[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

What should the switch do? Switch the robot off or a manual control of the robot?

Angelix

do not reset area or shutdown them where they are. or smth that allow keep them away. maybe even in "area reset" option in mod options

SpaceDorf

Turning off the Power for the recharge bases has the effect you want.

Robots who would return to recharge stay where they are, similiar to the solar Flare or EMP effect.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

sirdave79

Hello there Mr Haplo.

I love your mod. It was Barkys video that made me explore it.

So I currently am doing a testing playthrough for 241 mods. I had rimworld on all day yesterday in the background. I have 20 MAI's active, 10 female 10 male, which I spawned in using debug mode.

After a while 2 of my AIs decided to be lovers so I built em a double recharger and switched em to that.

After that I am getting an error in debug log and the game pauses. A reference to a pawn ID I strongly believe to be one of the AI couple.

When I switch them back to separate rechargers I can sleep through 3 days. The moment they get into the double recharger I have the problem again.

Exception in RimWorld.ThinkNode_ConditionalLyingDown TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.LovePartnerRelationUtility.GetLovinMtbHours (Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.Pawn partner) [0x00023] in <5209aa21b50a4923892a7510acf7aa74>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.ThinkNode_ChancePerHour_Lovin.DMD<DMD<MtbHours_Patch1>?-1738884608::MtbHours_Patch1>(Verse.AI.ThinkNode_ChancePerHour_Lovin,Verse.Pawn)
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_ChancePerHour.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.AI.JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00030] in <5209aa21b50a4923892a7510acf7aa74>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.AI.JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00022] in <5209aa21b50a4923892a7510acf7aa74>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DMD<DMD<DetermineNextJob_Patch4>?638055552::DetermineNextJob_Patch4>(Pawn_JobTracker, ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DMD<DMD<CheckForJobOverride_Patch0>?1612893312::CheckForJobOverride_Patch0>(Pawn_JobTracker)
RimWorld.<>c__DisplayClass2_0:<LayDown>b__1()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DMD<DMD<DriverTick_Patch1>?-1208736640::DriverTick_Patch1>(JobDriver)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:DMD<DMD<Tick_Patch2>?-689569024::Tick_Patch2>(Pawn)
AIPawn.AIPawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Im not sure this problem is caused by this mod alone, its more likely a bad interaction but that error may mean more to you than it does to me.

Ill see about exporting my modlist too.

Thanks

Canute

sirdave79,
i bet you use hugslib too. So just use CTRL-F12 or the green "Share log" button at the log window.
That include the modlist too.
Best do that log, after you loaded the safegame and maybe assign the MAI's to the double charger.

sirdave79

I am using hugslib yes, should I not be ? I didn't think it was depreciated now. Maybe that's caused me some other problems that I couldn't fix.

Huh. that ctrl+f12 is pretty cool.

https://gist.github.com/e332cef896d326f5f72a642d27a2007b

Anything stand out other thanHugslib ? (should I remove hugslib ??)

Thanks

Canute

QuoteAnything stand out other thanHugslib ? (should I remove hugslib ??)
Not sure what you mean. Since many mods need hugslib you can't remove it.

QuoteRimWorld 1.1.2558
You should update your Rimworld to 1.1.2575 at last or better to the newest 1.1.2589.

QuoteMod [1.1] RPG Style Inventory [V3.3.2] is missing packageId in About.xml! (example: <packageId>AuthorName.ModName.Specific</packageId>)
I checked myself, there is a packageID at the About.xml
Not sure how you installed the mods, but you should update them all.
And check if all mods are installed/unzip correct.

QuoteFailed to parse dependency: <li>JecsTools</li>.
Inner exception: System.IO.InvalidDataException: Invalid packageId: 'JecsTools'
  at ModManager.Dependency.TryParseIdentifier (System.String text, System.Xml.XmlNode node) [0x0006f] in <173388a768a94ef8987399eefd1f398b>:0
Can it be that one of your installed mods need Jecstools Mod  ?

At first your should fix your mods, so no error's (red text) show up after a mod activation/Rimworld start.

sirdave79

Thank you for taking the time to look at all of that.

You said "i bet you use hugslib too."

That made me think you were saying I shouldn't be.

As far as I knew I should be using, so I am using it.

The way Ive installed most of these mods is by using my steam install to download mods ive subscribed too, then im using fluffys mod manager to make local copies of mods and moving them to my ludeon downloaded non steam rimworld install. A few I've downloaded direct from the forums.

I'll update my game version at some point. Didn't even realise I didn't have jecstools in right now. I didn't perceive any issues. Ill get that put in. With RPG inventories again I didn't perceive any problems, there does seem to be a large number of "bootleg" copies of the mod around. Ill see about downloading it from the forums.

I do however think those things are unlikely to be the cause of my problem.

Especially since keeping the mobile ai's apart avoids the error. I suppose its possible. When I've done all the things I'll update.

Thanks

Canute

Yes, you are right they are prolly not the reason for the double charger problem, since the single charger works.
But that is a general suggestion, not to have error's at Rimworld start.
And when a mod got a missing packageID at example it indicate that version is maybe and old version.
Old versions arn't allways bad, but mosttimes there is a reason why there is a newer version.

Basicly is is a wise choose to backup your steam mods, but updates are important too :-)

About the double charger Haplo the mod author need to look.

Haplo

The new version should fix this issue.
A check in the base game doesn't recognise that a pawn may have no food requirements, this threw errors.
I've circumvented it now by activating food requirements (liquor) but disabling the real requirement :)
Now this error shouldn't occure again.
Also the path fixed a problem with the nanite fabricator.
Now a MAI in a recharge station with a fabricator attached + enough plasteel can now regrow lost limbs again :)

ImAllen

Only problem I have is If I add a recharge station as a medical bed, the non AI use it to rest in. or the AI uses the hospital beds instead and wont rest. Nothing major.

sirdave79

@Haplo, if your last post was in response to me sir, thanks very much ill get around to testing. Aplogies for the trouble.

I've done some of the things Canute said but I haven't updated the game version and im kind of in the middle of a bit less cheaty playthrough.

Ruisuki

Haplo

Ups, sorry. I totally forgot hat I haven't finished Incidents yet.. :(

Ruisuki

slight request not sure if its in the cards but can different ammo be used for the shooting range? I use the lightweight ammunition mod and my people end up wasting a ton of resources using the dummy. Or maybe a way to restrict these recreation sources to only be used manually, of my own volition so I can micromanage and minimize the ammo consumption?