[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

axenn

perhaps i did'nt make attention, but it seems you cannot recycle the body of ai ... why ?

Because i don't know if i'm right, but it seems each ai make there is more ennemies. I passed with one more AI from 280 to more than 300 ennemies ! I play with thos a bit less aggressive
AI.

mrofa

MAI is couted as colonist in points calculation, so its basicly the same like you would buy a slave or get prisoner to join the colony.
All i do is clutter all around.

Haplo

Quote from: welcomeHub on August 02, 2014, 05:49:46 AM
...stuff...

Thanks for the issues. I know of the nanostorage one. It's a problem, that the game sometimes doesn't do a notification, if there is something at the storage location. A similiar problem may be that with the assembler.
I'll look into it, maybe I'll find some other solution. Maybe I'll do it with a ticker. At least that way is relyable..
The problem with the armor.. Did the printer find the item on the scanner and showed a metal cost?

Grimandevil

Is there a way to install only MAI w/o everything else?
I understand i can simply not use other features, but i'd preffer not to have em entirely.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Haplo

The easiest way is to go into the mod folder and delete everything where there isn't AIPawn in the name.
If there is a demand for it,  I'll maybe provide it separately. :)

Grimandevil

Ok, it turned out pretty simple due to file names. My suggestion is that u just include this instruction in the head post. Tyvm.

ADD:
  houston we have a problem. Now all my colonists get "Battery Low" thought.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Haplo

Hmm, yes that is a oversight of mine. It happends with the normal mod too, but I haven't seen it before.
It is because I've added it to the normal ThoughtPredicates and didn't use an own function as I should have..
Thanks for catching it. I think I'll change something there to make it a Mai only thought again..

Bog

Quote from: Grimandevil on August 02, 2014, 07:02:55 PM

Where'd you get that shotgun from?

*drools*

I've been meaning to make some SC weapons but if someone else already has then I could just use theirs.
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

Shinzy

Quote from: Bog on August 03, 2014, 05:24:09 PM
Quote from: Grimandevil on August 02, 2014, 07:02:55 PM

Where'd you get that shotgun from?

*drools*

I've been meaning to make some SC weapons but if someone else already has then I could just use theirs.
I believe that's from Covert Ghost[insert number]'s Terran Dominion mod. He's been doing SC weaponry

Bog

Quote from: Shinzy on August 03, 2014, 05:32:40 PM
I believe that's from Covert Ghost[insert number]'s Terran Dominion mod. He's been doing SC weaponry
Cool, thanks again you. *poke*
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

StorymasterQ

Maybe the colonist has a cellphone, and since we don't have chargers in Rimworld, it's left with...battery low.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

thefinn

Is there any way to make the nano storage units also be zones for counting bills ?

Like a single square to store all meals in would be really useful, however if they are going to continue making more and more meals because they are no longer being counted as in storage... that's a problem ;)

Thanks!

Edit:
Ok, I have played with it a little more, and I gotta say I am utterly confused by the nano storage ;)

I can understand it if say... the 10 meals (for example) were stored, then someone takes the top one, and the next one then pops to the top automatically - but I have to hit a key for this ?! I cannot think of an item in the game where this is useful.

What's the point of a container that you put on "dispense" mode which doesn't actually dispense its' contents ?
I was kind of hoping to be able to do away with the hideous stockpile zones.

I think I'm missing the point of the nano-storage or something, can someone enlighten me ?

Haplo

What you're experiencing is a small bug,  where the storage doesn't recognize that the item is taken already.
Normally this happened, when it was hauled away automatically, but since alpha 5 it doesn't do that anymore.
But be a bit patient, I have already tinkered the code a bit. Hopefully the next version has an automatic output again. :)

To your counting question: I must look into it, but I don't think that I can set the counting manually. So most likely: No, I can't do that, sorry.

thefinn

Haha, no worries. It just had me stumped.

I can get around the zone anyhow, I just make them cook until they have 1 then make a 1x1 meal zone with a low priority.

So it will store 11 that way.

thefinn

Quote from: thefinn on August 07, 2014, 02:59:31 AM
Haha, no worries. It just had me stumped. I was like "What the hell is this thing for then ?" (I am new to the mod lol).

I can get around the zone anyhow, I just make them cook until they have 1 then make a 1x1 meal zone with a low priority.

So it will store 11 that way.