[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Update, update..
Miscellaneous has been updated.

I present to you: The Nano Printer!

This time, after you researched the nano storage, you can now research how to modify the nano bots to replicate items.
With this you get a Nano Printer. It has the capability to replicate your items.
Just place whatever you want to have replicated on the Nano Scanner, start the printer, feed it with the needed resources and after a short while you get a replication of your item.

123nick

of all the automatic robot mod, or drone mods ive seen so far, this one i like the most. i think its how the MAI is made with the assembler and stuff, and the balance of the mod because its not overpowered or underpowered. its a great mod!

Haplo

Thank you. I always try to do my best with what I deliver and it really is a lot of work to do so.
And doing the Pawn control stuff, it's double that, as it really has the most control routines to work through.
But if there is someone who appreciates all the work, it is worth it.
So, I only can say thank you for your kind words good sir. ;D

Haplo

Hehe, that's a nice usage of them. It's the birth of the next Mechanoid Hive. ;)
Then you just need to build some Centipedes and some Scythers and voila.. ;D

For your question: It may be possible. You could make something like that by integrating a new ThinkNode/WorkNode in the ThinkTree. Then you just have to program the Node code to do what you want.
Nice idea, but not really something that I'll do anytime soon.. Maybe sometimes later on..

TenSaidYes

Ooh, ooh! I want my colony to become a Mechanoid Hive!

That would be absolutely fantastic! Especially if MAI could just start lopping out colonist brains and stuffing them into bio-mechanical bodies. Or implant 'harness' chips into their heads to override their human emotions. Or just plain-old march them into a 'bio-recycling' chamber and grind them down into raw material. Oh, the things that could be.

The things that could be.

Oh well. It's never gonna happen, but at least everyone who reads this thread will now be imagining just how much fun their colonies would become if they went from 'benevolent hand in the sky' to 'SKYNET is self-aware'.

BetaSpectre

Any way to make the nano replicator prioritize-able? It seems to require a colonist to haul items to it but doesn't use the crafting skill as such when I'm grabbing something from one end of the map my colonists will just ignore the nano replicator.

Edit: Found a way to make it work a little better its still a bit weird but manageable. If I place a stockpile infront (maybe even around) the Nano Replicator then the machine will each up metal to create the desired clothing or weapon. Reasonable costs if anyone asks me. Though it does make the smelting mod less useful, however with both mods I can deconstruct weapons to turn into new ones all in all pretty rad.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

makalon233

MAI mod is good for me,it's very interesting,if i want to change the passion of MAI,what should i do?
sincere thanks.

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

makalon233

Quote from: mrofa on July 24, 2014, 05:07:59 AM
You cant change passion of MAI
thanks
in game there r three types of passion, none, interested and burning, they r connecting with learning speed...
is there anyway of modifying this?

Haplo

The passion is hard disabled for Mai.
I thought about adding it, but I disabled it again, because... she is an android. She doesn't have a passion for anything.
That's against her very nature :)
Everything else would be a bit unrealistic and overkill...

Somz

Quote from: Haplo on July 24, 2014, 10:06:17 AM
The passion is hard disabled for Mai.
I thought about adding it, but I disabled it again, because... she is an android. She doesn't have a passion for anything.
That's against her very nature :)
Everything else would be a bit unrealistic and overkill...

"Lorewise" an AI is supposed to be...well, a lot more intelligent than a human, resulting in a more efficient way of learning how to do anything basically; shooting, cooking, crafting...
I kinda wanted to suggest giving her passion because that'd be more like the "real thing", but for balancing reasons I didn't. o-o
You could also enable it and upload it as an alternative version of the mod if many asks for it, for me her being able to do pretty much anything, plus having +100 hp is enough. :)
Right now she's more like... Mvi, a mobile virtual intelligence. ;)
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

makalon233

i'm interested in how to add passion type to MAI...
in defs? curious lol

Haplo

Right now you can't. Maybe I'll add an option, where you can set the passion level in the xml.
But right now it requires a change in the dll program.

Haplo

As it's out now for a while, I just wanted to ask you, what you think about the Artefact incident so far?
Is it interesting? Too hard, too easy? Need balancing? Need to be removed? Is the randomness too much?
What are your thoughts about it?

welcomeHub

Version (Alpha 5) Miscellaneous w. MAI (V 1.5.5 / 20.07.2014):

An overall awesome mod!

And I got some small issues:
1, The automatic assembler often bugged in the way that only accepts silver or metal, stop/restart sometimes didn't work;

2, I tried to copy armour with nano printer, with armour placed on scanner beside printer. When I start the printer, colonists refuse to put metal into the printer, so it didn't work.

3, The nano storage often don't pop item in stock to the top, as a consequence, colonists don't use the storage and I have to manually pop stock each time. I tried to use nano storage to store meal but didn't work well due to this reason.