[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boosss400

When i Set a recharge Station nothinf happend but if i reaload my game my sreen goes RAINBOW and i can only start a new game

ifnor

piinatsu

Quote from: boosss400 on July 08, 2014, 09:28:22 AM
When i Set a recharge Station nothinf happend but if i reaload my game my sreen goes RAINBOW and i can only start a new game
Whenever I load previous game, the screen goes white and I can't play. Log says: "Colonist Name" started 10 jobs in 10 ticks ..., "Colonist Name" starting job Wait(A(0,0,0) ..., Object reference not set to an instance ...
But I'm not sure this mod caused it.

boosss400

Quote from: piinatsu on July 08, 2014, 10:56:22 AM
Quote from: boosss400 on July 08, 2014, 09:28:22 AM
Whenever I load previous game, the screen goes white and I can't play. Log says: "Colonist Name" started 10 jobs in 10 ticks ..., "Colonist Name" starting job Wait(A(0,0,0) ..., Object reference not set to an instance ...
But I'm not sure this mod caused it.
its is i tested it out

Haplo

Can you provide me with the savegame, please? That shouldn't happen.. :(

Ok, I could reproduce it...
A Hotfix is on its way. With it the reload of the saves should work again.

Jamyd0dger

I just created my first AI and all it does is jump around, doesnt allow me to control and it doesnt perform any tasks whatsoever. Any help would be appreciated :)

piinatsu

Quote from: Haplo on July 08, 2014, 01:09:46 PM
Can you provide me with the savegame, please? That shouldn't happen.. :(

Ok, I could reproduce it...
A Hotfix is on its way. With it the reload of the saves should work again.
Wonderful, Haplo. I've been frustrated these few days as I can't find the source of the problem. I tried updated all mods and reinstalled many times, I thought I'm done for. But, now I can load and play, it worked seamlessly. Thank you so much for the fix and your fast response.

Haplo

Quote from: Jamyd0dger on July 08, 2014, 07:08:08 PM
I just created my first AI and all it does is jump around, doesnt allow me to control and it doesnt perform any tasks whatsoever. Any help would be appreciated :)

Mai should be controllable as any other colonist. She can't do much except firefighting and hauling if you only researched the basic functionality before production, but at least as a hauler she should be good for. If you want her to do more you must research the appropriate AI researches BEFORE creating her. An upgrade later on isn't possible :)

Quote from: piinatsu on July 08, 2014, 11:24:24 PM
Quote from: Haplo on July 08, 2014, 01:09:46 PM
Wonderful, Haplo. I've been frustrated these few days as I can't find the source of the problem. I tried updated all mods and reinstalled many times, I thought I'm done for. But, now I can load and play, it worked seamlessly. Thank you so much for the fix and your fast response.

Thanks for informing me of the problem. I didn't encounter this myself and it only happened in every second save I've tested it in. But as long as it workes now, I'm satisfied ;)
Have fun with her and please tell me, if there are anymore problems :)

Nirahiel

How do you actually put resources inside the AI assembler thingy ?
Power goes in but it looks like my colonists doesn't transfer stuff. Do I need a hopper or some sort of way to provide it materials ? There is no button to configure the assembler as a "stockpile" (aka storage)

Haplo

No,  the assembler does that on its own. You start the production and it creates a storage field, which accept the needed resources. This field is of an critical category, so your resources should be in a lower than critical storage or it won't be hauled to the assembler..
If you've done that,  your hauler will bring the resources to the assembler.

Nirahiel

Where is the storage field supposed to be ? Inside the assembler ?
The only stockpile for metal and silver I have is set to default priority (I didn't even change it) yet when I try to right click metal to set priority to haul it it says no empty place configured to store it (when it's already in my stockpile)

Haplo

The storage field is the interaction point of the assembler.
But you can't manually add something there. It's all automaticly done.
Hmm, in the description it shows, what resources are already there/needed.
Also, the green button should be switched, so that the red stop button is shown. Then it is active.
And when there is a counter running, the production is at work.

Nirahiel

I'm pretty sure I turned it on and nothing happened but I'll double check once I'm home. If it still doesn't work I'll eventually post a screen shot

EDIT : I got it working but my game froze when I clicked on her and checked her needs.
Any idea ?
Also she's spazzing around like a maniac, and doesn't seem to be able to do her tasks properly (She can't even go through a metal door)

Haplo

Really,really strange. Can you provide me with the savegame?
I'd really like to take a look into her. My Mai works perfectly.. Only problem I've seen is, that I forgot to reset the requirements to 8, but that is another thing..
If you 7zip it it may be lower than the 300kb limit here. Else you can upload it to http://www.mediafire.com or http://puush.me

Hmm, another thing you can try is make a clean install from it. Delete the Miscellaneous folder, redownload the newest version and try if it is better.. There may be an old file version to make a problem..

Nirahiel

Well I just downloaded the mod like yesterday or something ? I have the latest already.
I'm playing on mac.
Also here is the save : https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgf1mkflg2mwyhc/Aperture.rim
Here is my setup : the entire App is symlinked from my dropbox to my applications folder (to keep mods synced between computers) and the same apply to the save folder (that's why the save is already Dropbox'ed)