[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

It seems I had a small thinking error with the work priority (and a few other stuff, like the Uranium problem).
Hopefully 1.4.7 works better..
UPDATE is out. :)

nmid

In 1.4.7, when I build a powered door, I can't change it's starting hp.
I increasing the amount in the file Defs\ThingDefs\Miscellaneous_Buildings_LockableDoors.xml
   <ThingDef ParentName="DoorBase">
      <defName>DoorPowered</defName>
      <label>Powered door</label>
    <maxHealth>1000</maxHealth>

& just to be sure, I also made a change to the default settings
   <ThingDef ParentName="BuildingBase" Name="DoorBase" Abstract="True">
      <eType>Door</eType>
      <thingClass>LockableDoor.Building_LockableDoor</thingClass>
      <maxHealth>1000</maxHealth>

However, the hp shown in game is still 250 (the vanilla default).

Any ideas what other variable is at play here?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Haplo

I've tried it here and set the value to 1500. The game accepted the new values without problem.
But if you researches the strengthening of the doors, they are set to 250..
That is a problem of the vanilla research. I recommend, if you wanna have some blast doors, take the wooden doors, change its def name and change their value as they aren't affected by the research.

mrofa

nmid in core/defs/ResearchProjectDefs/BaseResearchProjects.xml
Look for <defName>StrongDoors</defName>, in that def thers <targetValInt>250</targetValInt>.
Change that 250 to whatever hp you want them to have
All i do is clutter all around.

decomg

after I installed this mod all squirrels went crazy and attack my colonists  =/

Haplo

That may be the crashed engine.
You should have received a message, and what you should do to prevent this..
Don't blame me if you don't read your messages or don't follow the advise. 8)

decomg

Haplo

The only possible way for my mod to affect animals is if the engine crashed.
Do you have the crashed engine somewhere on the map? If so, I recommend to destroy it soon.
If not,  the animals are not from this mod :)

nmid

@mrofa, @haplo .. Ah, thanks for the info about research being a consideration.
I should have remembered it!
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

nmid

I have a suggestion... I played a game where I had my 5 original colonists and 20 MAI.. :p.
To make things interesting, you should have MAI go beserk once a while, if they outnumber colonist 5:1 or 3:1?

An incident with a rare chance :p  (Roman slave revolt!) ?

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

Haplo

Quote from: Encode on June 23, 2014, 04:32:45 AM
This mod has been what I wanted for replacing the panicky colonists!! :) Thank you!

I'm not sure if it is intended, but my incapacitated MAI would explode sometime after they're resting in their beds. Didn't really notice how/why, could be after they're no longer incapacitated and still resting/sleeping and caused something to blow up?

Cheers!

Ups, I think there still is a problem with the incapacitated timer explosion.
She should only explode if you don't rescue her in time..
And the explosion timer should be rather short, so that you can use her as a self destructing melee bomb. :)
I'll have to think about how I wanna set this.. able to be rescued or a melee bomb when incapaciated? That is the question...

Haplo

Quote from: nmid on June 23, 2014, 06:05:56 AM
I have a suggestion... I played a game where I had my 5 original colonists and 20 MAI.. :p.
To make things interesting, you should have MAI go beserk once a while, if they outnumber colonist 5:1 or 3:1?

An incident with a rare chance :p  (Roman slave revolt!) ?

A good idea, maybe I'll do that one later ;)
PS: How did you get so many Mai? I thought I made her expensive enough to prevent so many of her.. Should I make her even more expensive? Ok, then you'd only have 10.. still sooo many :)

nmid

... :p

/abashed...

I made them cheaper myself :D

edit - ps.. I also increased their base move speed to 2, muhhahaha.. Talk about turbo hauling+.

StorymasterQ

I think, rather than making MAIs more expensive, you should just give a hard limit on the number of her copies. For example, you can't make more MAIs than your colonists, so the proportions are at most 50:50. Or, more complicatedly, an increasing cost of manufacture, say for every fourth MAI the cost is doubled. But I don't know if we can even do that.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here