[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1 Kiwi

Dusty keyboard

etoire

I had no idea how valuable those little robot haulers were to me until they were taken away. Cheerily awaiting an update to hauling robots and wishing you happy holidays.

Haplo

I've updated what I currently can.
Unfortunately Robots have a breaking bug that I'm unable to fix for now.
And because of the bug hunting in Robots I didn't have time to look at Mai and Objects.
Incidents will not be updated for now. I will most likely rework it completely to integrate the current caravan functionality later on.

But on the positive side: I've added a MapGen version for generating Faction bases.
You are also invited to make your own bases and add them to the blueprints on GitHub. They will then incorporated by me and released with the next version.

A special TEST-Version of the mod can be downloaded here.
This version ALWAYS takes one of the available Blueprints and NEVER the vanilla.
Just remove the available blueprint file and add your own and you can always test your blueprint by attacking enemy faction bases. :)

harpo99999

Azeyrt

Tig2

Bees !! I whose wondering when someone sniff a grate potential in this topic! Grate! Thank You for that Christmas present !
"The strongest among you, may not wear a crown"

Hydromancerx

This community has so many talented modders. Someone must be able to help save this mod. You guys are smart people! I know you can do it!!

Didact04

Quote from: Hydromancerx on December 26, 2016, 06:40:05 AM
save this mod

The mod doesn't need saving, it requires re-wiring. This tends to be rather laborious and tedious, and must be done by someone who understands the code. Learning how to use existing code looks scarier than making it yourself and learning it that way.

Someone stepping up would potentially help divide the work load, but the mod's life doesn't depend on it.

Azeyrt

Will you never be able to fix Robots? Please keep us updated

Haplo

I'm not willing to say never. When I have a bit time after christmas I'll take a look into converting the robots to be animals instead of over configured colonists as they are now. Maybe then they'll work again.
BUT this will not be something that is ready anytime soon(TM)...

PS:
I've updated the MapGenerator to fix a problem with active Scythers at game start.
Additionally I've expanded the faction base generator to suport power conduits placed under walls.

magik20

Quote from: Haplo on December 26, 2016, 05:03:23 PM
I'm not willing to say never. When I have a bit time after christmas I'll take a look into converting the robots to be animals instead of over configured colonists as they are now. Maybe then they'll work again.

PS:
I've updated the MapGenerator to fix a problem with active Scythers at game start.
Additionally I've expanded the faction base generator to suport power conduits placed under walls.

as long as these robots eat kibble and not my freaking lavish meals!

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: magik20 on December 26, 2016, 05:05:46 PM

PS:

as long as these robots eat kibble and not my freaking lavish meals!

lol thay never needed to eat just use there batterys and rest but as animals will R.I.P drug abused robots on luci

qxevtnulu

Thinks for the guy who developed this mod, especially the "Misc. MAI" mod . It's great and funny. Hope to play the mod of " Misc.  MAI" in version A16 soon. Happy new year!

14m1337

Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

Thundercraft

...When I have a bit time after christmas I'll take a look into converting the robots to be animals instead of over configured colonists as they are now. Maybe then they'll work again.

Nice! Sounds like a plan.

I do wonder if converting the robots into animals instead of being colonists might allow them to play nice with the Combat Realism mod. Just a thought I had. But then, I'm something of an optimist. ;D