[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Thank you AlexDeluxe and fox_kirya. I'll add them soon :)

Quote from: Canute on January 10, 2017, 09:27:10 AM
QuoteThe files and HowTo can be found here on the forum or on GitHub:
Why you don't add them straight to the mod with each release ?
Or do you think people cry about licence/copyright about their blueprint they upload it there to use with your mod ?

The reason is that it makes the file rather big. So why should everyone download 1.5MB when the mod can also be provided with only 0.5MB download size? And those who really want to use that, know where to find it.

Cake

Hi there! I just wanted to thank you for developing this mod, and continuing to update it. I really appreciate it.

KAcidi

My robots do not work. I press the "activate" and nothing happens

Canute

Quote from: Haplo on January 10, 2017, 11:41:42 AM
Thank you AlexDeluxe and fox_kirya. I'll add them soon :)

Quote from: Canute on January 10, 2017, 09:27:10 AM
QuoteThe files and HowTo can be found here on the forum or on GitHub:
Why you don't add them straight to the mod with each release ?
Or do you think people cry about licence/copyright about their blueprint they upload it there to use with your mod ?

The reason is that it makes the file rather big. So why should everyone download 1.5MB when the mod can also be provided with only 0.5MB download size? And those who really want to use that, know where to find it.
1.5MB = rather big, and what is Rimworld with 100MB, megantic. Not to speak about some 0day patches of AAA games gigantic.

When these blueprints don't slow the game, i don't see a reason why they arn't included to the mod by default when someone allready get the Mapgenerator he want the blueprint too.

Goldenpotatoes

With the Incidents system, you said you planned to make it use the new caravan system. Do you also plan on using the temp map system for the event, or just 'reach x on the map, get notification and have them walk back'?

Senio

Exception ticking AIRobot_RechargeStation_Hauler2216469: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AIRobot.AIRobot.TryFindMyBase (AIRobot.AIRobot bot) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AIRobot.AIRobot.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AIRobot.Building_AIRobotRechargeStation.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

have more more this error msg .

coldcell

carpediembr

Quote from: coldcell on January 10, 2017, 07:03:47 PM
Any way to repair the hauler robots?

Quote from: Haplo on January 10, 2017, 08:12:40 AM
UPDATE
Robots and MapGenerator FactionBase was updated.

Robots:
Fixed the healing. Now they heal themselfs again when they are in the recharge station.
Exception are missing parts.

Haplo

Quote from: Senio on January 10, 2017, 01:17:27 PM
Exception ticking AIRobot_RechargeStation_Hauler2216469: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AIRobot.AIRobot.TryFindMyBase (AIRobot.AIRobot bot) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Yes, sorry. There was a bug in the hotfix. I've hotfixed the hotfix to squash this bug. ;D

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on January 10, 2017, 01:16:09 PM
With the Incidents system, you said you planned to make it use the new caravan system. Do you also plan on using the temp map system for the event, or just 'reach x on the map, get notification and have them walk back'?
To be honest, I don't know yet. I'll think about it once I've actually started on the work.
Sorry, but I don't know yet. We'll see :)

Senio

Quote from: Haplo on January 10, 2017, 07:44:15 PM
Quote from: Senio on January 10, 2017, 01:17:27 PM

Yes, sorry. There was a bug in the hotfix. I've hotfixed the hotfix to squash this bug. ;D

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on January 10, 2017, 01:16:09 PM
To be honest, I don't know yet. I'll think about it once I've actually started on the work.
Sorry, but I don't know yet. We'll see :)

thank you ,  i love this mod (cleaning bot)

coldcell

I used the 0.16.4 but I think it clashes with Robot++. Not why, but after updating Misc Robot, I saved and tried to reload and it was giving me map error. I haven't tried loading the game with the mods disabled, but since it only happened after changing Misc Robot, I can safely say it's the cause.

Not a problem though since I can still use 0.16.3.

Stage

Hi Haplo!

I have a request for your mod:

Would it be possible to have an own robots-tab, where you can see a list of all your robots and set, what they are allowed to do? I have something in mind like WorkTabs, but for robots.
Sometimes I want to have my robots just do one Task, and only one (eg. stone cutting).
Or have a config option to block robots from certain tasks (what I have in mind: I want an animal-handle robot, that can not tame or train, but shear and milk).

I have way too little programming-knowledge to predict if it is possible or not, so I am appologizing in advance if this is not a valid request :)

Regards,
Stage

Haplo

I've updated Robots again to 0.16.4c.
Here the human man should be fixed and the mod should no longer cause any load problems (hopefully)

Senio

Quote from: Haplo on January 11, 2017, 12:57:40 PM
I've updated Robots again to 0.16.4c.
Here the human man should be fixed and the mod should no longer cause any load problems (hopefully)
Amazing, thank you