[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

You can use the arrow target instead.
That one can now also be used for training, where it uses the equipped weapon (forced training only), but they will use the bow (no ammo) to shoot arrows for recreation.

Ruisuki

ah. well another problem is that the pawns end up breaking the walls or wasting a lot of time on repairs when using the regular dummy but i suppose i could just not build it. Would be good if i could forbid the use of the target dummy so i could only use it when forcing a pawn so i can micromanage it

Canute

That is a problem with all semi-dangerous weapons.
There is allready a check for dangerous weapons so pawn's won't use Doomsday launcher to pratice shooting ! :-)
You just shouldn't place the target close to walls or other destroyable objects. 2 tiles away from anything would fix that problem, or if you use weapons with a larger spread 3-4 tiles.
Why do you think at reallife shooting ranges arn't in living areas of cities? :-)

Ruisuki

Canute

Yeah, but at these enclosed shooting ranges, you just use small arms, and no grenade launcher, miniguns or small arms with explosion ammo ! :-)
Sure an Alien blaster would be just a small arms too, but don't be surprised you don't have enclosed walls or a room temp. of 500°C after the first shoot ! :-)

Ruisuki

Thankfully the mod has your pawn throw stones if their weapon is considered dangerous (grenades, flamethrower). Honestly, I would prefer if this was the standard even for non explosives lol. I like building indoor shooting ranges so I can get access to the 'extremely impressive' room role mood bonus. i use the archery outside

Jan2607

Any chance to get the Misc. Incidents updated? I really miss the mod :(

Haplo

Unfortunately I have some troubles figuring out how the site code changed.
That and my limited free time that I have creates real problems..
I am working on it, but it is a reaaaallly slow process, sorry :(

devinh

Sorry about posting on such an old topic but I wanted to see if I could get some help with the mod. For whatever reason after I finish crafting and activating an enhanced MAI any time the game attempts to play music it throws up an error in the music manager is there any reason for it or anything anyone might know to do to fix it? I've confirmed that it only happens while the robot is crafted and activated if after I see the error I kill the robot and destroy it it will no longer give me the error every time music tries to play. I've tried installing music mod manager too but that doesn't fix it either. Any help would be appreciated!

Canute

devinh,
at last you should post the error too has an chance to take a look. Best would be to use the "Share log" button if you got hugslib installed and post the link you got.

Meanwhile you can investigate self a bit. Just disable all other mod's beside the libaries and the Misc. series.
Setup a test colony with the dev tools, spawn resources and let a MAI build and activate.
If anything works fine, it is at last the fault of some other mod from your list.

Since you mention the musicmanager, any other mod that modify the music at some way ? try to add them to your test colony and test it.

devinh

Quote from: Canute on November 30, 2020, 03:12:00 AM
devinh,
at last you should post the error too has an chance to take a look. Best would be to use the "Share log" button if you got hugslib installed and post the link you got.

Meanwhile you can investigate self a bit. Just disable all other mod's beside the libaries and the Misc. series.
Setup a test colony with the dev tools, spawn resources and let a MAI build and activate.
If anything works fine, it is at last the fault of some other mod from your list.

Since you mention the musicmanager, any other mod that modify the music at some way ? try to add them to your test colony and test it.

I'm working on getting another confirmation on the new file but I need the music to try to play first while the MAI is activated to do so but here is one from my current save. https://git.io/JkjtA I don't have any mods normally that affect music I tried installing music manager to hopefully get around the problem but when it didn't fix it I removed it.

Edit: While it was running in the background it popped up with the error. It is a brand new fresh save just with an activated MAI enhanced android. Also you can see if you leave it it will continue to try to play music frequently enough and keeps throwing errors. https://git.io/Jkjmr

ImAllen

dn503

Quote from: ImAllen on August 15, 2021, 08:03:58 PM
Any hope for this mod?

almost  year since last post, don't think it will be updated to 1.3 anytime soon... hope I'm wrong.

Canute

You are wrong.
All mods are for 1.3, the author just don't update the topic anymore.
You can get them all over the github link or use Rimpy to download them from the workshop (take a look at the 1. link of my signature).

dn503

Quote from: Canute on October 14, 2021, 08:35:03 AM
You are wrong.
All mods are for 1.3, the author just don't update the topic anymore.
You can get them all over the github link or use Rimpy to download them from the workshop (take a look at the 1. link of my signature).

Thank you very much Canute ;)