[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Thank you, I'll look into it, when I'm back home.

But my first thought is, that it is the positioning, that's making the problems.
The Assembler creates an own stockpile on the interaction spot. The placement of your stockpile will most likely result in an unfortunate cross interaction between both Storages. I'll look if I can place the created storage inside the machine itself, but am unsure, if that's possible. But we'll see..

If this really is the problem then I recommend this:
Stop the production of the assembler and then delete your storage zone near the interaction point. Afterwards start the production again.
If everything went well, this should restart the storage of the assembler without interaction problems.

123nick

Quote from: Haplo on August 18, 2014, 06:19:26 AM
Thank you, I'll look into it, when I'm back home.

But my first thought is, that it is the positioning, that's making the problems.
The Assembler creates an own stockpile on the interaction spot. The placement of your stockpile will most likely result in an unfortunate cross interaction between both Storages. I'll look if I can place the created storage inside the machine itself, but am unsure, if that's possible. But we'll see..

If this really is the problem then I recommend this:
Stop the production of the assembler and then delete your storage zone near the interaction point. Afterwards start the production again.
If everything went well, this should restart the storage of the assembler without interaction problems.

well, in your known bugs section, it says that not to set the storage to critcal or it wont work,but i dont have any options for it. i think the problem was i just had a bigger stockpile on where the interaction spot was. ill see if it works now.

edit: it works! i think it was the stockpile placement. thanks for helping!

Haplo

To your upgrade question:
No, Mai won't let you access her programming once she is activated and will rather destroy herself, than let you change her memory or personality. :)
I could do something like that, but I don't think I want to, as it doesn't fit to how I envision her..

To your HP question:
Her internal body parts are already tougher than an human.
Mai's is x1.5 and MAI's x1.8 (I think that were the values I used...)
I think more would only make her too OP...

Haplo

Hmm, I was wrong with my numbers: Mai has 1.3x and MAI has 1.5x.
I think I'll upgrade it to the first values whith the next release...

Oh, and you find the health multiplicator in the race def :)
<healthScale>1.3</healthScale>

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Haplo

I don't know. It should be, as I don't have anything in there, that changes anything at the world generation.
But I have used it more than once with already existing savegames, where no mod was active. So.. I am not 100 sure, but for 95 I would say, yes :)

Haplo

Update:
This time I've added a weapon base that can be equipped with the weapon of your choice.
After research it will be available in two versions: A mannable one and an automatic one.
Both have pros and cons for their use over the other :)

I've tried to make them vanilla like. If you think that something should be changed, don't hesitate to tell me.
And now: Have fun with the newest addition, the turret base :)

Haplo

Thank you very much. I'm always happy if there is someone who likes my work ;D
And thanks for the bug report. I think I've made the error while copying it between the versions.
I'll correct that when I'm home :)

Haplo

To your question: No, it only requires one weapon of your choice.
This weapon will be mounted but it remains it's stats (except for the reload-time).
So, only one is required per base.

Haplo

Yes that is a problem. The job ends, when the weapon is on the turret. And afterwards the pawn is free to find a new job: taking the weapon and haul it to the next stockpile. For now it was the easiest to implement the original job. Unfortunately I haven't found a way to add a second job to the job queue. Still working on it. Maybe I find a way to add a second job or I'll make a custom job for it. But it will be a while...

Edit:
The hotfix for the wrongly placed textures is up.
Sometimes I just leave my brain at the door and forget it there ;)

Haplo

Possible, yes, easily done, no.
I would need to expand the turret class to accept a second gun and also work with the second gun.
It is doable, but not without not so small changes to the current code, sorry..

arigon2001

Really enjoyed the mod so far! One thing I've found recently with V6 is that none of my doors have the ability to lock or unlock. I've re-downloaded all my mods and put your load in the last order to make sure nothing else is overwriting it. I've even tried with a brand new world... still to no avail :/  Any ideas what I may be doing wrong? I've tested with all normal and powered doors.

Cheers!

Zeta Omega

Now before I add this mod....What is this Artifact its talking about.....and how scared should I be.... Also does the nano printer Work with weapons and armor from other mods?

Khrysanth

My colonists would like to thank you for making MAI available to them. Thanks to her, the humans were able to build a ship and leave.

I had planned on ending that game... Until I realised that MAI had gained a crafting skill of 9.