[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

laokangz2,
yes it is.
Robot++ is just an extendtion of Misc.robots and use this mod as requirement.

Jan2607

Haplo, can you disable that human colonists will automatically chose MAIs charging station as bed? That causes some annoying micromanagement.

Haplo

I'm also not too sure why the recharge beds for MAI are the prefered beds for colonists..
They seem to like the nanite tanks better than their beds ;)
Unfortunately I can't really do much about it without doing some really deep re-codings.
The stations are better beds by design (to shorten MAIs recharge time), sorry.

Harry_Dicks

Why would the pawn ever lose their assigned things, is it from leaving to map for caravans/launch pods?

If so, I would think someone might have made a mod for things like this by now. I understand it would have to be C#, but would something like this be that hard? Make it so that if a pawn leaves the map, if they have anything assigned to them, it will just stay assigned, until the player changes it? Maybe the mod could just remove the "flag checker" (I know there is real name for these things) that fires when a pawn leaves the map?

Why does the game actually unassign pawns from beds? Does it check every so often to see if assigned beds still have a pawn on the map? Or does a pawn leaving a map fire off something that checks for assigned things? If it is the latter, could this just simply be disabled with a mod/patch? Even if you have pawns that die, the beds would still be assigned, or something, but maybe some players would be willing to deal with these sorts of things as a trade off.

Haplo

I haven't looked into the code, but I think this is something that is triggered with the despawn of a pawn.
If a pawn despawns all his reserved stuff will be released. Also his bed.
If you prevent the releasing then you may get some difficult to find errors, or something simple as pawns on other maps that try to go to sleep in their start map because their bed is there.
I understand the want to have it remain reserved, but I think it will cause some other problems, which cause other errors...
In the end what looks to be a simple change might result in an avalanche of bugs ;D

henk

blizzardwolf420

any idea if the map gen mod conflicts with the new biome mods that have been popping up ,ie natures pretty sweet and more biomes.  I really like your mods but im worried they may break things if used together.

Harry_Dicks

Of course! ::) That makes sense. Thanks, Haplo.

I suppose some C# programmer could accomplish this with some magic. Maybe you could select a bed or anything that is assigned to a particular pawn, and press a little button at the bottom of the screen to "lock" the owner into place, regardless of them being on the map or not.

Jan2607

Yes, if a pawn leaves the map, he loses his reserved bed. When he comes back, he randomly picks a new one.
The same happens, if a downed pawn gets rescued. If you have a hospital recharge station for MAI, the colonists will rescue their human buddy to that recharge station - and if MAI gets downed, they haul her to a normal hospital bed, where she can't use the nanites and can't fully recharge.
Yes, it's not that big issue, but it's really annoying. Didn't know, it is that difficult :(

Well, I think I have to build recharge stations for my humans :D Side effect of that is, they need less sleep and I can finally introduce the 20 hours work day :D

Harry_Dicks

Could you not forbid the zones where the hospital recharge bed is so that it is only accessible by MAI?

Jan2607

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 30, 2018, 08:16:21 PM
Could you not forbid the zones where the hospital recharge bed is so that it is only accessible by MAI?

That could work, I will try it.

Benis

In Misc Gen and its urban extension, all buildings/ruins spawn without roofs. This means all the destructible goodies hidden inside rot in the rain within the first week or so, long before you can realistically deal with mechanoids and hives. Kinda defeats the purpose.

Ruisuki

mate any idea how to stop colonists from getting hit by friendly fire in the shooting range? What I basically did was move a dummy 10 tiles apart for the range to fit, then enclose it with stone walls behind it but since sometimes shooters miss and hit the walls builders will walk straight from the location of the shooter and end up hit. I thought sandbags would serve well as the 'counter' to prevent them from advancing but forgot they walk right through that. Is it possible to create a 'low wall' that doesnt stop the shooter from practice firing but does prevent movement?

bomberchibbi

you could make a forbid zone along the path that the bullet travels so that they have to repair it from the outside

Ruisuki

Quote from: bomberchibbi on February 14, 2018, 07:57:10 AM
you could make a forbid zone along the path that the bullet travels so that they have to repair it from the outside
Id need to switch to that zone for each shooter each time i would be at the range?