[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javaman

Hey Haplo. Love the mod, especially the fact that it plays well with other mods. One thing on the mai robot, can you update it so that if you research new ai for mai the next mai you end up creating will be improved to to that specific task. I find it a bit odd that if you build the mai right as you get the tech all the other research becomes useless. The tech even says the next generation of mai. I think it would be cool if you could continue to develop better mai bots. Maybe increased the time it takes to study new ai so you can gradually develop better mai til you can manufacture bots that do it all. Though in the beginning you can have simple mai bots.

Haplo

Sorry, if I don't understand correctly what you mean, but it should already be like you described. You can't upgrade your existing Mai, but if you only researched the basics, created a Mai, researched let's say ai combat tactics, then your second Mai will have the new combat ability, that the first one lacks.
That is what you meant, isn't it? If it isn't like that right now, then I have to look what's wrong, because that is how I want her to be. The first one should always be the one with the lowest work options available :)

Javaman

Yes, my mistake. After careful testing i realized it is working as intended. lol One thing though. When you activate a mai reasource, the game removes all the in active mais from the game. Could you adjust it so that only the mai reasource that is activated gets removed. I like the idea of constructing a warehouse full of un activated mais waiting to be activated at a moments notice... saves me the need to build mai beds, as i enjoy sending my unstoppable army of explosive mais at the enemy.  lol.

Grimandevil

btw Haplo, forgot to mention this earlier - spellcheck the msg when Mai first invented. cant make screenshot right now.

got a suggestion for improving Mai. right now, when u research all ot the programming - u get a robot with all 6 stats value. maibe, u could add an option in producing chamber to produce cpecific Mai's, like it has limited capabilities but with higher rates.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Haplo

Thanks for the info. I'll correct it for the next release :)
For your suggestion: Nice idea. Maybe I'll do something like that, but not anytime soon.
I have not enough time right now and the next alpha is also around the corner...

Haplo

And.. here is the first alpha 6 version.
Unfortunately Mai needs some more work, so I've removed her for now.
Everything else should be working and a few things even have improvements.

Grimandevil

I've been thinking of ways to improve MAI, and since u're going to work on it anyway now..
U can only build 1 basic Mai right now. How about using 'AI persona core' for building advanced Mai's? Its rare enough, to be worth it.
The advanced Mai's should have higher stats, or normal stats + some good stats. anything u like. They can even be named like Mai-00 Mai-01 etc -_- Producing process shoudn't change much. Only when u first activate it, u get to choose activate standard Mai or use AI core. Maybe u'll need a higher skilled crafter.

anyway, maybe it helps.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Haplo

Update: Mai is again available.
I've also improved her a bit according to Grimandevils ideas.
You can now build an enhaced MAI. She needs an AI Persona, has a bit better stats and also high passion.
Additionally she has the abilities to fight and research without your need to research it. Everything else still needs to be researched prior to her activation, or she won't do that!

As always, please tell me, if you find some bugs that I didn't see.
With that, have fun ;D

Somz

Quote from: Haplo on August 16, 2014, 01:39:29 PM
Update: Mai is again available.
I've also improved her a bit according to Grimandevils ideas.
You can now build an enhaced MAI. She needs an AI Persona, has a bit better stats and also high passion.
Additionally she has the abilities to fight and research without your need to research it. Everything else still needs to be researched prior to her activation, or she won't do that!

As always, please tell me, if you find some bugs that I didn't see.
With that, have fun ;D

Just one word...
Yeeeeeeeeey!  ;D
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Haplo

Hmm, sorry but what do you mean?
The defNames are already AIShieldingError, AIBatteriesRefilled, ...
If you mean the AIPawn.xxxxx prefix, that isn't needed in defNames.

Kirid

Error I got after activating mod..
Def-linked Translation error: Found no Rimworld.ThoughtDef named ShieldingError to match ShieldingError.label
Def-linked Translation error: Found no Rimworld.ThoughtDef named ShieldingError to match ShieldingError.description
Def-linked Translation error: Found no Rimworld.ThoughtDef named BatteriesFilled to match BatteriesFilled.label
Def-linked Translation error: Found no Rimworld.ThoughtDef named BatteriesFilled to match BatteriesFilled.description
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

Haplo

Ah, ok, there is the AI missing.
Thanks, will correct it asap :)

123nick

help, i think i found a bug. when i try to build a Mai, the person hauling the silver and i assume metal, when they try to haul they try to move and then they stop moving, like when you melee hit someone when there moving, accept really quickly. i tried putting a stockpile next to the interaction point, with the silver placed in said stockpile, and what happens is they end up standing on the stockpile repeatedly trying to place silver in the assembler, but it just ends up repeating the noise it makes when silver gets picked up really fast, and i get this console error:

Zeiph started 10 jobs in 10 ticks. curJob=HaulToCell(a=silver212018, B=(220.0,154))

and im also getting this error:
zeiph starting job wait(a=(0,0,0), B=(0,0,0)) while already having job haultocell(A=Silver212018,B=(220,0,154))

please help

Haplo

Can you post the savegame and worldfile, please?

You can find them, if you go into the options menu and click on Open Savegamefolder.
The explorer should open and showing you some folders. I need the savegame and the world file you used for that savegame. With this I can take a look into what might be the issue that the jobs are starting like that.

Most likely it will be even compressed >300kB so that you cant post it directly here.
In this case, try to post it via mediafire or puush or something similiar.

Hmm, to be clear: You placed the source stockpile NEXT to the interaction Point? Not ON it?

123nick

Quote from: Haplo on August 18, 2014, 03:13:24 AM
Can you post the savegame and worldfile, please?

You can find them, if you go into the options menu and click on Open Savegamefolder.
The explorer should open and showing you some folders. I need the savegame and the world file you used for that savegame. With this I can take a look into what might be the issue that the jobs are starting like that.

Most likely it will be even compressed >300kB so that you cant post it directly here.
In this case, try to post it via mediafire or puush or something similiar.

Hmm, to be clear: You placed the source stockpile NEXT to the interaction Point? Not ON it?

actualy, i placed the source stockpile ON the interaction point, so not diagonal to the texture with the input slot where the resources, directly next to. its bug example.rwm in one drive filehttps://onedrive.live.com/?cid=3315713F440A6017&id=3315713F440A6017%21148