phenomenon and removed the insects from my blueprints. But I think I've forgotten to actually release it? I'll look into it when I'm back at my computer.
For the Bearskin buildings. That are my Tippi. Tents should be out of leather ;)

Edit: As promised the new version is up. I've removed beds and the insects from the blueprints.

theorial

Tried to change the gardening bot to a mining bot, didn't work.

Everything loads fine, no errors or anything, but once I'm in game and place the new bots, they simply will NOT activate and do their jobs. Not sure what you may need from me in terms of what I did, I followed your tutorial to the letter, only changing 'cooking' with 'mining' in your examples. I set the worktag to 65544 (65536+8) for mining. Any help would be great. Let me know what you need from me in order to solve this issue.

Zakhad

Rofl at this rumorOF event I just had a escape pod crashlanding and i get a event to go traveling off to what I'd assume his spacecraft, Intended? lol funny I'm wondering if it'll bug out because he's not able to travel due to crashing in my region.