[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Quote from: arigon2001 on August 23, 2014, 05:19:48 PM
Really enjoyed the mod so far! One thing I've found recently with V6 is that none of my doors have the ability to lock or unlock. I've re-downloaded all my mods and put your load in the last order to make sure nothing else is overwriting it. I've even tried with a brand new world... still to no avail :/  Any ideas what I may be doing wrong? I've tested with all normal and powered doors.

Cheers!

Hmm,  that is strange. I know of mods, that overwrite the vanilla doors too, but when Miscellaneous is loaded last, it should overwrite theirs again. Another thing is, when you load a game that didn't have misc active, all the old doors don't have the lock function. But the new doors will have them. That is a strange effect and I don't know yet, how that works. But also this shouldn't be the case with a new world..
Can you tell me, what mods you have active?

Quote from: Zeta Omega on August 23, 2014, 08:30:26 PM
Now before I add this mod....What is this Artifact its talking about.....and how scared should I be.... Also does the nano printer Work with weapons and armor from other mods?
The Artifact is what it describes. Your colonist find an artifact and it is up to you, if you activate it. What happens after the activation is a random chance. I won't spoiler what happens, but there aren't any complaints about it yet, so I think it isn't too hard as an incident..
And last: Yes it should.

Quote from: Khrysanth on August 23, 2014, 11:54:41 PM
My colonists would like to thank you for making MAI available to them. Thanks to her, the humans were able to build a ship and leave.

I had planned on ending that game... Until I realised that MAI had gained a crafting skill of 9.
Thanks. It is always nice to hear that she is helpful :)
The only thing I will probably change is to make her a bit more expensive, I think the cost is a bit too low for what she can possibly do. What do you think?

Haplo

As far as I know, it is not possible to do that via xml.
I can do a reduction depending on research, but it has to be done in the dll part, sorry.
I can add something for reduction via research to it, but it will take a while as I don't have much time right now.

Paul

So, I just got a Incident pop-up down the side in yellow informing me my girl "Stormy" had found a Artifact. Now I had it on super fast mode just letting them do their thing, so by the time I jumped to the location I couldn't see anything.

now she has nothing on her except armor like she did previously so she's not carrying anything and i've searched around but I can't seem to find anything out of the ordinary? Perhaps a clue for what im looking for? an image of one perhaps? or.. Some indication of the effect it might have had?

Cheers, it's driving me mad with curiosity!  :o

Haplo

The Artifact is a dark brown triangle lying somewhere on the ground.
It should be somewhere outside, as the spawning inside is prohibited :)

Zeta Omega

Quote from: Haplo on August 24, 2014, 10:55:38 AM
The Artifact is a dark brown triangle lying somewhere on the ground.
It should be somewhere outside, as the spawning inside is prohibited :)
Is it friendly?........

Paul

Well... Thanks for the info but buggered if I can find it XD I've spent the last.. I don't know how long scouring the land for a brown object thats not one of the millions of tree trunks or logs or god knows what else thats on my map :L
It doesn't help that my city is quite messy and theres junk everywhere, also im playing on the LARGEST map size so.. yeah, if its somewhere... That mysterious artifact is going to stay just that... Mysterious! xD Thanks anyway!

Haplo

You should look for this:

Also with the actual code it can only spawn outside, meaning, the 'room' must have access to the maps edge, so it won't be inside your base most likely :)
Maybe I should change that to outside, without a roof...

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Haplo

New Update:
-Integrated an own JobDriver for installing the weapons of the turret base
-Turret base now has an extra research, which reduces the reload time a bit
-Artefact occures now also in enclosed areas, as long as there is no roof.
-Mai costs a bit more in the production (500 instead of 350 Metal), but the constructor costs a bit less.

Bodog999

Love the mod but I've noticed a very very annoying bug. Everytime my colonists get incapped they lose their door key :/ now I have to dig into the save file everytime they get incapped. Could you do something about this. Also I get errors due to the lockable doors

Haplo

Can you post your error log, because I have not encountered this problem yet.
Don't know why the colonists should loose their keys.. I don't think, that is mod related, but I'll take a look at it.

mrofa

First 3 colonist dont loose keys, problem is with the ones that are joining the colony.
All i do is clutter all around.

Haplo

OK.. Then a possible solution would be a key giving object..

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

Bodog999

I've deactivated your misc mod and now they dont lose their keys anymore newly recruited colonists also get a key into their inventory. I couldnt get the error log showing up again :/ sorry about that

Bodog999

Also can someone help me with MAI I've build the assembler and I got the stuff for it also got everything researched the interaction space isnt blocked but my colonists dont get the metal and silver into the assembler.