[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Yes I know, as the agent is effectively an raider, you only can handle him, like you can handle any raider.
Only with luck you can catch him alive..

Tynan

Can you talk more about the spaceship engine event? Sound interesting.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Haplo

I don't want to spoiler it too much, so here is a short description of the crashed engine event:
A part of your space ships engine crashed nearby. You have a few days to destroy it, before it will explode.
But caution if you leave it be as reports state that the radiation of the engine isn't really good for animals..

Peacekeep3r777

Quote from: Haplo on June 05, 2014, 02:47:59 PM
I don't want to spoiler it too much, so here is a short description of the crashed engine event:
A part of your space ships engine crashed nearby. You have a few days to destroy it, before it will explode.
But caution if you leave it be as reports state that the radiation of the engine isn't really good for animals..

I didnt do anything about that engine and after it started to fire it almost scorched half of the entire map. Couldnt handle the fire alone, so i waited for rain to stop it. I was lucky it wasnt near my base :).

Haplo

And your animals didn't behave strangely?
That sounds not like it should be. Maybe I need to update the radius a bit...
PS: If you had done what the event tells you to do, it may have been better for you ;)

Peacekeep3r777

If i think more about it there were like 4 squirrels attacking me, but nothing more, so I didnt pay much attention to it.

Plunkett

I love the mod: was going to attempt to make lockable doors myself :), thanks for including the source for it; it is useful to look at to learn and is commented well.

tarakanhb

Hi. fix mod =)

in Miscellaneous_Buildings_LockableDoors.xml

<ThingDef ParentName="DoorBase">
<defName>DoorWood</defName>
<label>Wood door</label>
<description>Divides rooms. Must be manually opened and closed, which slows people down.</description>
<workToBuild>250</workToBuild>
<texturePath>Things/Building/Door/DoorWood_Mover</texturePath>
<menuIconPath>Things/Building/Door/DoorWood_MenuIcon</menuIconPath>
<constructionEffect>ConstructWood</constructionEffect>
<costList>
<li>
<thingDef>WoodLog</thingDef>
<count>20</count>
</li>
</costList>
<designationHotKey>P</designationHotKey>
</ThingDef>

ps. I like your mod, thank you +)

Haplo

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I can't do any fixing until later today or maybe even tomorrow.
I have no access to my PC until then. But as soon as I can, I'll update my mods.

Haplo

spatula

I just gotta say that I LOVE the lifeform scanner. REALLY useful when playing with zombies for finding those stragglers who don't join the initial raid without massive scrolling. Makes it so much easier to just jump around the map in end-game scenarios with more than 10 colonists. As a pure gameplay mechanic, this just saves me huge headaches (try selecting a colonist on 3x speed). Also looks really cool on the aesthetics front.

I think the nano storage could use some work (would be nice to have an "inbox", "outbox" and "series of tubes" connecting them, so you could store food in the food room, shove it in an inbox there and have it move to an outbox in the kitchen)

Also, events were cool. The agent one I wanted really badly in the game and it worked great- fucker turned against us and sent a raid, but I managed to re-capture and eventually he re-joined the colony and went on to further adventures... really added some cool story elements there... this is the shit i wanna see- personality and stories to tell!

The engine was cool- I remember a similar event in Better Power or something (though that thing always ended up burning up before I could get to it), but this was much better. Didn't really notice the psycho animal effects or anything, but still, just the concept alone was really cool to start with!

mrofa

Thanks took me 2 days to make that texture :D

As for nano storage i think it could be done from mechanical side but thers a problem with tubes, since thers no attlitude layer that lets you build stuff under other stuff or over other stuff(except etheral but its broken) so basicly you would need to build tubes as a normal objects like electric cable, thrugh entire colony.

All i do is clutter all around.

ILLMachina

You could just imply tubes? That is, link them a-la DF mechanisms or have them connect to all other nanostores, sharing a collective inventory? This seems great, gonna check it out.

Haplo

I would need to build something akin to the powernet to know which stores are connected and which aren't.
For now I haven't enough time to integrate such. Maybe later on when there aren't any other projects stealing my time anymore.

Haplo

So, here is my latest project. I present to you: MAI, the mobile AI.
She is a customizable AI, which can support your colony.