[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruisuki

yeah i assumed the joy shooting would be done on their won but was expecting a bill to shoot for exp. so far nobodys even used the joy archery or shooting dummies.

Haplo

Hm, I thought I had tested it.. The shooting dummy should pop a right click menu, if your selected pawn has a ranged weapon equipped. If that isn't the case, then I have to take a look into what I did wrong this time...

Ruisuki

Quote from: Haplo on March 28, 2017, 02:49:12 PM
Hm, I thought I had tested it.. The shooting dummy should pop a right click menu, if your selected pawn has a ranged weapon equipped. If that isn't the case, then I have to take a look into what I did wrong this time...
Yeah i have vanilla pistols and snipers and nothing pops up. Any luck on your end? I added it mid save if that helps

Haplo

I'm sorry, but I can't repro it on my side.
As you can see in the screenshot, the right click on the training dummy when a pawn is selected DOES create a float menu.
The only instance when it is not created in my test is, if the dummy is outside the allowed work area..

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Canute

Very curious, i said too that it didn't worked and i tested it with my colony i used at that time. And it didn't worked.

And then i just add Misc.Training my newest one, and it worked.

It only could be a conflict with the mods i used in the past. So when anyone else expierence these problem, please post your modlist too.

Ruisuki

I only installed a few weeks ago, should I delete and reinstall? Also is there somewhere I can just copy the modlist from and just paste it? or do i have to type out each mod manually, its quite a lot

Canute

Under config you find modconfig.xml, a text file with the name of all active mods.
But just post it when you are sure it didn't work.

Haplo

If it's a mod conflict you can try to move Misc. Training to the end of the mod list.
This way it's loaded last and MAYBE will overwrite the problematic mod call.. Maybe..

zidey

not sure if im doing something wrong, but i can't research the robots. ive seen in a youtubers video that i should have a robotics research option but i dont have one. I only seem to have one for mobile ai.

http://imgur.com/a/7F4KQ

thats my mod list with how ive got them all loaded. (the images are the wrong way around, core is at the top)

Ive tried with just misc robots active, installed via steam and then tried a manual install.

Haplo

Misc Robots don't provide a robotics Research. I only provide the Hauler and Cleaner as buyable from Traders.
What you're searching is something like Misc Robots++. As far as I know there are currently two addon mods out there that expand on Misc Robots. :D

zidey

Quote from: Haplo on April 25, 2017, 06:22:56 AM
Misc Robots don't provide a robotics Research. I only provide the Hauler and Cleaner as buyable from Traders.
What you're searching is something like Misc Robots++. As far as I know there are currently two addon mods out there that expand on Misc Robots. :D

Ahhh! thank you! that was the issue! they didn't have it showing in their mods list on their video which is what confused me!

zeMonsta

Is it normal for the hauling and cleaning bots to die of malnutrition? My bots seems to always die in about 10 days of malnutrition. Couldn't find any info on this, so maybe this a bug or conflict with other mods? Running A16 standalone with Miscellaneous_Robots_0166.

Canute

No that shouldn't happen.
Did you install Misc. Core too ?
If yes, try to move them both at the end of the mod list and look if this still happen.
And when it still happen you maybe can post an errorlog with hugslib, but don't await a fix for the A16 version anymore since Haplo allready working on A17.

zeMonsta

Quote from: Canute on May 06, 2017, 03:32:39 AM
No that shouldn't happen.
Did you install Misc. Core too ?
If yes, try to move them both at the end of the mod list and look if this still happen.
And when it still happen you maybe can post an errorlog with hugslib, but don't await a fix for the A16 version anymore since Haplo allready working on A17.

Ok, good to know :)

Yes, I have the Misc. Core installed and it's loaded before the Misc. Robots. I tried moving them to the end of the list but that didn't seem to help. I'll try to check if I can get the log for when it happens. Would be good to know though how the food levels for the bots should work. Should they even ever go down or should they fill up at the base station?

Haplo

Yes, sorry. Robots wont get a fix anymore as the a17 version is already up and running. The system is now quite different to the a16 robots. In a16 they were modified colonists. In a17 they will be modified animals.  8)

Normally the food should be updated to 100 whenever it falls under 98%. So yours behave strangely  ;D